Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 49043 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »
HOF Billie Jean King "Champions take chances, pressure is a privilege."
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

He isn't a class guy one bit - if he was he would have wished Nole luck

Sadly there is a difference between "arrogance" - Federer

and "confidence2 - Nadal .................

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

"THE BETTER PLAYER WON ROGER" -

I forgot the VIRUS........................silly me................... :rofl_2:

Good night all

..-)

Apparently all you care about is your hatred of Federer. That's all that matters.

How did know that this was going to be brought up????  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Typical response.............. ..-)

You brought it up.
You even went against your own thread title "quotes you like" to add that in here to take a shot at Federer.

I must have missed this post :

1st I meant you bringing up the "hatred word" - in response to "you brought it up) - a typical response I expected

2nd I actually like this quote by Roger - after all it shows him as a "classless man"

BTW: since everybody is up in arms about my "classless" remark, check out some one who claims Novaks Parents are classless (on the Tennis Thread)............ :whistle:

I speak my mind, speak it as I see it, if that upsets Roger's fans - so what, I read far worse about Nadal and Murray on Tennis Forums, if I don't like what I see, I just ignore it................Why can't Roger Fans??

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »

I couldn't give a ****ing hoot that he was going for the golden slam - Not a ****ing hoot!!!!!!!!!!!1

Of course every player needs confidence (so does every other person on the ****ing planet)........doesn;t mean he 2Roger"  the class act
 :rofl_2: can't show a bit of "class" when he needs to ie: when he's beaten easily and fair and square............ie: THE BETTER PLAYER WON!

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

Apparently all you care about is your hatred of Federer. That's all that matters.

You brought it up.
You even went against your own thread title "quotes you like" to add that in here to take a shot at Federer.

Oddly, Alison was much more tolerable before "teaming up" with Thalivest!  Now the two of them bring out the worst of each other!   ..-)   I won't cry a tear when they get banned together!   :whistle:

"When they get banned together"!  :whistle:

Have you got it all planned then?? Let's ban them together??

Why?? - For freedom of speech??

For saying Roger is "classless" - Yet Novaks parents are classed as "Classless"..........and that is ignored???????????

For one sticking up for another - that goes on a lot around here.............

Everyone has different views on players and their ways, game, some think some are better than others - Yep thats called a person's point of view..........

I don't understand it then, so I am not allowed to say anything about Roger (in case it upsets Roger Fans??????), yet everybody else can take cheap shots at other players - players that are not as important as Roger.........and thats ok??

Right I get it now

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 06:04:22 PM »
Back on track with Quotes before I am banned

"What were my parents doing when they made me?  Probably they were watching a horror movie"   :))

Goran Ivanisevic

A well known one, but I couldn't resist  :))

"I am ready to meet my maker.  Whether my maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter"

Winston Churchill

:)

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

I will repeat:

Good night all

..-)

You brought it up.

Oddly, Alison was much more tolerable before "teaming up" with Thalivest!  Now the two of them bring out the worst of each other!   ..-)   I won't cry a tear when they get banned together!   :whistle:

For saying Roger is "classless" - Yet Novaks parents are classed as "Classless"..........and that is ignored???????????

Everyone has different views on players and their ways, game, some think some are better than others - Yep thats called a person's point of view..........

I don't understand it then, so I am not allowed to say anything about Roger (in case it upsets Roger Fans??????), yet everybody else can take cheap shots at other players - players that are not as important as Roger.........and thats ok??

Right I get it now
i agree with alison here- there's no need for her to get banned. all she's doneis expressed her opinion, and although some of her comments can be mildly insulting, they are nothing that warrants a ban.

