Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 46315 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »
Q. Was it more difficult playing him in the semifinal than in the final?

ROGER FEDERER: First round or finals, it doesn't really matter, to be honest. I have no preference or whatever. But he's come through the draw convincingly. He's been playing very solid. He had a tough draw, you know, if I compare it to maybe Rafa's. So he absolutely deserves to be in the final.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
Anyway from the spin  :whistle:  :whistle:

I ****ing love this:

Big difference BTW this guy has a personality  :)~  and a way with words................. :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

"This old dumb pork chop eater don't have a chance.  From eating pork he's got trillions of maggots and worms settling in his joints.
He may even eat the slime of the sea"   :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Muhammad Ali on Floyd Patterson

Love it...

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2008, 05:23:09 PM »

ROGER FEDERER: First round or finals, it doesn't really matter, to be honest. I have no preference or whatever. But he's come through the draw convincingly. He's been playing very solid. He had a tough draw, you know, if I compare it to maybe Rafa's. So he absolutely deserves to be in the final.

:whistle:  :whistle: all you like I heard it on Eurosport from the horses mouth ie: Roger was asked if he would like Nole to win?? His response was "I don't really care"..................because all he cares about is himself!!!!!!!!!!!

:))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »

:whistle:  :whistle: all you like I heard it on Eurosport from the horses mouth ie: Roger was asked if he would like Nole to win?? His response was "I don't really care"..................because all he cares about is himself!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess all I care about is me too because I didn't care who won this title either!  If Tsonga won - great; If Djokovic won - great; It didn't matter to me.  Maybe - just maybe - it didn't really matter to Roger either? :rofl_2:

Just like someone ask who I was pulling for in the Super Bowl.  Heck, my Cowboys are not playing so I don't care who wins!  What's wrong with that? :rofl_2:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »

I guess all I care about is me too because I didn't care who won this title either!  If Tsonga won - great; If Djokovic won - great; It didn't matter to me.  Maybe - just maybe - it didn't really matter to Roger either? :rofl_2:

Just like someone ask who I was pulling for in the Super Bowl.  Heck, my Cowboys are not playing so I don't care who wins!  What's wrong with that? :rofl_2:

I expect nothing less Dallas .......than spin and more spin  ;-() ;-()

My point is (since no ****er from the Federer Squad) has bothered to say is why could he not have had a little more class about him and just say : I wish him well and I hope he goes on to win".................????????????????????????????????

I forgot it's all about me "Roger the Monster" Federer...................................... :))

I forgot again he respects Tennis History................AG ...........?????????????????????????????????

Did you forget that?????????????????????????????/

Here's Roger's song:

"It's all about me" ................no link required.......................

:whistle:

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »
i dont agree with you alison here. first off, he was pretty mad as he was going for the golden slam and his hopes were crushed in the very first slam. rodger at least had enough class to answer some of the ridiculous questions they were asking without being sarcastic (a la roddick a last year at the AO). his comment there, although pretty harsh (i dont think u took it out of context- when i watched it i thought that it was harsh then too) is honest.  and i'm sick of everyone calling ppl like him and novak arrogant. i doubt there is a single player in the top 50 or even 100 that isn't confident in their abilities. I myself play and i know that without confidence nothing is going to work. i know that i would be a bit cocky and i'm sure most of the ppl on this board would as well if they had been at the top of the tennis world and dominated as well as fed has.

anyhow one of my favorite quotes:
From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.
-arthur ashe
its a bit trite  but it really was what he was all about so i still like it

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 06:13:15 PM »
i dont agree with you alison here. first off, he was pretty mad as he was going for the golden slam and his hopes were crushed in the very first slam. rodger at least had enough class to answer some of the ridiculous questions they were asking without being sarcastic (a la roddick a last year at the AO). his comment there, although pretty harsh (i dont think u took it out of context- when i watched it i thought that it was harsh then too) is honest.  and i'm sick of everyone calling ppl like him and novak arrogant. i doubt there is a single player in the top 50 or even 100 that isn't confident in their abilities. I myself play and i know that without confidence nothing is going to work. i know that i would be a bit cocky and i'm sure most of the ppl on this board would as well if they had been at the top of the tennis world and dominated as well as fed has.

-arthur ashe

mdshahid20 - it doesn't matter what Roger say or doesn't say... Alison doesn't like him so she always finds the negative in just about anything he does.  Heck, Roger can say "I'll give $50,000 to the nuns in South African to feed the kids".... She will say "why only $50,000 - he's cheap!"  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  You get the point?

