Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 47008 times)

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2008, 12:50:32 AM »
Rule #77:  If you don't like Roger Federer, why is it that 99% of your post mention his name?  :whistle:

Why do you post on a Murray Thread (when you admit you don't care for him) ?????????

Is it perhaps he's a Tennis Player?????????? And this is a Tennis Forum?????????????

And so one has to post about a Tennis Player???????????? I would bring in some Snooker Players name..........but it's a Tennis Forum

All this Cr@p because of one quote about Roger.............. :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Anyway, I will talk about any tennis player I wish to and I will say what I think about any of them

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

You don't even like Roddick...............YET YOUR THE FIRST TO SAY SOMETHING NASTY ABOUT HIM...............Funny that goes unnoticed...

If I didn't mention your "GOD FEDERER" THEN YOU WOULD HAVE ANOTHER ****ING PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mention him, because he's the NO1 Player........and he's on the scene.............

Like I said if I didn't mention him, you would have a problem.............Yet I mention him and you have a problemmmm

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Yet you welcome all "GOOD THINGS ABOUT ROGER"........................

Thats what I don't get??

Anything Positive about Roger.............and it's "Great Post"........"Welcome to the forum", "Look forward to your posts", .....

Anything negative about Roger................"You HATE him"  :rofl_2: ,  "you will be banned"   :rofl_2:

How can they not love you Alison... you're the f***ing flyest!!!!!!!!!!!

When Roger said "#1 and #2 don't matter" they seemed to miss that as well. But we must forgive the Nazarene Church of Roger.... too busy on Dijana Djokovic's ass!!!! :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
I got one...

Game... set... match = tennis
Set... match... run = arson

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »

When Roger said "#1 and #2 don't matter" they seemed to miss that as well. But we must forgive the Nazarene Church of Roger.... too busy on Dijana Djokovic's ass!!!! :rofl_2:

I've not seen where he said #1 and #2 don't matter. I've only heard the quote that he didn't care who won the final. It's clear the dissapointment of not being in the final was showing. I don't blame him one bit.
I don't think you'll find any comments from me about Djokovic's family, other than concerning their behaviour with the Tsonga fans that had been placed right behind them.
I'm not saying they did any thing wrong (don't have the whole story), but that security had to be called to calm things down over there.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »

I've not seen where he said #1 and #2 don't matter. I've only heard the quote that he didn't care who won the final. It's clear the dissapointment of not being in the final was showing. I don't blame him one bit.
I don't think you'll find any comments from me about Djokovic's family, other than concerning their behaviour with the Tsonga fans that had been placed right behind them.
I'm not saying they did any thing wrong (don't have the whole story), but that security had to be called to calm things down over there.

I don't know, who posted it, or where it came from, but it was just before the Aus Open. Anyway Djokovic's mother says what she says, there's a thread and people go loco. Fed says "I don't care", "#2 and #3", quotes from InsideTennis towaards Hewitt etc., quotes about Nadal many spoke about during claycourt season of 2006 and nobdy says a word.

In this case I got the 101 reasons/excuses protecting your savior. Hhhhhhhhmmmm funny he didn't catch fire like Dijana Djokovic.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »
Surprised the title of this thread hasn't changed yet.

I'm lovin this thread.

You know, my life has been going pretty smoothly, no one has irked me, no one has really annoyed the crap out of me so much that I have trouble deciding wether its worth to just let the matter go or fight back. It's so tempting to join in on this discussion, so very tempting, yet I bet the smarter thing to do would be to stay out of it.
 I have never faced this much indecision wether to involve myself in this "food fight" or to be the wiser man and stay out of it and miss all the fun :rofl_2:

Simply amazing. I didn't know if I would ever say this but thanks Alison and Thalivest for bringing this kinda entertainment into my life. And, this is the sad part, I am dead serious!

:))

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
Mirka

"Don't tell him (Roger) how good he is, he's already big headed enough"

Mirka's reaction on hearing an interviewer saying (sucking up ) to Roger, about how good a tennis player he is

I like this quote from Mirka, as even she can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl_2:
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
I hope 2 Federer related quotes done end this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!   :whistle:

AFter all Quotes are ****ing brilliant (although) only a selective quotes (the ones against a certain Swiss person (male btw  :rofl_2: )

can bring this thread to an end??????????

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's take a Swiss man away from the thread........................(we must not bring Fed or Mirka quoutes aboard) = ALL HELL BREAKS

I MUST REMEMBER NOT TO MENTION ROGER OR MIRKA WHICH = THREAD ALERT, MOD ALERT........................................................