Life would be a perpetual flea hunt if a man were obliged to run down all the innuendoes, inveracities, and insinuations and misrepresentations which are uttered against him.- Henry Ward Beecher

we need to stop like mauling everyone who says somethign bad about fed. Alison gave her opinion, dallas and I gave ours and all of a sudden people are attacking alison and thalivest (hu really didn't do much in this case) and talking about bans (i know u meant it as a joke OSU, but this topic has come up in other threads too for similar reasons). I mean whats the point of a forum if we want to ban everyone with different opinions? I do think some of the foul language should be cut down though

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »
Mdshahid and Alison, it was the truth laced with a joke as well.  Thing is, I don't have the power to ban people so it doesn't matter anyway.   ;-()

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »

we need to stop like mauling everyone who says somethign bad about fed. Alison gave her opinion, dallas and I gave ours and all of a sudden people are attacking alison and thalivest (hu really didn't do much in this case) and talking about bans (i know u meant it as a joke OSU, but this topic has come up in other threads too for similar reasons). I mean whats the point of a forum if we want to ban everyone with different opinions? I do think some of the foul language should be cut down though

I don't feel much sorrow for someone who spends their time mauling anyone who slighty disagrees with them (and I'm not talking about one or two people here).
If you can't treat people with respect there is no reason to expect to be respected. Probably a quote from somone, but if you put quotes around it, you can count it as one of my favorites.
Only one individual has the power to ban posters here, and it's very unlikly anyone will get banned, so there's no need to get defensive about it (though I was a bit surprised OSU dropped that little bomb  ;-()).

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »

Right I get it now

Alison you should know it's politics as usual at the Nazarene Church of Roger ....er...uh..... I mean tennis4you.com.

And yes I will speak my mind and like 'Pac said "Sh!t Don't Stop", keep doing the same. And hell yeah I will stand by Alison, and don't care about anyreperocussions what so ever.

If she says it and makes a point I will stand right beside her. If she's going at someone and a 3rd party wants go at her, you better believe they'll have me to deal with, it's how I get down.

Now back to quotes.....
Don't know who said, but it seems appropriate.....

"Death before dishonour".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:49:19 PM by thalivest »

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »
An interesting quote from Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers. He was asked who he thought will win the Super Bowl, and he "quoted" Roger Federer, though he didn't know it. He said "I don't care".
Many athletes have this feeling, especially having lost the penultimate game or match. There is an empty feeling that they have as a result of it. I don't blame them for feeling it (even if their name is Safin, or one of the other players that I don't care much about).

An ambition fulfilled

Offline thalivest

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 11:46:47 AM »
An interesting quote from Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers. He was asked who he thought will win the Super Bowl, and he "quoted" Roger Federer, though he didn't know it. He said "I don't care".
Many athletes have this feeling, especially having lost the penultimate game or match. There is an empty feeling that they have as a result of it. I don't blame them for feeling it (even if their name is Safin, or one of the other players that I don't care much about).

Stan, did Donald Driver say things like "#2 and #3 don't matter" like your boy Rger, among other things others have noted???

Another great point from Alison...... Funny how's there's a thread about the comments made by Djokovic's old earth, but we get 101 reasons/excuses for Fed.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »
Let's hope this gets through all the bulls**t that is on here

3rd time posting this!! (3rd attempt)

Pathetic

Federer the class man on if Novak wins the AO;

"I don't really care"

Sums him up pretty well that!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all "It's all about ME"...........

Why didn't he just say: "I hope he goes on and wins it"..............

I think I summed that up in....."It's all about me"................... :rofl_2:

Class act or a very sore loser??????????

Just out of interest, Alison, why do you think he should care?

Here's one reason: Federer has said he "loves and respects Tennis History"

Well, his good Pal Novak made Tennis History, by becomming the 1st player representing Serbia to WIN A GRAND SLAM SINGLES TITLE

perhaps it was a bit much the "history" part that got to him.........after it didn't feature him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another obvious reason could be...........that he likes watching Tennis..................... ..-)

"It's all about me".......................

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »
"Rule No. 76: No Excuses. Play like a champion"

Wedding Crashers

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
Rule #77:  If you don't like Roger Federer, why is it that 99% of your post mention his name?  :whistle:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2008, 07:23:50 PM »
Rule #77:  If you don't like Roger Federer, why is it that 99% of your post mention his name?  :whistle:

Why do you post on a Murray Thread (when you admit you don't care for him) ?????????

