Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 35681 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
Does this mean that you act civil towards the passengers in your choo choo?  :whistle:

Yes, exactly!   ..-) :whistle:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »
I decided to drop Latin and Art because I was dying in there. :swoon: So I added Astronomy and African-American History.

Through LSU's bookstore, I would have spent $300+ on textbooks. Through half.com, I bought 3 textbooks for just $100 total. That bio book is $120 brand new; I got it for $20 online. :whistle:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
Once I found half.com I bought every College book I could on there.  I still get stuff on there!   :)

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »
I have bought most of my books at amazon marketplace, i have actually bought very few at half.com, check out amazon market place too cuz I almost always find a lower price there.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
I have bought most of my books at amazon marketplace, i have actually bought very few at half.com, check out amazon market place too cuz I almost always find a lower price there.

You go to Rutgers? How is it there?

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »

It's big, It's huge, It sucks, I hate it. Besides that its fine.

;-()

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 04:05:28 AM »

It's big, It's huge, It sucks, I hate it. Besides that its fine.

;-()

Quote Andy much? :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

That's the same way I feel about LSU.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »
Feb 4th at 8:00 a.m. is now my General Structures Exam.  Nervous but glad to get it out of the way!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »
Feb 4th at 8:00 a.m. is now my General Structures Exam.  Nervous but glad to get it out of the way!

If you pass it?   :)~    Otherwise you will have to take it again right?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life with a bit of good news: I've been applying to Universities for next September, to read Maths and Statistics, I've now had 4 offers from Durham, Leeds, York and Lancaster, then I've got an interview at Warwick University at the end of the month  :)

Exams are nearly over for January now: my last exam is tomorrow  :))

Good news KS, continued good luck with all of that!   :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life with a bit of good news: I've been applying to Universities for next September, to read Maths and Statistics, I've now had 4 offers from Durham, Leeds, York and Lancaster, then I've got an interview at Warwick University at the end of the month  :)

Great news Kickserve  :) Those 5 universities you've mentioned are all very good ones and a couple of mt friends go to Lancaster and another goes to Durham, and the comments they come back with seem very positive about them!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

Great news Kickserve  :) Those 5 universities you've mentioned are all very good ones and a couple of mt friends go to Lancaster and another goes to Durham, and the comments they come back with seem very positive about them!

Cheers Chris. By any chance, do any of these friends play tennis and know how good the facilities are? Obviously, that's my no:1 priority for choosing a uni  :)

No unfortunately they weren't a lot like me in that department and none of them were particularly into sport so they wouldn't have tested any tennis facilities out  :)) Glad to hear you've got your priorities as number 1- tennis facilities, number 2 how good the course is there  :))

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »
I was very suprised (and pleased!) to get a check in the mail today for $440.50. My dad is an Army vet (he fought in Vietnam) and his dependents (children) get dependents' benefits for going to college full-time. We get tuition and fees paid and get about $1000 a month while we are in school. I only got about half of the December's benefits ebcause we only went to school for half of Decemeber. So it was a nice gift to get that check today.  :thumbs-up:

kickserve, have you ever considered a school in another nation? We have lots of international students and it really adds to the (limited) diversity here.

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »
The long winter break finally ends, and I am in no mood for school and its hectic business but go through I must. Starts tommorrow. I am sorta looking forward to this semester, it'll be toughest semester by far and the most interesting semester by far too - as long as the profs. don't ruin it.
my posts here will cut down but I'll hopefully still be around a few times a week. Defintiely I'll be here for the rest of this week.

And the whole break its been so warm and tommorrow on my first day it's supposed to be in mid 20s. Probably much lower when I leave at like 530 in the morning.  :Confused:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:36:23 PM by pawan89 »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »
The long winter break finally ends, and I am in no mood for school and its hectic business but go through I must. Starts tommorrow. I am sorta looking forward to this semester, it'll be toughest semester by far and the most interesting semester by far too - as long as the profs. don't ruin it.
my posts here will cut down but I'll hopefully still be around a few times a week. Defintiely I'll be here for the rest of this week.

And the whole break its been so warm and tommorrow on my first day it's supposed to be in mid 20s. Probably much lower when I leave at like 530 in the morning.  :Confused:

What's your course load like?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 03:37:42 AM »
I was very suprised (and pleased!) to get a check in the mail today for $440.50. My dad is an Army vet (he fought in Vietnam) and his dependents (children) get dependents' benefits for going to college full-time. We get tuition and fees paid and get about $1000 a month while we are in school. I only got about half of the December's benefits ebcause we only went to school for half of Decemeber. So it was a nice gift to get that check today.  :thumbs-up:

kickserve, have you ever considered a school in another nation? We have lots of international students and it really adds to the (limited) diversity here.

Congrats on the cheque BGT, lucky you. I did briefly consider going to the USA, but in my sitation, going to a country without Universal Healthcare would be pretty stupid. It sounds like a great country, but until either I'm a millionaire or the US system changes...

Well, even for a semester abroad. It would be nice. I would recommend Tulane University in New Orleans. That was my dream school. Even though I got a scholarship offer, it wasn't enough for me to be able to afford to go. But it was literally the most beautiful campus I've ever set foot on. Directly across from Audubon Park. But, it's your choice.

If I could study in another nation, I would study in Australia in a university in Melbourne for the January-May semester for no obvious reason... :whistle:

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 04:08:38 AM »

Congrats on the cheque BGT, lucky you. I did briefly consider going to the USA, but in my sitation, going to a country without Universal Healthcare would be pretty stupid. It sounds like a great country, but until either I'm a millionaire or the US system changes...

Well, even for a semester abroad. It would be nice. I would recommend Tulane University in New Orleans. That was my dream school. Even though I got a scholarship offer, it wasn't enough for me to be able to afford to go. But it was literally the most beautiful campus I've ever set foot on. Directly across from Audubon Park. But, it's your choice.

If I could study in another nation, I would study in Australia in a university in Melbourne for the January-May semester for no obvious reason... :whistle:

I'd actually go to Australia too. I don't care when, preferably in their winter.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 05:12:53 AM »
One of our old posters from here actually came to study in England, Worcester for a semester and had the absolute time of her life. She loved every minute of it and had one of the best experiences she's ever endured!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »
One of our old posters from here actually came to study in England, Worcester for a semester and had the absolute time of her life. She loved every minute of it and had one of the best experiences she's ever endured!

Was that Suzy4hand? 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 07:37:36 AM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

I knew you'd be the one around and getting that one in double quick time Buckeye  ;-()