:)>>>>  :)>>>>  :)>>>>  :)>>>>  :)>>>>  :)>>>>

I'm feeling pretty calm after the storm and I bring you one of my faves (spelling ALERT)- Shame on you Alison2006  :rofl_2:

SPELLING ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

BRING ON THE SAD SPELLING SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1= = BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down everyone it's a simple Winston quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I ****ing love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Winston reply to an insult

Here we go baby

"There are 2 things I don't like about you, MR Churchill - your politics and your )prepare one's self  ..-) and your moustache.   :rofl_2:

Winston's reply

"My dear madam, pray do not disturb yourself.  You are not likely to come in contact with either" -   :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

I F'CKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another WC quote that sums up a certain few around here: (decide for yourselfs)

"A fanatic (TENNISVERITAS springs to mind here - shame he doesn't come here to post) oh well I know he checks my posts  :rofl_2:
and follows one around, lets hope he pops by here  :rofl_2:  some how I doubt it - shame really

But the other "fanatics" are around and post on here................... :rofl_2:

Here's another quote I love:

Everyone has his/her day and some days last longer than others

I wonder who that could relate to ?????????????????????

" = missing???????????????? at the first????????????? and at the end???????????????????????????

:cool:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
"There are 2 things I don't like about you, MR Churchill - your politics and your )prepare one's self   and your moustache.   

Winston's reply

"My dear madam, pray do not disturb yourself.  You are not likely to come in contact with either" -     

I F'CKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »
From an episode of Two and a Half Men:

woman: Why don't you just leave; it's what you do best.

Charlie: No, it's what I do AFTER I do what I do best.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2008, 05:38:40 PM »
From an episode of Two and a Half Men:

woman: Why don't you just leave; it's what you do best.

Charlie: No, it's what I do AFTER I do what I do best.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:   I friggin love that show! 

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »
"BE QUIET" - ROGER TO HIS OPPONENTS FAMILY (THE HATED FAMILY..........ONLY TO ROGER FANS THAT IS  :gleam: )

PRESSURE

:)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »
No Alison, not only to Fed fans; to non-Fed fans as well. They are ridiculous and they needed to be taken down a notch. I just wish Gasquet would have beaten Querrey and would have done it in his hypothetical quarterfinal. No more calling him Gasgay after that. :zipped:

To add to the thread, I heard these lines in a song from a comedy album by Demetri Martin. The song is called Sames and Opposites:

A squirrel is the same as a can when I've got a BB gun in my hand.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:57:37 AM by blackgirltennis »

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2008, 07:43:14 AM »
'You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?'

Chris Rock, what a legend.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2008, 10:27:29 AM »
'You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?'

What a quote that one is. Very true and I love that one :applause:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

I remember that quote from a few years ago. It's great. :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

I remember that quote from a few years ago. It's great. :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:  And so true!  Add Bush, Dick, Colon, and Rice!

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
No Alison, not only to Fed fans; to non-Fed fans as well. They are ridiculous and they needed to be taken down a notch. I just wish Gasquet would have beaten Querrey and would have done it in his hypothetical quarterfinal. No more calling him Gasgay after that. :zipped:

To add to the thread, I heard these lines in a song from a comedy album by Demetri Martin. The song is called Sames and Opposites:

Sorry but I disagree about Novaks parents being (your own words BGT) "ridiculous" and they needed to be taken down a notch

1) A strange thing among not only Fed Fanatics (you are right) but among general tennis fans........for some reason they "choose" to have a problem against his parents...........

2) WHY?? = I have read (mostly) from Fed Fanatics (sorry but true)... they are upset that his Parents and family WEAR T-SHIRTS with his name......on...............= Now why would anyone have a problem with that??....

3) His Mother said "the king is dead"..........= IMHO this is a Mother who is 101% behind her SON and BLOODY Proud of her, and her SON had beaten the "so called GREATEST EVER PLAYER"............Should she have said this?  Who knows ( I have said before on this forum that she SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS IE A BIG HUGE MISTAKE).........Which was proven wrong (her comments)

4) If let's say NOVAK had told "BE QUIET" to Rogers camp....or any other player.........ALL Roger Fans would have been disgusted with that....

and saying what a "disgrace and classless act Novak is "  = THATS A FACT SADLY

I have never been critical of Rogers parents (not that they have given me reason to be), but Roger Fans have been critical of Novaks Parents being Present at certain matches (not all matches I may add), yet when Roger's parents are present at his matches it is a different matter

(just a silly observation but true)  :)

I think we will have to differ on the matter, but my views and points matter (to me  ;-() )    :gleam:

4)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2008, 10:56:24 PM »

Demetri :hysterical:  love that guy!

I like parties, but I don't like pinatas because the pinata promotes violence against flamboyant animals. Hey, there's a donkey with some pizzazz. Let's kick its ass. What I'm trying to say is, don't make the same Halloween costume mistake that I did.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline CrackBillionaire

• Tennis Player
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »

"if I catch you on this side again without a ball in your hand, Imma light yo as up" Avon to Prop Joe
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:15:15 PM by CrackBillionaire »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
This was from Jon's website over at SI.com:

What are your top five tennis interview cliches that make you cringe the most?
-- Bob Diepold, Charlotte, N.C.

1) I took it one point at a time. (As opposed to...)

2) Honestly, I haven't looked at the draw. (Right. And I haven't checked my e-mail lately.)

3) It just came down to a few points. (As if that's an excuse.)

4) I've been working hard off the court. (Who isn't?)

5) I'll probably just celebrate quietly with my team. (Hello, lampshade.)