Author Topic: Hello to the world~!  (Read 3121 times)

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
Hello to the world~!
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
Hi all other tennis fans alike, i'm new and clueless and am absolutely thrilled to join in a tennis forum. Stumbled upon here while searching for that elusive Djokovic vs Stepenak match in the 2nd round of the US open 2007. (Does any kind soul happen to have that video by chance?) I'm kind of hoping against hope that there would be a repeat telecast on cabletv for that match before the US Open '08. It was 'THE' match that converted me to a Djokovic fan. I've never seen such a spirited match before (even after 4hrs of intensive play)... and boy ain't the score crazily 'matched-up'.. 6-7, 7-6, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6... I'm won over by Nole's relentless energy and amazing shots. (but of course I'm sure there must be other nail-biting matches that I've missed.. does anyone have recommended 'must-watch' matches?)

I apologise for rattling away.. esp if you're a non-Djokovic fan. Am too excited, with aussie open drawing close and all... :)) Not many of my friends are as enthused about the game as I am. I may not play the sport but I'm a huge huge fan of it (and the players of course, particularly Novak Djokovic and Justine Henin), Am thinking of picking up the sport sometime in the future though. So I suppose I could pick up some tips and tricks here. Is there a discussion topic/thread that I can go to and coo about players and games?

Would be great to know that I'm not alone in this.

(P.S: I'll probably offend some other fans here.. but I'm still have to say this.. pray pray, let Djokovic win at least one major this year!  ://)
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Hello to the world~!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
Welcome to the forums!!!  Glad you stumbled upon us!

I do not have the match, I might have the highlights from it, but not the entire match.  Post it in the Videos section, I bet someone out there has it for you.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
 :)

Alrighty. Gracias.

Keeping my fingers crossed. This a great forum. So much stuff to read up on, I don't even know where to start.. it'll take a few days for catching up if that's ever possible.  :))
Keep at it.

Thanks again.

P.S: woohoo to AO!
Outdo the outdone.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »
Welcome here NoleDjoke...........enjoy yourself here and don't be shy!   :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
Welcome to the site NoleDjoke  :))   If you love tennis you'll love it here so post away and help to build up a Djokovic fan base!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
I have that elusive match, but it's very long, and a very large file. I just don't have the time to break it into bits at the moment. Perhaps in a few days or a couple weeks if noone comes up with it.
Welcome to the forums.  :welcome2:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:48:06 PM »
:)

Alrighty. Gracias.

Keeping my fingers crossed. This a great forum. So much stuff to read up on, I don't even know where to start.. it'll take a few days for catching up if that's ever possible.  :))
Keep at it.

Thanks again.

P.S: woohoo to AO!

welcome to the forums. post away and have fun. great avatar by the way.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
Hi all other tennis fans alike, i'm new and clueless and am absolutely thrilled to join ...

...Would be great to know that I'm not alone in this.

(P.S: I'll probably offend some other fans here.. but I'm still have to say this.. pray pray, let Djokovic win at least one major this year!  ://)
Greetings and welcome to the T4U forums.  Lots of fans, players, info, and vids to keep you busy here! :))

Which Slam do you think Djokovic has the best shot at?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
One would definitely think the USO since he has already been to the final! 

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
I have that elusive match, but it's very long, and a very large file. I just don't have the time to break it into bits at the moment. Perhaps in a few days or a couple weeks if noone comes up with it.
Welcome to the forums.  :welcome2:

:)) Yeaaa! tt'll be G-R-E-A-T! Thank you so much in adv. I did post my request at the vid section but response ain't too optimistic.  :\

Which Slam do you think Djokovic has the best shot at?

Actually I'm a pretty new Djokovic fan till tt USO rd2 game... usually i just watch men's tennis with a neutral mindset, not particularly supporting any players... so i din really analyse djok's game on other surfaces for the past year.. so it'll be tough for me to tell.

I'd say.. given his playing style, he has a better chance on the hard surfaces - so either the AO or USO. I'm sure he'll give Federer a better challenge this time round. His game has improved tremendously over the past year... I haven't checked the draw for the AO yet (suppose to come out today), I pray tt it'll work in his favour.   ://
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »
Welcome to the board. It's cool to have another Novak's fun.

