Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 36939 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:20 AM »
One of our old posters from here actually came to study in England, Worcester for a semester and had the absolute time of her life. She loved every minute of it and had one of the best experiences she's ever endured!

Was that Suzy4hand? 

I knew you'd be the one around and getting that one in double quick time Buckeye  ;-()

So, did you guys hang out and such? 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 07:55:31 AM »
One of our old posters from here actually came to study in England, Worcester for a semester and had the absolute time of her life. She loved every minute of it and had one of the best experiences she's ever endured!

Was that Suzy4hand? 

I knew you'd be the one around and getting that one in double quick time Buckeye  ;-()

Not exactly, but its all such a long and quite sad story now.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

Is she the one you mentioned who's been ill?  :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

Yeah that was Suzy, she is recovering now like which is the main thing in all of this.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »
I was very suprised (and pleased!) to get a check in the mail today for $440.50. My dad is an Army vet (he fought in Vietnam) and his dependents (children) get dependents' benefits for going to college full-time. We get tuition and fees paid and get about $1000 a month while we are in school. I only got about half of the December's benefits ebcause we only went to school for half of Decemeber. So it was a nice gift to get that check today.  :thumbs-up:

kickserve, have you ever considered a school in another nation? We have lots of international students and it really adds to the (limited) diversity here.

Congrats on the cheque BGT, lucky you. I did briefly consider going to the USA, but in my sitation, going to a country without Universal Healthcare would be pretty stupid. It sounds like a great country, but until either I'm a millionaire or the US system changes...

Well, even for a semester abroad. It would be nice. I would recommend Tulane University in New Orleans. That was my dream school. Even though I got a scholarship offer, it wasn't enough for me to be able to afford to go. But it was literally the most beautiful campus I've ever set foot on. Directly across from Audubon Park. But, it's your choice.

If I could study in another nation, I would study in Australia in a university in Melbourne for the January-May semester for no obvious reason... :whistle:

I might try USA for a semester, if the course I eventually study offers it, it sounds really good. Or even a trip to USA in my holidays could be good fun.

What are you studying?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

Yeah that was Suzy, she is recovering now like which is the main thing in all of this.

I remember Suzy! That's so cool you guys got acquainted--I didn't know. Nor did I know she had taken ill. If you keep in touch with her tell her Babblelot sends his best.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 09:16:52 PM »
I was very suprised (and pleased!) to get a check in the mail today for $440.50. My dad is an Army vet (he fought in Vietnam) and his dependents (children) get dependents' benefits for going to college full-time. We get tuition and fees paid and get about $1000 a month while we are in school. I only got about half of the December's benefits ebcause we only went to school for half of Decemeber. So it was a nice gift to get that check today.  :thumbs-up:

kickserve, have you ever considered a school in another nation? We have lots of international students and it really adds to the (limited) diversity here.

Congrats on the cheque BGT, lucky you. I did briefly consider going to the USA, but in my sitation, going to a country without Universal Healthcare would be pretty stupid. It sounds like a great country, but until either I'm a millionaire or the US system changes...

Well, even for a semester abroad. It would be nice. I would recommend Tulane University in New Orleans. That was my dream school. Even though I got a scholarship offer, it wasn't enough for me to be able to afford to go. But it was literally the most beautiful campus I've ever set foot on. Directly across from Audubon Park. But, it's your choice.

If I could study in another nation, I would study in Australia in a university in Melbourne for the January-May semester for no obvious reason... :whistle:

I might try USA for a semester, if the course I eventually study offers it, it sounds really good. Or even a trip to USA in my holidays could be good fun.

How sweet would it be to get together for a hit and a beer?   :cool:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

I remember Suzy! That's so cool you guys got acquainted--I didn't know. Nor did I know she had taken ill. If you keep in touch with her tell her Babblelot sends his best.

Good point Babble, same from me CT!  I remember her Tennessee avatar! 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:01 AM »

Was that Suzy4hand? 

Good point Babble, same from me CT!  I remember her Tennessee avatar! 

Thanks very much Babblelot and Buckeye, I will definitely give her your best wishes and kind thoughts! Yeah we stayed in constant touch when we both left this forum, and yeah she had the Tennessee 'Orange' avatar  :)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »
Oh god, school started yesterday. Please please please let me not have to give lecture to those incoming freshman!!! Yes, I'm in grad school, but not every grad student wants to be a professor. Having to give lecture to undergrads shouldn't be mandatory for every grad student, I hate it!!! This is why I'm considering finishing my grad program at another institution, preferably somewhere on the east coast. Ok my vent is over.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »
School...sucks..
Goodluck surviving pacer.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
School...sucks..
Goodluck surviving pacer.

Thanks Vic, I'm hope I survive also. ;-() :)
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 05:16:11 PM »
Oh god, school started yesterday. Please please please let me not have to give lecture to those incoming freshman!!! Yes, I'm in grad school, but not every grad student wants to be a professor. Having to give lecture to undergrads shouldn't be mandatory for every grad student, I hate it!!! This is why I'm considering finishing my grad program at another institution, preferably somewhere on the east coast. Ok my vent is over.

Lots of great schools here in Boston. I'll welcome you with racquet in hand.... :))

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »

Lots of great schools here in Boston. I'll welcome you with racquet in hand.... :))

Funny, I've considered Boston actually. I hear it's really nice out there. ;-()

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »

Right now, it's friggen cold!
It's fairly expensive. Not as compared to California, but as compared to Middle America. But it has to two big things going, one, the best hospitals (especially if you have cancer), and two, more colleges per mile than anywhere else in the US, if not the world. You've got the biggies, Harvard, MIT, BU and BC. But then there are numerous smaller collleges all over.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »

Right now, it's friggen cold!
It's fairly expensive. Not as compared to California, but as compared to Middle America. But it has to two big things going, one, the best hospitals (especially if you have cancer), and two, more colleges per mile than anywhere else in the US, if not the world. You've got the biggies, Harvard, MIT, BU and BC. But then there are numerous smaller collleges all over.

Yeah, I was looking around for info on Boston a few weeks back and found out about the quality medical facilities(which is very important for me) and the variety of educational institutions. That's what makes the area very appealing, atleast for me. ;-()

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

How sweet would it be to get together for a hit and a beer?   :cool:

It does sound pretty cool, shame I'll have to wait 4 years to fulfill the 2nd part of that  :( Unless anybody feels like coming over to England of course  :)

I wish I could!  I have only been over there once and that was Fall of 2006. 

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
What are you studying Pacer?

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 01:51:34 AM »
What are you studying Pacer?

Anthropology, both biological and cultural/social.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 05:03:22 AM »
Oh, I'm taking anthropology right now as an elective. Physical.