Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 52776 times)

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 10:52:23 AM »
When I  saw Fed's interview I was thinking of you and others and knew you would rip him for it!   ..-)     As usual, pulled out of context from you to prove something that isn't there!   ..-)

So he didn't say it??

I would think you of all people would appreciate his honesty there.  They asked Fed what he thought Djoko was gonna do in the final right after he got beat by him and he answered honestly.  What is wrong with that?  Is  he somehow required to be perfect and always answer all questions satisfactorily for people like you.  As though even if he was perfect I am sure you would fabricate something to rip him for!?   ..-)

First off let me say I'm not taking sides here because I am neutral about Federer.  I don't like or dislike him as a player or a person, but imagine just for a moment what the reaction would've been if Roddick would've said the same thing.  He would've been roasted alive and you know it.  But since Fed said it...oh that's just Fed after he just lost a tough match.

I wouldn't be too up in arms about Roddick saying something like that either. I think a player has the right to be dissapointed about a loss. Especially when they come so few and far between. Some are used to loosing, some are not.
Of all the players on tour right now, I'd say Federer is the least used to loosing of all of them.
Obviously  :rofl_2: specially in a slam.
Federer is classy, but everyone got his dark side, even...yes...! Federer has an arrogance in his character. It has showed with roddick, and on numerious occasions.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
When I  saw Fed's interview I was thinking of you and others and knew you would rip him for it!   ..-)     As usual, pulled out of context from you to prove something that isn't there!   ..-)

So he didn't say it??

I would think you of all people would appreciate his honesty there.  They asked Fed what he thought Djoko was gonna do in the final right after he got beat by him and he answered honestly.  What is wrong with that?  Is  he somehow required to be perfect and always answer all questions satisfactorily for people like you.  As though even if he was perfect I am sure you would fabricate something to rip him for!?   ..-)

First off let me say I'm not taking sides here because I am neutral about Federer.  I don't like or dislike him as a player or a person, but imagine just for a moment what the reaction would've been if Roddick would've said the same thing.  He would've been roasted alive and you know it.  But since Fed said it...oh that's just Fed after he just lost a tough match.

I guess I am missing your point...........what does Roddick have to do with this at all?   Roddick says whatever he pleases and most people appreciate him for entertainment.  Roddick saying that would almost seem normal or comedic!?   

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

So he didn't say it??

Come on Part Time Mutha he said what he said. You and I both know if someone said that to Fed, all y'all Federphiles would be all over it like flies on sh!t!!!!!!!!!!! But since y'all jock him so hard he gets a pass.

Like Alison asked did he say it??? Either he did or didn't. I'm anxious to hear your response to Alison's question.

Look above, I answered the question!  And, quit Scooter Skimming!   It has really gotten contagious!   ..-)

You apprectiate honesty......  as long as it doesn't break one of the 10 crack commandments of the NCR. :rofl_2:
We can peak our mind...... as long as it doesn't break one of the 10 crack commandments of the NCR. :rofl_2:

No we don't require perfection of anyone, but I do expect morals, ethics, and people to walk a straight line. Then again the only straight line that matters is the one that leads to the NCR. :rofl_2:

The reason I say this, is cuz you and I both know(though only one of ill admit it) is that is someone else saoid the same thing, and God forbid they said these same things to/about Federer y'all would have your thong in a bunch.

What about when he said #2 and #3 don't matter???? Guess he wasn't bening perfect then.

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

He isn't a class guy one bit - if he was he would have wished Nole luck

Sadly there is a difference between "arrogance" - Federer

and "confidence2 - Nadal .................

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

"THE BETTER PLAYER WON ROGER" -

I forgot the VIRUS........................silly me................... :rofl_2:

Good night all

..-)

Apparently all you care about is your hatred of Federer. That's all that matters.

No Stan she spoke the truth. Fed also said #2 and #3 don't matter. Among a myriad of other quotes from him I've read and seen. So am I Fed hating as well???

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »

So he didn't say it??

Come on Part Time Mutha he said what he said. You and I both know if someone said that to Fed, all y'all Federphiles would be all over it like flies on sh!t!!!!!!!!!!! But since y'all jock him so hard he gets a pass.

Like Alison asked did he say it??? Either he did or didn't. I'm anxious to hear your response to Alison's question.

Look above, I answered the question!  And, quit Scooter Skimming!   It has really gotten contagious!   ..-)

You apprectiate honesty......  as long as it doesn't break one of the 10 crack commandments of the NCR. :rofl_2:
We can peak our mind...... as long as it doesn't break one of the 10 crack commandments of the NCR. :rofl_2:

No we don't require perfection of anyone, but I do expect morals, ethics, and people to walk a straight line. Then again the only straight line that matters is the one that leads to the NCR. :rofl_2:

The reason I say this, is cuz you and I both know(though only one of ill admit it) is that is someone else saoid the same thing, and God forbid they said these same things to/about Federer y'all would have your thong in a bunch.

What about when he said #2 and #3 don't matter???? Guess he wasn't bening perfect then.

Your one to talk about morals, ethics, and walking a straight line!?   ..-)     Real nice!   :whistle:

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »

So he didn't say it??

Your one to talk about morals, ethics, and walking a straight line!?   ..-)     Real nice!   :whistle:

You know what?? I may be an ass. I may be ignoant. I may be the most disliked. But I have honour. I have ethics, and I have morals B.

Remember I'm not the one who watched something happend to person A, the same thing happen to person B, and also person C, but only said something(and/or took offence) when it was done to person A. No that wasn't me.