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
Hi all other tennis fans alike, i'm new and clueless and am absolutely thrilled to join in a tennis forum. Stumbled upon here while searching for that elusive Djokovic vs Stepenak match in the 2nd round of the US open 2007. (Does any kind soul happen to have that video by chance?) I'm kind of hoping against hope that there would be a repeat telecast on cabletv for that match before the US Open '08. It was 'THE' match that converted me to a Djokovic fan. I've never seen such a spirited match before (even after 4hrs of intensive play)... and boy ain't the score crazily 'matched-up'.. 6-7, 7-6, 5-7, 7-5, 7-6... I'm won over by Nole's relentless energy and amazing shots. (but of course I'm sure there must be other nail-biting matches that I've missed.. does anyone have recommended 'must-watch' matches?)

I apologise for rattling away.. esp if you're a non-Djokovic fan. Am too excited, with aussie open drawing close and all... :)) Not many of my friends are as enthused about the game as I am. I may not play the sport but I'm a huge huge fan of it (and the players of course, particularly Novak Djokovic and Justine Henin), Am thinking of picking up the sport sometime in the future though. So I suppose I could pick up some tips and tricks here. Is there a discussion topic/thread that I can go to and coo about players and games?

Would be great to know that I'm not alone in this.

Welcome! 
Sorry, I'm not a Djoko fan at all but do enjoy his game.

We need all types of fans here.

I like Nadal and Fed's game but am not a total fan of either. I like to see how different players match up and their motivation. Also like to see how different styles work on the court and the underlying physical traits translating to the tennis court.
Anyways jump in the discussion section at any time and don't forget the video section.   :)

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »
 :)) I prefer Djokovic to Nadal's game cos of his variety but no doubt Nadal is a superb baseline player. As for Fed, his game is so perfect, it's scary.  :)~  it's almost a sin to watch him commit an unforced error. It's always nice to see new blood competing against the almighty great federer. When fed is up against nadal or djokovic, I happen always to support the underdog (sorry fed fans) except in Justine Henin's case. That gal is one dynamo given her height. She outwits her opponents with finesse... she gives hope to shorties like me.  :))

Less than a week to AO... I'm so happy!!
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »
Be welcome :)
Enjoy Ao :)
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 02:55:22 PM »
:)) I prefer Djokovic to Nadal's game cos of his variety but no doubt Nadal is a superb baseline player. As for Fed, his game is so perfect, it's scary.  :)~  it's almost a sin to watch him commit an unforced error. It's always nice to see new blood competing against the almighty great federer. When fed is up against nadal or djokovic, I happen always to support the underdog (sorry fed fans) except in Justine Henin's case. That gal is one dynamo given her height. She outwits her opponents with finesse... she gives hope to shorties like me.  :))

Less than a week to AO... I'm so happy!!

Welcome NoleDjoke (and don't ever feel you have to apologise to anyone else's fans because you support someone else :) )  We support whomever enthusiastically, but generally rationally... haha

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 05:44:03 AM »
'generally' rationally eh? haha.  :))
so far so good. noone's condemning my posts yet.   :innocent:

anyhow, thanks for ur assurance.
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

So far you seem to fit in nicely, enjoy the board  :lmao:  :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :Play Ball: :thumbs up: :applause: :shakey: :dance 2: :kisses: :drinks: :shiny: :yahoo: :cheer: :blush: :good: :lol: :60: :bye1: :uh: :first-place:
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »

So far you seem to fit in nicely, enjoy the board  :lmao:  :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :Play Ball: :thumbs up: :applause: :shakey: :dance 2: :kisses: :drinks: :shiny: :yahoo: :cheer: :blush: :good: :lol: :60: :bye1: :uh: :first-place:

you must have covered almost every smiley there victor  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »
every positive smiley that is. :blush:
i'm glad.  :))
Thank you.
Outdo the outdone.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 06:14:32 AM »
Welcome. Isn't it great to be here, especially right now.  :))