Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 46001 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:06 AM »
Here's a slogan from my high school tennis team. "GRIP IT AND RIP IT"  :)>>>>

Other than that:

"I'll let my racquet do the talking."  :cool:
Sounds like a Sampras quote. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline cloudx4209

• Tennis Player
  • 3.0 Tennis Player
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
It's actually a John McEnroe quote  :innocent:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #422 on: March 30, 2011, 05:56:20 AM »
Found it!
Perhaps they've both said it. :))

I let my racket do the talking. That's what I am all about, really. I just go out and win tennis matches.
Pete Sampras

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pete_sampras.html#ixzz1I4yM9p7u

CONK da ball!!!

Offline cloudx4209

• Tennis Player
  • 3.0 Tennis Player
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2011, 02:03:03 AM »
Yeah but it's funnier when Johnny says it because it's not true! He talks more than anyone on tour!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2011, 04:39:40 AM »
When he willed it, his game was supreme. He wrecked his reputation with his on-court diatribes.. Nevertheless, he was an entertainer!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:47 AM »
In the United States we dont have state media but you have to ask, in this country, if we had state media how would it be any different?- Amy Goodman.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #426 on: March 31, 2011, 06:16:06 AM »
When he willed it, his game was supreme. He wrecked his reputation with his on-court diatribes.. Nevertheless, he was an entertainer!!
...and still is!

I saw him at a Legends event a few years ago and he was still playing some decent tennis and talkin' shat.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »
Found it!
Perhaps they've both said it. :))

I let my racket do the talking. That's what I am all about, really. I just go out and win tennis matches.
Pete Sampras

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pete_sampras.html#ixzz1I4yM9p7u

Perhaps John said it first who knows, although it doesn't go with his character at all, but Sampras definitely made it very famous and it suited him like nothing else.
You are everything I am not.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
Not all what we need, we can Find it

Man, that's so cryptic I'm not even going to think about it. Who said that, Spock?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:54:24 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #430 on: May 04, 2011, 10:11:50 PM »
COMMAND respect; don't DEMAND respect.

- Me :))

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »

Man, that's so cryptic I'm not even going to think about it. Who said that, Spock?

That would be quite illogical, Mr. Babbs. Surely if we can't find what we need, we are not looking in the right places.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »

That would be quite illogical, Mr. Babbs. Surely if we can't find what we need, we are not looking in the right places.

ah, now that sounds like something that someone actually would have said  :)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline albertcron

• Tennis Player
« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2011, 04:20:13 AM »
My favourite Quotes is Live and Let Live.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
indian sarees online

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
"If we publicly declare that Cuba is a threat to our security, forty million Mexicans will die laughing." - Former Mexican diplomat, in response to ex-US President J.F.Kennedy's attempt to gather support for collective action against Cuba, in 1961.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #435 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." - Albert Einstein

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only."

"If there is one place on the face of the earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India..." - Romain Rolland, French dramatist, novelist, historian and Noble Prize winner for Literature in 1915

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulocM00FzEw[/youtube]

happy independence day to all the indians on the site...

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2011, 06:17:36 AM »
I remember one elderly woman who could be my mother, or your mother. She responded sadly when we told her she had to take medication after meals. Dont presume that I always have something to eat, she told us. - Nikitas Kanakis, President, Doctors of the World.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
"Nationalism is the root of all evil."

"And Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

I don't think many people get the above quotes at all.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »

"And Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

It's a bad thing for sure.
So is supporting someone or thing because of race, religion.... this is primitive and sometimes the result of brainwashing.

It can be taken down to supporting a school sporting event because you went to that school.
Or because a candidate for office came from your hometown.

Humans don't want to be alone, they want to share something.
But we are alone regardless of what we want.  :yawn:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2011, 07:05:27 AM »

The GBS quote may ring true for many, but shouldn't be any more blindly believed than nationalism.

There are some folks (call them Patriots if you will) who believe in the principles upon which a country is based rather than owing allegiance because of their birth in a specific geographic location.

You could take that one step further and say that's why GBS attempted to denigrate the term patriot. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!