Author Topic: The Case for Roger Clemons  (Read 689 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
The Case for Roger Clemons
« on: January 08, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »
Did he, or didn't he?
He is going to great lengths to try and clear his name, and try and prove he didn't use steroids.
At a press confrence last night, he played a tape where he was asking Brian McNamee to "tell the truth". McNamee asked over and over "what do you want me to say?" This is pretty much all I heard from that tape. However, at no point did Clemons specifically ask McNamee for details on when he took steroids, or to be specific about facts. He just said tell the truth. What is the truth?
The biggest misconception I keep hearing is that steroids is a shortcut to getting stronger. It's as if, if you take steroids you don't have to put in the work to get stronger. This misconception seems to constantly be thrown out by people who should know about these things.
The bottom line is that steroids don't make it so that you don't have to work hard to get stronger, they make so that you can work harder more often to get stronger faster. You still have to put the work in. Why can't people get that?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: The Case for Roger Clemons
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
We will likely never find out the real truth!   ..-)     Bonds faught to clear his name as well! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: The Case for Roger Clemons
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
We will likely never find out the real truth!   ..-)     Bonds faught to clear his name as well! 

True, but Bonds fought by being irracible to the reporters. Just deny deny deny.
Clemons has done a YouTube vid, appeared on 60 Minutes, and yesterday a press confrence to announce a suit against McNamee and will appear before congress next week. That's much more than Bonds ever did in 2 years of allegations.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)