Is it perhaps he's a Tennis Player?????????? And this is a Tennis Forum?????????????

And so one has to post about a Tennis Player???????????? I would bring in some Snooker Players name..........but it's a Tennis Forum

All this Cr@p because of one quote about Roger.............. :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Anyway, I will talk about any tennis player I wish to and I will say what I think about any of them

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

You don't even like Roddick...............YET YOUR THE FIRST TO SAY SOMETHING NASTY ABOUT HIM...............Funny that goes unnoticed...

If I didn't mention your "GOD FEDERER" THEN YOU WOULD HAVE ANOTHER ****ING PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mention him, because he's the NO1 Player........and he's on the scene.............

Like I said if I didn't mention him, you would have a problem.............Yet I mention him and you have a problemmmm

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Yet you welcome all "GOOD THINGS ABOUT ROGER"........................

Thats what I don't get??

Anything Positive about Roger.............and it's "Great Post"........"Welcome to the forum", "Look forward to your posts", .....

Anything negative about Roger................"You HATE him"  :rofl_2: ,  "you will be banned"   :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2008, 08:17:20 PM »
I hardly ever say anything negative about a player I don't like.  In fact, most of my post (and I dare you to disagree with me)... are about Roger... not about the players I don't like! :rofl_2:

Yes, you can have freedom of speech.  You can post anything you want.  I was just curious to know if you are a tennis fan, why don't you post more about the player you like instead of 99% of your post being about the player you hate? :innocent:  Just curious.... :gleam:

But you know Alison,  I don't have a problem with you or any of the other posters....  :rofl_2: ... in spite of you trying  to ruffle my feathers! :))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:19:04 PM by Dallas »

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »

Why do you post on a Murray Thread (when you admit you don't care for him) ?????????

Is it perhaps he's a Tennis Player?????????? And this is a Tennis Forum?????????????

And so one has to post about a Tennis Player???????????? I would bring in some Snooker Players name..........but it's a Tennis Forum

All this Cr@p because of one quote about Roger.............. :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Anyway, I will talk about any tennis player I wish to and I will say what I think about any of them

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

You don't even like Roddick...............YET YOUR THE FIRST TO SAY SOMETHING NASTY ABOUT HIM...............Funny that goes unnoticed...

If I didn't mention your "GOD FEDERER" THEN YOU WOULD HAVE ANOTHER ****ING PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mention him, because he's the NO1 Player........and he's on the scene.............

Like I said if I didn't mention him, you would have a problem.............Yet I mention him and you have a problemmmm

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Yet you welcome all "GOOD THINGS ABOUT ROGER"........................

Thats what I don't get??

Anything Positive about Roger.............and it's "Great Post"........"Welcome to the forum", "Look forward to your posts", .....

Anything negative about Roger................"You HATE him"  :rofl_2: ,  "you will be banned"   :rofl_2:

Clearly you misunderstand, or choose to misinterpret things said here. That's OK. If you want to see monsters in the closet, go right ahead.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
Actually Alison, Dallas likes Andy. She said she wouldn love it if he could get another slam. :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
Actually Alison, Dallas likes Andy. She said she wouldn love it if he could get another slam. :)

Sure I would... right after Roger retires, I'll be pulling for Andy to especially win Wimbledon and another US Open!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2008, 11:43:02 PM »

Sure I would... right after Roger retires, I'll be pulling for Andy to especially win Wimbledon and another US Open!

Yeah, I forgot to add that little part.  :)) And I'm sure you wouldn't mind if Andy won Wimbly or the USO this year as long as Fed lost early... :whistle:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »

Yeah, I forgot to add that little part.  :)) And I'm sure you wouldn't mind if Andy won Wimbly or the USO this year as long as Fed lost early... :whistle:

Oh I'd hate to think of that! :scared: :scared: :scared:  You'll give me nightmares! :no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no: