Author Topic: Quotes you like  (Read 42469 times)

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
Re: Quotes you like
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
No, this trick won't work...How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? - Einstein
:)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
I've always liked this from Horace Walpole:

"Life is a comedy to those who think; a tragedy to those who feel"

Hmm, also{if this counts} from Gandalf in LOTR's{really I suppose Tolkien who wrote it}

When Frodo was upset about the RING coming to him and all the drama that was going to come with it, Frodo told Gandalf " I wish this wouldn't have happened in my time"

Gandalf said: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not their choice. All we can do is decide what to do with the time given to us"

Lol does that count? :))

Well Tolkien is a full of legendary quotes and you found pretty good one  ;-()
how's about Dimmu Borgir's -''Peace means reloading your guns''  :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:49:52 PM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »
... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Hear, hear!
You are everything I am not.

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2009, 06:50:13 PM »

Hmm, also{if this counts} from Gandalf in LOTR's{really I suppose Tolkien who wrote it}

When Frodo was upset about the RING coming to him and all the drama that was going to come with it, Frodo told Gandalf " I wish this wouldn't have happened in my time"

Gandalf said: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not their choice. All we can do is decide what to do with the time given to us"

who's about Dimmu Borgir's -''Peace means reloading your guns''  :whistle:

Haha :cool:

Gibbon said: " History is little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind"

I've also always liked what Ruskin said: "The most beautiful things in the world are usually the most useless; peacocks and lillies for example"
Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »

Gibbon said: " History is little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind"

I've also always liked what Ruskin said: "The most beautiful things in the world are usually the most useless; peacocks and lillies for example"

LOL! But how can they be so useless when they are so beautiful to look at? Beats me. How about beautiful women? Are they useless too? I think not.  :rofl_2:

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »

LOL! But how can they be so useless when they are so beautiful to look at? Beats me. How about beautiful women? Are they useless too? I think not.  :rofl_2:

I agree. I like that quote because it's always been contradictory to how I think in so many ways. Women, flowers, whatever, are all beautiful to me and so I always wondered what his life was like. The guy must have had the personality of Spock :rofl_2: those simple things in life that are beautiful are what make me happy.

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »
George Washington said:

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master"

Emma

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »

I agree. I like that quote because it's always been contradictory to how I think in so many ways. Women, flowers, whatever, are all beautiful to me and so I always wondered what his life was like. The guy must have had the personality of Spock :rofl_2: those simple things in life that are beautiful are what make me happy.

well put, I like that thinking :)

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
Einstein: To punish me for my contemt of authority, fate made me one" LOL

Emma

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »

Regarding Tolkien, how about this from Frodo in FOTR: "I know less than half of you half as well as I should like. And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." :rofl_2: I seriously considered using that as my senior quote but decided to go with an Andy quote about Cheetos. :innocent:

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »

Regarding Tolkien, how about this from Frodo in FOTR: "I know less than half of you half as well as I should like. And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." :rofl_2: I seriously considered using that as my senior quote but decided to go with an Andy quote about Cheetos. :innocent:

that was from Bilbo on his B-day. I know, I'm a geek who read the books and is now correcting your quote from the series

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »

that was Bilbo's quote I spose..

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2009, 07:14:20 PM »

Lol; actually that was Bilbo who said that at his birthday party farewell speech. Ialways get confused everytime I read that. :)) That would have been way cool had you used that as yor senior quote. :gleam:

Emma

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
Looks like we have some LOTR's geeks in here :rofl_2: Iam reading FOTR right now. I read the series twice a year and have for 19 years :)) And no I don't speak elvish; I'm not that geeky yet. I do however look like a cave troll :(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:16:51 PM by LEGION »

Emma

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »

Lol; actually that was Bilbo who said that at his birthday party farewell speech. Ialways get confused everytime I read that. :)) That would have been way cool had you used that as yor senior quote. :gleam:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: you both scooter skimmed on the quote :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:17:45 PM by Monky »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

I should mention that I find men very beautiful too. LOL! Oh and babies are beautiful.

I am a lover of beatiful things no doubt and they are anything but useless.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: you both scooter skimmed on the quote :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

I was just 17seconds faster  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
Here's a quote my dad used to say to me every day:

"Damn you're stupid" :(

Emma

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #258 on: May 26, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »

I should mention that I find men very beautiful too. LOL! Oh and babies are beautiful.

I am a lover of beatiful things no doubt and they are anything but useless.

Babies? Babies are hideous; they look like little pink lizards :rofl_2: And perpetual doodie factories.

Emma

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »
Looks like we have some LOTR's geeks in here :rofl_2: Iam reading FOTR right now. I read the series twice a year and have for 19 years :)) And no I don't speak elvish; I'm not that geeky yet. I do however look like a cave troll :(

I don't care for LOTR per se but it's still far better than that stupid Star Wars. Now Rey will kill me. God...