Author Topic: Internet Search Engines  (Read 804 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Internet Search Engines
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
With all the news about the US government checking on information coming out I looked into it a little.

Google shares the information and can build data files on your actions, probably has been doing it for awhile but now it's out in the open.

I found a good site that encrypts searches and they don't share info with the gov.

https://startpage.com/eng/protect-privacy.html

https://www.startpage.com/

What makes Start Page so special?

https://startpage.com/eng/what-makes-startpage-special.html

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:49:06 PM by swish »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Internet Search Engines
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:18:06 PM »
Scary stuffs.
Big Bro and Big Biz are tracking as much as possible.
So much for personal privacy. :\
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:36:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure same sh!t goes in Canada too. hate it  :\,

before 9/11 I used to travel so much because of business. I didn't even need a passport to enter the States.

Nowadays, it's a major hassle to fly from Calgary to Vancouver. No matter who you are they threat you as a potential criminal. just stupid. Shall we live our lives in fear?

just hate it ... I should be charged for watching tennis matches online and listening  to some music on you tube. gosh, call me old fashioned.

Emma/Herc arrest me now    :innocent:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure same sh!t goes in Canada too. hate it  :\ ,

before 9/11 I used to travel so much because of business. I didn't even need a passport to enter the States.

Nowadays, it's a major hassle to fly from Calgary to Vancouver. No matter who you are they threat you as a potential criminal. just stupid. Shall we live our lives in fear?

just hate it ... I should be charged for watching tennis matches online and listening  to some music on you tube. gosh, call me old fashioned.

Many more are killed because of the US policies.

Letting drug companies only pay a fine when they falsify studies on drugs, ten's of thousands die.
The drug companies pay a fine much less than what they made, trading money for lives.

The list goes on but most are brainwashed by the media to look at only certain things.

The brainwashing is evident, just look at the fool drinking bottled water and paying for it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:47:09 PM by swish »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:51:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure same sh!t goes in Canada too. hate it  :\,

Enter The Police State.
If the current trend continues, it will only get worse.  More and more citizens will trade their individual liberties for the illusion of security.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10:18 AM »

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 10:00:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure same sh!t goes in Canada too. hate it  :\ ,

Enter The Police State.
If the current trend continues, it will only get worse.
More and more citizens will trade their individual liberties for the illusion of security.

It is getting worse sir!!!

Illegal activity continues, they are watching YOU!!!

So be cool on those argumentive posts!!!   :)>>>> 

Newly revealed NSA spy program monitors HTTP activity 

Thought the NSA's PRISM spying program was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet. New documents leaked to the Guardian by Edward Snowden reveal the existence of another program, XKeyscore, which reportedly collects "nearly everything a user does on the internet."

Among other things, XKeyscore allegedly allows NSA analysts to dig up your browsing history, Facebook chats, and e-mails. The program isn't just limited to those items, however. Indeed, it seems that pretty much any HTTP activity can be probed. For example, the Guardian explains, "The XKeyscore program also allows an analyst to learn the IP addresses of every person who visits any website the analyst specifies."

As you'd expect, the amount of data involved is huge. The NSA can't store everything indefinitely, but some content can be retained for as long as five years:

The XKeyscore system is continuously collecting so much internet data that it can be stored only for short periods of time. Content remains on the system for only three to five days, while metadata is stored for 30 days. One document explains: "At some sites, the amount of data we receive per day (20+ terabytes) can only be stored for as little as 24 hours."

To solve this problem, the NSA has created a multi-tiered system that allows analysts to store "interesting" content in other databases, such as one named Pinwale which can store material for up to five years.

As with PRISM, the NSA is in principle legally forbidden from using XKeyscore to target U.S. citizens without a warrant. Only foreigners and Americans who communicate with "foreign targets" are free game. The NSA told the Guardian, "XKeyscore is used as a part of NSA's lawful foreign signals intelligence collection system. . . . Every search by an NSA analyst is fully auditable, to ensure that they are proper and within the law."

However, according to the Guardian, NSA's internal documents reveal that attempts to segregate U.S. and foreign communications are "imperfect." Also, the paper adds, "[A]ll communications between Americans and someone on foreign soil are included in the same databases as foreign-to-foreign communications, making them readily searchable without warrants."

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:02:30 AM by swish »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
We live in a twisted world.
It all looks great on the outside but there's so much filth, corruption and despair it's painful.

There's so wrong in what they do to spy on us, but if they can catch along the way pedophiles, terrorists etc we should be lucky.
Everything is turned into some kinda moronic reality show, which unfortunately gets all the attention by the brainwashed people. 'The Truman Show' !
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
It scares me now that the US are closing their embassies abroad and advising their citizens not to travel, getting ready for another terrorist attack etc. Whatever happens in the States affects Canada too. I feel like a big bro needs to create some drama all the time.

Call me paranoid but I think Americans are ready to start another war. this all is just a preparation. someone is profiting from all of this. that's my conspiracy theory  :whistle:.

We are all fu*cked.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 05:03:02 AM »
It scares me now that the US are closing their embassies abroad and advising their citizens not to travel, getting ready for another terrorist attack etc. Whatever happens in the States affects Canada too. I feel like a big bro needs to create some drama all the time.

Call me paranoid but I think Americans are ready to start another war. this all is just a preparation. someone is profiting from all of this. that's my conspiracy theory  :whistle: .

We are all fu*cked.

The terrorist attacks are propaganda, smoke and mirrors.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »

Call me paranoid but I think Americans are ready to start another war. this all is just a preparation. someone is profiting from all of this. that's my conspiracy theory  :whistle: .

We are all fu*cked.

Distract, deceive, and deflect attention from the real issues at hand.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »

We are all fu*cked.

I believe so MT, it's done with controlling the media for starters.

I can get into how policies cost many people their lives and no one pays.

Drug companies hide data dentrimental to new drugs, people die.
Later it's found out and they pay a fine while having already made much more than what the fine was.
Though thousands have died and have been harmed no one is held accountable (gone to jail).
These people make terrorists look like girl scouts.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »

We are all fu*cked.

I believe so MT, it's done with controlling the media for starters.

I can get into how policies cost many people their lives and no one pays.

Drug companies hide data dentrimental to new drugs, people die.
Later it's found out and they pay a fine while having already made much more than what the fine was.
Though thousands have died and have been harmed no one is held accountable (gone to jail).
These people make terrorists look like girl scouts.
They are.
One of my favorites is the sensationalism re: West Nile Virus.
Some folks around here flip out if they see a mosquito, yet I probably get bit 100+ times a day while fishing.
Wait, maybe that's what's wrong with me...... ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Samon

• Tennis Player
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
Hi fellows!
I found this site http://radaris.com/, which is used for search as well.

Offline William75

• Tennis Player
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:57 AM »
Taking into consideration last news, we will be able find every every information even persona in internet

Offline morganli

• Tennis Player
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 05:02:11 AM »
it sucks..
forget about privacy, it's an illusion, especially today when facebook and google keep your data forever.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »
You can find search engines that are encrypted so that they don't know your actions.

But how to be sure the information isn't taken before encrypting.
Those kind of search engines would attract people who have something to hide, a very nice way to narrow the field down and then track those people.
Makes things easier just by saying that the data is safe. People believe anything so easily.

They got people to buy water, some bottles cost over a dollar for god's sake.
The people are so trained that they think nothing of it.