I'm the one who spoke on the injustice done to person B and person C, spoke out on the hypocrisy, and my reward...... I got chastised for it!!!! :rofl_2: But I'm in no position to talk and you are PTM.
That's why your song was "Part Time Mutha".

And Alison, keep saying what you feel, and speak your mind...

"Bite your tongue for no one, closed mouths don't get fed!!!!!"

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »

So he didn't say it??

You know what?? I may be an ass. I may be ignoant. I may be the most disliked. But I have honour. I have ethics, and I have morals B.

Remember I'm not the one who watched something happend to person A, the same thing happen to person B, and also person C, but only said something(and/or took offence) when it was done to person A. No that wasn't me.

I'm the one who spoke on the injustice done to person B and person C, spoke out on the hypocrisy, and my reward...... I got chastised for it!!!! :rofl_2: But I'm in no position to talk and you are PTM.
That's why your song was "Part Time Mutha".

And Alison, keep saying what you feel, and speak your mind...

Bringing Roger's abbreviated name into it thalivest! you must have the guys name on the forefront of your mind  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
Let's hope this gets through all the bulls**t that is on here

3rd time posting this!! (3rd attempt)

Pathetic

Federer the class man on if Novak wins the AO;

"I don't really care"

Sums him up pretty well that!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all "It's all about ME"...........

Why didn't he just say: "I hope he goes on and wins it"..............

I think I summed that up in....."It's all about me"................... :rofl_2:

Class act or a very sore loser??????????

Just out of interest, Alison, why do you think he should care?

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »

Bringing Roger's abbreviated name into it thalivest! you must have the guys name on the forefront of your mind  :))

Nice. You know me to say whatever I want. The point part time mutha keeps missing is I could careless what what Roger said. I was one when people said he was arrogant didn't really believe it, but now I do.

I mean if someone else said that(or some of the things he's said that bother people), and God forbid they said it to/about Fed, do you think all the Federphiles would take to it as kindly, and accept the excuses they are making now???

Alison made a good point. All the can say is "It's her hatred for Fed"(Stan) or ther jibberish and evade the issue at hand.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:45:12 PM by thalivest »

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2008, 05:09:28 PM »

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

Apparently all you care about is your hatred of Federer. That's all that matters.

How did know that this was going to be brought up????  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Typical response.............. ..-)

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
Anyway back on to the Thread

"Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped"

Another:

"Never take life seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nobody gets out alive anyway"

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

You brought it up.
You even went against your own thread title "quotes you like" to add that in here to take a shot at Federer.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2008, 07:02:15 PM »
My whole thing about this entire line of thinking is... Yes he said it - but so what?  I've see several players respond to say they don't care who win the match when they've gotten beat.  Big deal!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »
My whole thing about this entire line of thinking is... Yes he said it - but so what?  I've see several players respond to say they don't care who win the match when they've gotten beat.  Big deal!

And that's pretty much how we would all expect you to take it....  ;-() :innocent:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2008, 07:10:53 PM »

And that's pretty much how we would all expect you to take it....  ;-() :innocent:

I posted this earlier so hopefilly it won't get lost.

Federer is not alone. At the 2006 FO, after Robredo lost in the quarterfinals, they asked him if he'd be watching the semis and the finals, and he said no, he didn't care.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »

I posted this earlier so hopefilly it won't get lost.

Federer is not alone. At the 2006 FO, after Robredo lost in the quarterfinals, they asked him if he'd be watching the semis and the finals, and he said no, he didn't care.

I saw it before BGT!  It is just an inciting question to ask a player that just lost a tough match.  The interviewer wants that response from the player. 

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2008, 07:36:46 PM »

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

You brought it up.
You even went against your own thread title "quotes you like" to add that in here to take a shot at Federer.

Oddly, Alison was much more tolerable before "teaming up" with Thalivest!  Now the two of them bring out the worst of each other!   ..-)   I won't cry a tear when they get banned together!   :whistle:

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:29 AM »

I'll holla at you as Part Time Mutha is being ..... well........ a Part Time Mutha!!! :rofl_2:

I don't care what he said. But my poit was(and still reamains) if someone else said it, and God forbid said it to/about senor Federer would y'all Federphiles react the way you are now.

70% would not and the other 30% are just liars!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:47:19 AM by thalivest »

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2008, 01:42:52 AM »

Oddly, Alison was much more tolerable before "teaming up" with Thalivest!  Now the two of them bring out the worst of each other!   ..-)   I won't cry a tear when they get banned together!   :whistle:

Listen PTM, I'm man enough to stand by Alison anytime she makes a point, regardless of what you or anyone says. I'm not gonna get on her cuz it's the popular thing or easy thing to do. Like I said I have morals and my heart doesn't pump kool aid like yours.

Cuz I was told... "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

I mean you don't walk a straight line, add to it, put it on me, then read 15 facts about me, and give me your sympathy(but now your talking reckless) like I'm Eva Perrone......
Ayo.... Don't cry for me Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!

Now one thread("Movement"), I become supreme, ask Diana, y'all want want me to be your baby love

And what do you do Mr. Moral Compass????

You let 'em try and do me like Michael in his prime
Well Billie Jean........ the God damn boy ain't mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how's that for a quote???
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:22:43 PM by thalivest »

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:45 AM »
Anyway back on to the Thread

"Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped"

Another:

"Never take life seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nobody gets out alive anyway"

Haha those are bit funny and a bit true  ..-)
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009