Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 36594 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2008, 01:12:56 PM »
:yahoo: I got the results from my January modules today: all A's :yahoo: My Maths A Level is now finished and an A, then I need to average 66% in my 2 Further Maths exams next June  :// I also got A's in General Studies, but it's a total waste of time that is only there because the Government want to give as many people good grades as possible (so they can say standards are rising) so they get as many as possible to sit that joke of a paper for a free A Level.

Very well done Kick made up for you getting such great grades and keep up the excellent work  :))
Don't knock the General Studies though, take what you can get  ;-() On one of those papers, the Politics and Society one I remember getting 130/130, don't know how but think I had an advantage as I studied A Level Politics  :)

Cheers Chris, but I'll continue to knock General Studies while happily taking an A. I got myself 100% in the maths paper too, so it's good for people like us who take subjects they put in that paper. Whatever people get in it, it's still a joke: one lad in my year deliberately got drunk on the morning of the exam, and he still got a B  :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: Got drunk and got a B, he must have found it very easy even in that state! Yeah take anything thats given to you in this life, but its ideal to have taken 1 or 2 of the subjects covered because it is just a simpler version and easier questions than what you're studying for in that subject  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »
Pretty awsome, and well deserved.
Congratulations! :thumbs-up:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Good job KS! 

Good story:   In my last year of College and one of my last exams I would have to take, if not the very last, the professor told us at the beginning of the exam that the seniors could stand up and leave because we would not have to take the exam.  We could accept the grade that we already had in the class.  It was awesome because I hadn't prepared for the exam at all and was kind of worried about it going in.  Then, the professor proceeded to give us a credit card to go to the bar and order pizza and beer on him!   :)) :king:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2008, 12:31:42 AM »
Good job KS! 

Good story:   In my last year of College and one of my last exams I would have to take, if not the very last, the professor told us at the beginning of the exam that the seniors could stand up and leave because we would not have to take the exam.  We could accept the grade that we already had in the class.  It was awesome because I hadn't prepared for the exam at all and was kind of worried about it going in.  Then, the professor proceeded to give us a credit card to go to the bar and order pizza and beer on him!   :)) :king:

lol One nice and cool professor you had Buckeye  :cool: Thats brilliant if you were already on a good/top grade and could just accept that and then instead of doing an exam- you instead have a pizza along with a drink- excellent indeed, and he certainly helped you out after not preparing at all  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »
Good job KS! 

lol One nice and cool professor you had Buckeye  :cool: Thats brilliant if you were already on a good/top grade and could just accept that and then instead of doing an exam- you instead have a pizza along with a drink- excellent indeed, and he certainly helped you out after not preparing at all  :)

My grade was just fine and I definitely would have made it worse by taking the exam...................so it was directly to the bar for me, and quite a few others, to eat up on some pizza and swill!   :)) :king:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
I had my music exam. I have a bio exam in a few hours and a history mid-term on Monday. This is a tough week. :mad1:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
I had my music exam. I have a bio exam in a few hours and a history mid-term on Monday. This is a tough week. :mad1:

How did the music exam go BGT? and best of luck with that biology exam in a few hours time  :) Seems you'll be busy over the weekend as well with studying and preparing ready for your history exam!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
I actually think I got a perfect in music. I only studyed for about 2 hours the night before and only went to class a few times. :rofl_2: I think bio will go well. After the first exam, I know how I have to study for the others. We have weekly quizzes on the chapters we study and I noticed that ALL of the questions froom the 1st exam came from the quizzes. So guess what I'm studying instead of boring my mind with the textbook? :whistle: Als, history should be fine as well. He emailed us the questions for the exam ALONG with page numbers the answers can found on (I have the right text this time. :whistle: )

kickserve, Dubai is the only thing keeping me sane this week. :))

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »
I just finished my bio exam, and I got an 88%!!!!! :yahoo: :applause: She weights the exams so I will probably get an A!!! :shakey: :shakey:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
Well done BGT!  Now can you exhale? 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »
Not yet. ;-() I have a history exam on Monday and Andy hasn't won Dubai yet. :)~

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2008, 12:55:07 AM »
Well done BGT  :) fantastic work- and just 1 more to go now!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2008, 09:10:08 AM »
Congrats BGT, great going! Good luck with History, I've got every confidence in you!

You'd better.. all I have to do is memorize the answers. :rofl_2: I hope my memory skills haven't been too stretched in this past week. ;-()

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
:yahoo: Mid-terms are over!!!!! 4 exams in 1.5 weeks is enough to kill anyone. I might start spring break a week early and skip the rest of the week. :innocent:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »
:yahoo: Mid-terms are over!!!!! 4 exams in 1.5 weeks is enough to kill anyone. I might start spring break a week early and skip the rest of the week. :innocent:

When is your Spring Break?  I figured it would be right after all your mid-terms!? 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »
Starts on Monday!! :shakey:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
Spring Break is over. :( I have 4 exams within the next two weeks. :( I have a history quiz tomorrow (I think, but I'll study for it anyway), I have an Anthropology exam next Tuesday, a Biology exam next Thursday, and a Music exam the Tuesday after that. :( The good thing is after all those exams, the Thursday after Music, I LEAVE FOR NORTH CAROLINA AND DAVIS CUP!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
Spring Break is over. :( I have 4 exams within the next two weeks. :( I have a history quiz tomorrow (I think, but I'll study for it anyway), I have an Anthropology exam next Tuesday, a Biology exam next Thursday, and a Music exam the Tuesday after that. :( The good thing is after all those exams, the Thursday after Music, I LEAVE FOR NORTH CAROLINA AND DAVIS CUP!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well done....  :thumbs-up:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »

Very best of luck with all those then BGT- its going to be a hard couple of weeks but you seem to put the work in well, so you'll be just fine  :) also once those 2 weeks are done just think how exciting you are going to be about your trip away  :cool:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »
i haven't followed this thread at all. i have enough school to think about that I ignore anything that reminds me of school - of all the places, here! :rofl_2:
i should go back and read these last few pages even if they are outdated. I just got done with a nice spring break after working through 6 exams in a span of 7 days. I didn't do much special over break, I was up at college working again but at least no serious stuff. I am actually trying this semester - embarassingly enough, when I visited the graduate director, he questioned about why my gpa was low. And I admitted my lack of motivation and committment and he told me to pick it up. So this semester, so far at least, I've got A's lined up in all 7 classes. Booyah! Teach them better than to challenge me and wake the sleeping giant :))
So If all goes well, I'll be taking grad classes next year along with finishing up the B.S degrees in mech eng. and physics, and a year later I'll be defending my thesis and I'll be done with my M.S in mechE, I personally think it's a record cuz I haven't yet heard of anyone getting through two B.S and one M.S degrees in 4 years flat  :king: !! And then I'll be done with school and studying forever - right when I turn 21  ;-() well, if and untill I decide to go get a phd or something  :\

There, that's my school life for the next two years. See y'all later!  :cool: