Author Topic: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~  (Read 38677 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
Venus looks nice!

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »
Another nice picture of Venus (too bad the other person is in the picture) :\ :rofl_2:

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »
Both are doing well in Wimbledon!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2009, 06:56:16 AM »
Another nice picture of Venus (too bad the other person is in the picture) :\ :rofl_2:

Is it just me or are these 2 women changing their appearance constantly?
Sometimes I don't even recognize them. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
Wimbledon champ Serena visits President Obama

WASHINGTON (AP)—It was tennis before baseball for President Barack Obama on Tuesday.

Before heading off to St. Louis to throw the first pitch at the All-Star game, the president welcomed Wimbledon champion Serena Williams to the White House.

“It was amazing,” Williams said before her World Team Tennis match with the Washington Kastles. “I love President Obama; he has such an unbelievable presence, and he seems to be so normal—and he noticed my shoes. I think that was the highlight of the whole day, was he liked my shoes.”

Williams said she was wearing 5-inch heels for the presidential visit.

“He asked me, ‘Should I be wearing high heels?’ So I thought that was kind of funny because he may have been right,” Williams said. “Because it is a job hazard for me, but I insist on wearing them.”

Williams got to meet Michelle Obama and the rest of the first family.

“I didn’t know she had such an amazing personality,” Williams said. “She had me cracking up and laughing. I knew she was a great person, but now I really understand how important this first family is to the United States. And the kids were just so cute and sweet, and the dog was nice.”

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »

Offline lizbeth

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has come on the Williams site to comment on the Bank of the West tournament.  Either Serena and Venus didn't take it very seriously or they are having trouble with concentration and consistency.  Maybe it's just that it's not a Grand Slam and their motivation isn't the same.
Anyway, Venus seemed to have the "yips" in the final against Bartoli.  As she said, she was fighting herself as well as Bartoli.  I don't remember ever seeing her lose control of the ball the way she did in that match.  Her service toss even went off the track.  It was as if she didn't have her normal coordination for whatever reasons.

Has anybody heard her give any explanation for the total change in her game between the semis demolition of Dementieva and the lost look against Bartoli the next day?  Very strange.......

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
Haha so this thread has been quite sleepy.lol So I shall come by.
Serena's all up on twitter at twitter.com/serenaJwilliams
She's so funny and personable. And she's one of the twitterers that's actually consistently updating and stuff.lol chyeah!!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2009, 07:28:15 AM »
She's so funny and personable

Yeah....
Especially when she's talking to line judges.....

I hope they suspend her fat a..

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »
She's so funny and personable

Yeah....
Especially when she's talking to line judges.....

I hope they suspend her fat a..
I really like both the Sistahs.  I guess that's why Serena's occasional violent outbursts are so upsetting.
They seem out of character and yet are most definitely a part of her character.
That, combined with her apparent lack of remorse are difficult to understand.

Hopefully it's not a case of 'roid Rage. :Confused:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:53:51 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2009, 02:21:16 AM »

I want legs like that!

And congrats to Venus and Serena for winning their tenth doubles title together :applause:.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2009, 05:50:36 AM »
 ..-)
:sigh:
 :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday to Serena!!! she turned 28 yesterday!!! yaaaay!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »

S tennis player Serena Williams (C) is pictured during a book signing at Harrods department store in London, on November 2, 2009. Williams was promoting her book entitled "Serena Williams, My Life, Queen of the Court". AFP PHOTO/Carl de Souza (Photo credit should read CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images)

Plus Serena broke another WTA record in 2009 shown below:
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP)—Serena Williams has set the record for single-season prize money in women’s tennis by topping $6.5 million in 2009.

Williams broke the WTA mark of slightly under $5.5 million, earned by Justine Henin in 2007.

The American won the season-ending tour championships Sunday, beating older sister Venus in the final, and ends the year ranked No. 1. The younger Williams also won the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2009.

Williams’ career prize money is now at a record $28.5 million.

Nice that she has a book out!  I cannot wait to read it!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
I just saw Venus Williams new outfit and it shows off her front two.  I did not realized she had breast work done or is it just the outfit.  It looks like double her "normal" size.

I came to the conclusion that it was her new outfit.  Look at Venus in her usual outfit:

But again maybe it the angle of the shot too:

It just something I never took into consideration until now!  It takes watching tennis to the next level for me.

