Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz Play of the Year  (Read 1520 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Mercedes-Benz Play of the Year
« on: November 07, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »
The Nominations

1. ANDY MURRAY versus Chela. Chela gives Murray the runaround and takes him way out of court until a baclhand pass down the line clinches it for Murray.
2. MARCOS BAGHDATIS versus Ljubicic. Ljubicic hits a dropshot, a lob and another dropshot until Baghdatis reaches the dropshot and cuts off the angle to hit a volley into the open court.
3. ANDY RODDICK versus Baghdatis. Roddick hits a diving volley (as seen on blackgirltennis' signature) and gets up to put away the next one.
4. DICK NORMAN versus Mahut. Mahut hits a good lob, but Norman hits a return lob behind his back for a winner.
5. NICOLAS MAHUT versus Roddick. Mahut spoons a volley which lands very close to the net, Roddick hits an angled 'putaway' with little power and Mahut dives for it to hit it back behind Roddick and force an error.
6. IGOR ANDREEV versus Kohlschreiber. Kohlschreiber hits an angled lob to the Andreev backhand, but a cross-court flick from Andreev fools Kohlschreiber and takes the point.
7. RAFAEL NADAL versus Del Potro. Del Potro hits a heavy forehand approach but Nadal reaches it and bunts a backhand down the line for a winner.
8. JUAN MONACO versus Di Mauro. Di Mauro hits an awesome dropshot-lob combination but Monaco hits a passing shot winner through his legs.
9. ANDY MURRAY versus Karlovic. Karlovic hits a short angled volley but Murray reaches it and whips a forehand down the line for a winner.

My vote goes to Monaco for an two brilliant reaches and a great winner, Andreev a close 2nd and Norman in 3rd.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Mercedes-Benz Play of the Year
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »
You know who I voted for. :whistle: But also, the videos were acting retarded and I couldn't see any of them. I do love Andy's point.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »
You know who I voted for. :whistle: But also, the videos were acting retarded and I couldn't see any of them. I do love Andy's point.

What videos?   :confused1:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »

What videos?   :confused1:

They're on the ATP wesbite

Offline Fran

• New Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Do u know when will the winner be announced?