Author Topic: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~  (Read 38656 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Quotes/Articles and anything else about The Williams Sisters
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:51:50 PM »
At first I thought she was having boyfriend problems, but that was shot down when I saw her with Hank this week.  I wonder if it's "parent" problems?  as in her mom or dad?  I wish she wouldn't be so mysterious and just let inquiring fans know! :))

What do you mean "parent problems"? like her parents are fighting?

Or maybe she had a fall-out with one of them?
Why would that cause her to pull out of the tournament?

All this is just heresay... We really don't know what the REAL reason is.  I guess we'll just have to wait until she decides to inform her fans.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 09:58:12 PM »
Yay, I have 2 pages now! lol

But yeah, I guess we'll know soon enough.
Both of them better kick some a$$ on the clay season this year. Just one singles FO title between them... that's unacceptable.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
Do like I did with Roger's thread and post lots of pictures!  That'll make this thread grow.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
Do like I did with Roger's thread and post lots of pictures!  That'll make this thread grow.

That's what I plan on doing.lol

But I actually just read an article that Venus had been dealing with anemia since the US Open. She apparently had it for a while and it was undiagnosed for maybe even years. She said that it was "medical issues" that was preventing her from playing and that she's having a checkup or something. She'll be fine.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »

That's what I plan on doing.lol

But I actually just read an article that Venus had been dealing with anemia since the US Open. She apparently had it for a while and it was undiagnosed for maybe even years. She said that it was "medical issues" that was preventing her from playing and that she's having a checkup or something. She'll be fine.
\

Well I hope she gets better if that's what it is.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »
Here's pics from the start of the tourny

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »
Serena in action

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »
Venus paying a visit

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
It's good to see the sisters together (even though Venus isn't playing).  She looks good and I'm glad both of them are wearing their real "hair" now.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 08:19:51 PM »
It's good to see the sisters together (even though Venus isn't playing).  She looks good and I'm glad both of them are wearing their real "hair" now.
:rofl_2:
I second that notion! lol But I did like Serena's weave at the start of the '05 season.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
A blog post from Venus in regards to her alleged "hiatus"

April 12, 2008
Venus Blog

Hello everyone,

I am sure over the past few days you have heard some reports about me taking a "hiatus" from tennis. This could not be further from the truth and I just wanted to provide an update to those of you who are concerned.

The last few months have included a great deal of travel (5 continents in 2 months) and a lot of matches. I am not experiencing an injury (thank goodness) but after the Miami tournament my physio and I agreed that this was a smart time to have some preventative checkups on everything from my knees to my shoulder to my wrist to make sure that everything is in order. This is in preparation for a long summer that begins next month with the pre-French Open events in Europe and will last through the US Open in September. I have learned that caution is key and my goal is to do everything I can to put myself in the best position to do well during this next stretch.

The speculation that arose last week is an unfortunate example of one writer incorrectly spinning a story that took on a life of its own. I agreed to visit the Amelia Island tournament (Bausch and Lomb Championships) last week after my withdrawal to offer my support to the tournament and the WTA(and will do the same in Charleston this week). During my visit, I met with sponsors and fans and participated in a media session. From the media session somehow one of the writers translated my statement that I intend to return to competitive play next month for the French Open as an "indefinite leave of absence"??? While it was great to hear from a lot of old friends that wanted to make sure I was ok, this headline was wrong. To be very clear, I am healthy, I am not on an indefinite leave of absence and I will be back on Tour next month beginning in Rome (May 12).

I love playing tennis more and more each day and have no intentions of sitting on the sidelines and watching on TV!
The upcoming weeks will include my visit to Charleston and the Family Circle Cup tournament for a few days this week. I'll watch Serena play on Tues night and then back to Florida for practice and training. It will be nice to spend a little time at home and catch up on a variety of things including quality time with my friends and family and of course working on new designs for Eleven spring 09 in fact). Thank you for the support. ttyl, vee

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »
Thanks for posting that Wilsonboy.. (on Venus). It's good to have the 'truth' out there.  Remember, even we were speculating on what was wrong with her! :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
Was wondering when/if Venus would come out with her reasons for taking a break from the Tour to her fans and I think she's made a good move here as it will help to stop all the speculating as to what may have been wrong with her and her personal life. It's a long year and I think all the top players are well advised, especially with the Olympics thrown in as well, to take there little breaks from the Tour, recharge and come back fresh. It's all about prioritising events and getting their build up perfectly right, and this is what Venus will be looking to do.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 01:21:58 PM »
Does anyone know how they choose the two singles players that represent the countries in the Olympics?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
Does anyone know how they choose the two singles players that represent the countries in the Olympics?
They have to go by rankings. IOC has very strict rules.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »
They have to go by rankings. IOC has very strict rules.

Oh... well that means Venus and Serena are pretty much guaranteed. DO they do the same for doubles as well? B/c I can't see them doing doubles since they barely have doubles rankings.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
Team Selection
A maximum of four men and four women may be nominated by any one country for the Olympic tennis competition. A maximum of three men and three women may compete in the singles competitions, while a maximum of one menís and one womenís team may compete in the doubles competitions.

The 48 highest-ranked eligible men and women (according to the ATP tour and WTA tour singles rankings as of April 29) who have been selected by their national associations and national Olympic committees, will be accepted directly in the menís and womenís singles events. Any player nominated for the singles event will be automatically eligible for selection for the doubles event. The International Tennis Federation will select doubles pairs from doubles nominations received from national associations for direct acceptance, taking into account the playersí ATP tour or WTA tour doubles rankings as of April 29, and the number of players already accepted into the singles event.

National associations and the respective national Olympic committees will advise the International Tennis Federation of their selections to their Olympic teams by May 31.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:54:23 PM by Alex999 »

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Interesting....
Wow you really know you stuff Alex.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~