I love to watch "Ladies Tennis" more now then ever!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:48:20 PM by HarryWild »

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
The William Sister won the 2010 French Open Doubles! 
From Espn.com:
" ESPN.com: ESPN Tennis  [Print without images]

Friday, June 4, 2010
Williamses don't leave Paris empty-handed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARIS -- Venus and Serena Williams have put together their own Grand Slam in doubles: four in a row, culminating with their first French Open championship since 1999. They are only the third team in history to hold all the titles at once. Their statistical domination of women's tennis couldn't be any more complete. Serena is one of only five women to have been ranked No. 1 in singles and doubles simultaneously, and Venus is right behind at No. 2.

The sisters' efficient 6-2, 6-3 victory over 12th-seeded Kveta Peschke of the Czech Republic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia capped a tournament in which, for the most part, they barely had to break a sweat. They had one walkover and three straight-set wins en route to the semifinal, where Liezel Huber of the U.S. -- the woman Serena will unseat at No. 1 in the rankings next week -- and Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain briefly interrupted the run by winning the first set. The sisters righted themselves and prevailed 2-6, 6-2, 6-4.

It's clear that one of the reasons the sisters play is for the sheer joy of it -- something they discovered as kids growing up in greater Los Angeles. The first time they teamed up was memorable, as they recalled in their postmatch news conference Friday, dissolving into uncontrollable giggles.

Venus couldn't remember exactly how old she was when the girls lined up on a public court in Lynwood, Calif. One of their older sisters, Isha, was across the net with another partner. Their father, Richard, encouraged Venus to be more aggressive, and she took it to heart.

"He told Venus to -- that she had to cross more, and so I think she got upset and she crossed when the person was serving,'' Serena said, almost choking with laughter. "She ended up volleying the serve. Oh, it was so funny. I remember my dad, he's so positive. He's like, 'Oh, no, no, Venus, not that. Just wait until after the serve.' I promise you every tournament I think about that when we're in doubles.

"And I also remember my dad told me I had to play the forehand because I was young and I was smaller, and then he put Venus on the backhand. It's been like that ever since.''

Venus made it clear that doubles isn't just a lark for the sisters.

"You have to be really focused to play the doubles,'' she said. "I mean, when we're playing these matches, sometimes you can end up playing 13 [doubles and singles] matches. So playing the doubles for us is not just like fun or let's play for fun. We're playing for the title, because it does take that extra focus and determination.

"Obviously when you win a point and enjoy that point with another person, I think that part is fun, because in singles you don't. You just go to the next point."

The sisters won six Grand Slam doubles titles from 1999 through 2003 and began playing regularly again in preparation for the 2008 Olympic Games. Since that summer, they've won six of eight majors as a team. They said they plan to keep playing the Slams as a team through the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Report a Bug | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Mobile | ESPN Shop | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information
©2009 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.  "

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:27 AM »
the williams sisters are without a doubt the most sublime tennis players since steffi imo. what theyve been able to accomplish both in their singles and doubles careers is amazing. those parents of theirs did one hell of a job.

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2011, 04:46:32 AM »
Wow last post was in 2010. :scared:
Its so sad what happend to Serena.I know she will be fine. She is a fighter.Cant wait to see her playing tennis again.

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2011, 04:49:11 AM »

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2011, 04:20:56 AM »
One half of the most famous pair of sisters in the sporting world, Venus Williams rose from poverty to break open the world of women's tennis. That the sisters are inspirational is without doubt; the question is how to choose which one inspires most.
Brought up in the tough LA suburb of Compton, both smashed through a staggering amount of obstacles – the poverty they were born into and racism in tennis, not to mention the shooting of their sister in a gangland murder.
But while there is a debate over who is the better player, it was Venus who first took women's tennis to a new level with her power and 127mph serve, becoming the first black woman player of the modern era to make world no 1, in 2002 – and then reinvented herself as an entrepreneur. She was the inspiration for the younger girl's career (
"I wanted to do everything just like Venus", Serena admitted), decided the pair should branch out from tennis into the fashion world, and battled for women to win equal prize money to the men at Wimbledon.Now, at the age of 30, she has five Wimbledon titles, seven grand slams, 43 WTA titles and three Olympic golds, as well as an interior-design company and a fashion line. Commentators watching the sisters have never found any bitterness between them. Serena insists they are a team: "To be a part of that is super cool. I mean, we're the Williams sisters, you know."[/font]
[/size]