I just replied to her because I know how she thinks... but deep down, Alison is ok... She tries to come aross harder than she really is...but she's just a softy! *as I duck the things she's throwing at me* :rofl_2: :hysterical:

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
lol i just reread my post and i myself came of harsher than i had originally meant. anyhow if anyone is lost and didn't watch that interview here it is

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

-arthur ashe

mdshahid20 - it doesn't matter what Roger say or doesn't say... Alison doesn't like him so she always finds the negative in just about anything he does.  Heck, Roger can say "I'll give $50,000 to the nuns in South African to feed the kids".... She will say "why only $50,000 - he's cheap!"  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  You get the point?

I just replied to her because I know how she thinks... but deep down, Alison is ok... She tries to come aross harder than she really is...but she's just a softy! *as I duck the things she's throwing at me* :rofl_2: :hysterical:
thats one of the funniest things i've heard this weekend

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

-arthur ashe

You must live a very boring life  :)

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »

-arthur ashe

You must live a very boring life  :)
i do :(

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

-arthur ashe

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

He isn't a class guy one bit - if he was he would have wished Nole luck

Sadly there is a difference between "arrogance" - Federer

and "confidence2 - Nadal .................

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

"THE BETTER PLAYER WON ROGER" -

I forgot the VIRUS........................silly me................... :rofl_2:

Good night all

..-)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »
When I  saw Fed's interview I was thinking of you and others and knew you would rip him for it!   ..-)     As usual, pulled out of context from you to prove something that isn't there!   ..-)

So he didn't say it??

I would think you of all people would appreciate his honesty there.  They asked Fed what he thought Djoko was gonna do in the final right after he got beat by him and he answered honestly.  What is wrong with that?  Is  he somehow required to be perfect and always answer all questions satisfactorily for people like you.  As though even if he was perfect I am sure you would fabricate something to rip him for!?   ..-)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »

-arthur ashe

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

You are the one with the virus!  Cheer up Alison, it will be okay!  Hail, you should just be ecstatic that Fed lost..............but no, you just gotta push it further!?   ..-)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »

***appreciate this because it's never gonna happen again***

Federer is not alone. At the 2006 FO, after Robredo lost in the quarterfinals, they asked him if he'd be watching the semis and the finals, and he said no, he didn't care.

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »
When I  saw Fed's interview I was thinking of you and others and knew you would rip him for it!   ..-)     As usual, pulled out of context from you to prove something that isn't there!   ..-)

So he didn't say it??

I would think you of all people would appreciate his honesty there.  They asked Fed what he thought Djoko was gonna do in the final right after he got beat by him and he answered honestly.  What is wrong with that?  Is  he somehow required to be perfect and always answer all questions satisfactorily for people like you.  As though even if he was perfect I am sure you would fabricate something to rip him for!?   ..-)

Come on Part Time Mutha he said what he said. You and I both know if someone said that to Fed, all y'all Federphiles would be all over it like flies on sh!t!!!!!!!!!!! But since y'all jock him so hard he gets a pass.

Like Alison asked did he say it??? Either he did or didn't. I'm anxious to hear your response to Alison's question.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

Apparently all you care about is your hatred of Federer. That's all that matters.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »

So he didn't say it??

Come on Part Time Mutha he said what he said. You and I both know if someone said that to Fed, all y'all Federphiles would be all over it like flies on sh!t!!!!!!!!!!! But since y'all jock him so hard he gets a pass.

Like Alison asked did he say it??? Either he did or didn't. I'm anxious to hear your response to Alison's question.

Look above, I answered the question!  And, quit Scooter Skimming!   It has really gotten contagious!   ..-)

Offline Jamesdster

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »

So he didn't say it??

First off let me say I'm not taking sides here because I am neutral about Federer.  I don't like or dislike him as a player or a person, but imagine just for a moment what the reaction would've been if Roddick would've said the same thing.  He would've been roasted alive and you know it.  But since Fed said it...oh that's just Fed after he just lost a tough match.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:09:44 AM by Jamesdster »
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammible and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.  - Mitch Hedberg

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 09:53:34 AM »

So he didn't say it??

First off let me say I'm not taking sides here because I am neutral about Federer.  I don't like or dislike him as a player or a person, but imagine just for a moment what the reaction would've been if Roddick would've said the same thing.  He would've been roasted alive and you know it.  But since Fed said it...oh that's just Fed after he just lost a tough match.

I wouldn't be too up in arms about Roddick saying something like that either. I think a player has the right to be dissapointed about a loss. Especially when they come so few and far between. Some are used to loosing, some are not.
Of all the players on tour right now, I'd say Federer is the least used to loosing of all of them.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)