Author Topic: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~  (Read 39036 times)

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
Re: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS THREAD: Quotes, photos, and other stuff... :)~
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2011, 05:42:58 AM »
do you think serena and venus will play doubles at the us open? they are the defending champions...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
do you think serena and venus will play doubles at the us open? they are the defending champions...
why not? They are so good. I hope so  :))

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
here's what serena will be wearing

i like it! see always does well when she wears red.  :gleam:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
What about Venus?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2011, 07:10:34 AM »
I like that red outfit too.  Respectable!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »
would anyone like to see serena play mixed doubles and earn the box set? (winning all 4 grand slams in singles, doubles and mixed)

she's won all 4 grand slams in singles and doubles, and actually already has 2 mixed doubles grand slams (wimbledon and us open in 1998 with max myrni) and that same year she actually made the final of the australian open AND roland garros.

venus and serena have made it clear that they only play doubles if theyre both at 100% but if one of them isnt playing (like venus is right now) id love for serena to capitalize on the oppertunity to complete the box set, something only martina navratilova has ever done. and if she wants to continue to add to her legacy, this would be a perfect way to do it.

like in womens doubles, im sure if she played with almost anyone she would dominate. and since there is going to be mixed doubles for the olympics, playing at the australian open and roland garros would be great practice.  :gleam:

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2011, 07:09:22 AM »

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
would anyone like to see serena play mixed doubles and earn the box set? (winning all 4 grand slams in singles, doubles and mixed)

she's won all 4 grand slams in singles and doubles, and actually already has 2 mixed doubles grand slams (wimbledon and us open in 1998 with max myrni) and that same year she actually made the final of the australian open AND roland garros.

venus and serena have made it clear that they only play doubles if theyre both at 100% but if one of them isnt playing (like venus is right now) id love for serena to capitalize on the oppertunity to complete the box set, something only martina navratilova has ever done. and if she wants to continue to add to her legacy, this would be a perfect way to do it.

like in womens doubles, im sure if she played with almost anyone she would dominate. and since there is going to be mixed doubles for the olympics, playing at the australian open and roland garros would be great practice.  :gleam:

I always love seeing stuff like that accomplished, that would be sweet!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #329 on: September 15, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
so serena tweeted the other day:

“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire. It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York.”

like the article on MSNBC says, b**ch is asking for her legacy to be tarnished. its unfortunate too because her two 'outburts' have come at the worst times - at the final stages of the us open when the entire world is watching.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
Serena is done. Her crassness and cheating are fooling no one.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
so serena tweeted the other day:

“My emotions did get the best of me this past weekend when I disagreed with the umpire. It has been a long road to get back to the US Open this year, and I am thankful to have had such a great two weeks in New York.”

like the article on MSNBC says, b**ch is asking for her legacy to be tarnished. its unfortunate too because her two 'outburts' have come at the worst times - at the final stages of the us open when the entire world is watching.
Very disappointing. :(
She has so many gifts.
Humility is not one of them.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »

[/quote]

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:05:38 AM by SerenaVeeFan »

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »
Serena Williams named UNICEF Ambassador

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Tennis superstar Serena Williams has been appointed UNICEF'S newest international Goodwill Ambassador.

UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake announced Williams' appointment on Tuesday, saying she is also known as a philanthropist and champion of children.

Williams teamed up with UNICEF in 2006 when she traveled to Ghana for the African country's biggest health campaign. Volunteer health workers immunized children against childhood diseases and distributed free mosquito bed nets to prevent malaria.

With UNICEF, Williams will use her popularity to support the U.N. agency's mission to provide a quality education for vulnerable children.

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
so venus says shes ready to come back and play a full schedual next year!!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2011, 02:18:27 AM »
What about Venus?

I think she will stay with the adventguard designer(she went to school to learn how to design clothes) mindset.  Look for something crazy!  Maybe a transparent cat suit or something that sparkles again.  Anything that brings attention to her style in design.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2011, 12:38:42 AM »
Serena's new outfit for Australian Open 2012 ??? :)~ .. :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #337 on: December 28, 2011, 03:30:35 AM »
lol wtf???

cannot wait to see her play brisbane!!

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »

Top-form Serena out of love with tennis

AFP Jan 2, 2:11 am EST

Serena Williams says she has fallen out of love with tennis despite recording an impressive comeback win over Chanelle Scheepers in the first round of the Brisbane International on Monday.

Playing her first match since losing the US Open final to Samantha Stosur in August, Williams showed why she is the most feared player in the draw as she outgunned Scheepers 6-2, 6-3.

Williams, who missed the last four months of 2011, struggled at times with her first serve but still had too much firepower for the South African, sending down seven aces in the 68-minute victory.

The 30-year-old revealed later she was cutting her schedule back in 2012 as she prepares for life after tennis.

"I just want to be able to do other things that I'm doing and expand on that. I think that helps keep my motivation up," she said.

Williams, who has won 13 Grand Slam singles titles, admitted she took the latter part of 2011 off because she was tired and said she did not love the sport any more—if she ever had.

"I don't love tennis today but I'm here," she said.

"I can't live without it—there's a difference between not loving something and not being able to live without it.

"It's not that I've fallen out of love with it. I've actually never liked sports and I never understood how I became an athlete.

"I don't like working out, I don't like anything physical. If it involves sitting down or shopping, I'm excellent at it."

Second seed Andrea Petkovic of Germany overcame a second set collapse to defeat Israeli Shahar Peer 7-6 (7/2), 1-6, 6-3.

Petkovic, the runner-up in 2011, had problems with her serve throughout the first two sets but recovered in the third to outlast Peer in two and a quarter hours.

Former world No.1 Ana Ivanovic breezed into the second round with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Austrian Tamira Paszek.

Ivanovic raced through the first set then recovered from a slight wobble in the second to wrap up the match in 79 minutes.

"I really felt I played well and applied a lot of things that I have worked on," the 24-year-old Serb said.

"Still, there is room for improvement but it is the first match (of the year) and I'm very, very happy to be through."

Ivanovic next plays Belgium's Kim Clijsters in a mouthwatering second round clash.

The two last met in Miami last year, a match Ivanovic lost despite holding five match points in the third set.

Russia's eighth seed Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova progressed when Slovenia's Polona Hercog withdrew with Pavlyuchenkova leading 6-1, 4-1.

In other matches, Kazakhstan's Galina Voskoboeva thrashed Russian qualifier Vera Dushevina 6-0, 6-0, the Czech Republic's Barbora Zahlavova Strycova saw off Australian wildcard Olivia Rogowska 6-2, 4-6, 6-4 and American qualifier Vania King upset Hungary's Melinda Czink 6-3, 6-4.

this is the first time ive ever gotten the feeling that her retirment is imminent.  :(
i was also surprised to read that she says she's going to cut back on the number of tournaments she'll play this year. we already know she on average scheduals to play in about 8-9 tournaments a year, and withdraws from 3-4, so we'll only be seeing her at the majors then.  :(

the only thing thats going to keep her in the game is to win majors. not reach the semis - not even reach the final - WIN them.

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
so apparently serena and andy roddick are going to play mixed at the AO!?!?!?!

CAREER BOX SET HERE SHE COMES!!!!