Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 49284 times)

Offline undertaker

• Tennis Player
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #440 on: August 21, 2011, 10:30:49 AM »
"Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them".

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #441 on: August 21, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
"Nationalism is the root of all evil."

"And Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

I don't think many people get the above quotes at all.

bulls**t........religious preachings and racism are the real evils, not nationalism........we are not living in an ideal world........without nationalism, you wouldn't be able to step out of your house and buy an icecream........nationalism is the root cause of national protection from evil forces........if all the soldiers across the borders were not nationalistic, imagine the state of the country........

there should also not be any effing problem if one boasts about his/her nation........it does not necessarily involve any criticism over other nations........stating facts and praising the motherland on a great day for the nation, what way are you bothered here?

i would appreciate if somebody introduces me to something which their nation(or individuals of their nation) proudly achieved something for the sake of humanity and superior social living........     
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:16:11 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #442 on: August 21, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
'Live free or die.'
General John Stark  N.H.

A brief explanation from Mark Steyn

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=04
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2011, 06:33:34 PM »
Favorite quote of 2011:

‎''I will remember this day for the rest of my life,'' Elena Vesnina said. ''There is nothing you can say. It's just like you won the match after the earthquake and it just feels great.''
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:24 PM »
Favorite quote of 2011:

‎''I will remember this day for the rest of my life,'' Elena Vesnina said. ''There is nothing you can say. It's just like you won the match after the earthquake and it just feels great.''
How/why on earth did that make the top of your list? :confused1:  :stumped:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
Favorite quote of 2011:

Have a better quote from 2011?

Anyone want to second this 2011 nominee? This is a great quote!

Chris likes:
 Lol Absolutely love what Elena said Bab, that was such a great quote after being delayed for 2 hours due to the quake and then coming through and pulling off a huge win over Jankovic. Great from Elena V :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:42:29 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »
Favorite quote of 2011:

Have a better quote from 2011?

Anyone want to second this 2011 nominee? This is a great quote!

Chris likes:
 Lol Absolutely love what Elena said Bab, that was such a great quote after being delayed for 2 hours due to the quake and then coming through and pulling off a huge win over Jankovic. Great from Elena V :)
If I remember right, this is certainly more apt considering your current domicile and political affiliation....

"There's not much left to say." -- Rod Blagojevich, former Illinois governor, following conviction on 17 counts of corruption, including trying to sell Senate seat formerly held by President Obama.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »
We'll see how Blago fares v. Vesnina but I don't think it will be close

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
We'll see how Blago fares v. Vesnina but I don't think it will be close
I've never been one for popularity contests.  Pertinence is more my cup of tea....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war* and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms*, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny.  If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

Sam Adams
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #450 on: September 15, 2011, 01:42:37 AM »
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war* and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms*, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny.  If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

Sam Adams

That's quite a strong statement. I admire the strength of conviction in these words of Mr. Adams! :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2011, 06:40:45 AM »
Strong words from intelligent leaders.
Where is this type of leader now?
Certainly not amongst the current crop of Repubs & Dems in D.C. :(

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
Is security so dear, or wealth so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry

Accept personal responsibility.
Live with integrity.
Cast off the chains of collectivism.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2011, 07:18:50 AM »
Here’s a quotation from an American president. Who do you think it was?

The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »

The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America.

No idea, mate!! I'll say this much though.. This person would definitely not support all the fraud being committed in the name of TARP!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
Heard a sermon today and I loved this quote the pastor threw down:

"Carve your name in hearts, not marble".
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #455 on: September 17, 2011, 02:47:50 AM »

But what's monster to do if his heart is made of cold marble?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:51 AM »

But what's monster to do if his heart is made of cold marble?
Obviously I'll be doing the carving. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2011, 06:18:33 AM »

No idea, mate!! I'll say this much though.. This person would definitely not support all the fraud being committed in the name of TARP!!
Why it was good ole FDR himself!!!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
So many directions I don't Know which way to go
I'm so busy doing nothing, I got nothing to show

You are everything I am not.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2011, 03:50:33 AM »
"We have 700,000 graduates every year. If we don’t find jobs for them, we will have another revolt. When you have a growing youth population in an emerging economy coupled with unemployment and inflation, you have a ticking time bomb." - Karim Helal, board member of CI Capital in Cairo, on youth unemployment in Egypt.