Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 36821 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »
i haven't followed this thread at all. i have enough school to think about that I ignore anything that reminds me of school - of all the places, here! :rofl_2:
i should go back and read these last few pages even if they are outdated. I just got done with a nice spring break after working through 6 exams in a span of 7 days. I didn't do much special over break, I was up at college working again but at least no serious stuff. I am actually trying this semester - embarassingly enough, when I visited the graduate director, he questioned about why my gpa was low. And I admitted my lack of motivation and committment and he told me to pick it up. So this semester, so far at least, I've got A's lined up in all 7 classes. Booyah! Teach them better than to challenge me and wake the sleeping giant :))
So If all goes well, I'll be taking grad classes next year along with finishing up the B.S degrees in mech eng. and physics, and a year later I'll be defending my thesis and I'll be done with my M.S in mechE, I personally think it's a record cuz I haven't yet heard of anyone getting through two B.S and one M.S degrees in 4 years flat  :king: !! And then I'll be done with school and studying forever - right when I turn 21  ;-() well, if and untill I decide to go get a phd or something  :\

There, that's my school life for the next two years. See y'all later!  :cool:

Pretty impressive.
I would caution you on one thing. You are never done with learing or school. Especially with today's rapidly changing technology, you constanlty need to go back to get a refresher.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »
i haven't followed this thread at all. i have enough school to think about that I ignore anything that reminds me of school - of all the places, here! :rofl_2:
i should go back and read these last few pages even if they are outdated. I just got done with a nice spring break after working through 6 exams in a span of 7 days. I didn't do much special over break, I was up at college working again but at least no serious stuff. I am actually trying this semester - embarassingly enough, when I visited the graduate director, he questioned about why my gpa was low. And I admitted my lack of motivation and committment and he told me to pick it up. So this semester, so far at least, I've got A's lined up in all 7 classes. Booyah! Teach them better than to challenge me and wake the sleeping giant :))
So If all goes well, I'll be taking grad classes next year along with finishing up the B.S degrees in mech eng. and physics, and a year later I'll be defending my thesis and I'll be done with my M.S in mechE, I personally think it's a record cuz I haven't yet heard of anyone getting through two B.S and one M.S degrees in 4 years flat  :king: !! And then I'll be done with school and studying forever - right when I turn 21  ;-() well, if and untill I decide to go get a phd or something  :\

There, that's my school life for the next two years. See y'all later!  :cool:

Dr. P, you are a beast!    Total insanity!  :-o   You proly couldn't have done this and still get over 6 hours of sleep a night huh? 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »
One down, two to go. Bio on Thursday. :// Music was scheduled for this Tuesday, but my teacher rescheduled it for Thursday, which is when I leave for N.C. and D.C. I asked her about it and she said I could take it when I come back so I have an extra week for Music. ://

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »
I started my Tennis team yesrday..it pretty sweet alot of kids this year
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »
I feel for all you guys in school.  I just finished medical school (well I don't graduate for a month, but I'm done), and it feels awesome.  The hard part starts in July with residency.  Until then, it's tennis!

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
I feel for all you guys in school.  I just finished medical school (well I don't graduate for a month, but I'm done), and it feels awesome.  The hard part starts in July with residency.  Until then, it's tennis!

Yes this is my first year playing school tennis but as I see now it gotta be a battle for the single spot
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
Do you play against people in your school, against other schools, or both?

Yes this is my first year playing school tennis but as I see now it gotta be a battle for the single spot

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »

For inter ranking for the single and double spot I think we have play against eachother then we play against other schools but Idk how my coach do the ladder system at my school I have see probally next week

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
Sounds fun.  Is this high school?

For inter ranking for the single and double spot I think we have play against eachother then we play against other schools but Idk how my coach do the ladder system at my school I have see probally next week

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »
Sounds fun.  Is this high school?

Yes I am in High school

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2008, 12:02:07 PM »
I've got my 3rd bio exam in 1.5 hours. Wish me luck. ://

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2008, 02:56:13 PM »
I've got my 3rd bio exam in 1.5 hours. Wish me luck. ://

Good luck! Is this the end of exams for you?

No, our last exams are a month from now. :Confused: But I got an 81% with just 1 day of studying compared to the 4 days I usually have.  :)) :))

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »
When are you leaving for DC BGT? 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2008, 07:06:05 PM »

Thursday!! :yahoo:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2008, 07:25:34 PM »

Sweet for you!  How many days are you going to be there?  Go USA! 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2008, 12:01:48 AM »

Sweet for you!  How many days are you going to be there?  Go USA! 

From Thursday to Monday. I'll be there for all 3 days of the tie.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
I got a 90 A on my Anthropology exam!! Up from a 70 C on my first exam!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2008, 01:26:58 AM »
Well done BGT :applause: Excellent score/grade and a huge improvement from your first one!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
Right guys, I come to you in my time of great need:

As I'm one of the best in the class at English, I've been set an extension task to come with an alliteration poem that uses mostly the letter "Q" at the start of each important word. Smaller words like and and it can still be used occassionall, and I know I shouldnt be getting you guys to do my homework but this seems impossible. To make it my own work, I will attempt to edit it slightly.

The poem needs to be 3 verses long, but 1 or 2 verses or a couple of lines from you would be great, as long as the later submissions can link into the first ones.

Sorry again for begging, but anyway.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »
It seems none of us are going to do your school work for you!   :)~    Makes me wonder if other people helping is how you supposedly got good at English in the first place!   :)~
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:18:07 PM by OSU Buckeye »