Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 36427 times)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 10:51:33 AM »
This is exam week for me, which is why I haven't posted lately.  Thankfully I'm done with all the hard ones, and have tech design and PE tomorrow!  Then after that I can slack off some more...

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »
Oh, I'm taking anthropology right now as an elective. Physical.

I think you'll love it. It's a very interesting subject if I must say so myself. :))
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2008, 12:24:55 PM »
Oh, I'm taking anthropology right now as an elective. Physical.

I think you'll love it. It's a very interesting subject if I must say so myself. :))

SO far it's been interesting. My professes is a real hoot though. He makes it even more entertaining.  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »
I feel so left out!

But all you guys in school  - get as much education as you can because you're going to need it "in the real world".  Study hard but also enjoy your college life... Get involved in school activities but not to the point that your studies suffer.  Sometimes things may seem hard, but it will work out in the end - trust me! :)

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »
I've just got back from an interview at Warwick University, I think it went pretty well. I should hear whether or not I've got an offer within a month  ://
Goodluck on that, and on picking a school  :king:
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
Good luck KS. ;-()

I haven't had to give lecture thus far. But I do have to hold office hours ..-) :\
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »
Midterms this weeks, which is annoying but whatever its my last ones of high school.

So far I've been accepted into Penn St, UConn, and U New Hampshire(got scholarship money).  Still waiting to hear from Vermont, Wake Forest, U of Mich, and Vanderbilt.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »
Well, I've got my first exam in a loooooooooooong time... I shouldn't be too worried since it's Music Appreciation and I had 8 years of music in school and took this exact course in my senior year. But I'm still kinda nervous. Wish me luck!! :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
I think I did well on my Music exam, so I'm pleased with that. We are also rewarded with holiday, and we won't be going back to class until Thursday because of a little known holiday known as

MARDI GRAS 2008!!!!!!
 :thumbs-up: :grind dance: :toot: :yay: :tounge-smile:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »
Common rooms... like in Harry Potter. :))

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 12:49:58 PM »
I've been in 6th form of the past year and a half, and until this week my year and the year below us had our own seperate common rooms. However, the school's spent a ridiculous amount of money on a '6th form centre' with one common room and one computer room, which certainly wont be used at break and lunch time, so at these times, we have about 250 people squashed into one room instead of 2 :ranting: Genius idea: spend money to make things worse :head-smack:

What is 6th form?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
I've been in 6th form of the past year and a half, and until this week my year and the year below us had our own seperate common rooms. However, the school's spent a ridiculous amount of money on a '6th form centre' with one common room and one computer room, which certainly wont be used at break and lunch time, so at these times, we have about 250 people squashed into one room instead of 2 :ranting: Genius idea: spend money to make things worse :head-smack:

What is 6th form?

Yeah, CT used to always say that term and I was like huh?   :confused1:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »

What is 6th form?

Your memory impresses me more and more as each day passes by Buckeye  :applause: There's no chance of ever getting anything past you.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
You guys have 7 years of high school? So are you 20/21 when you graduate?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »

No 18 Pcer, we start highschool at around 11, then we stay in it compulsory until we're 16 and then you have the option to stay on in 'sixth form' for another 2 years. Then its university, employment or apprentiship.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 02:42:01 PM »

No 18 Pcer, we start highschool at around 11, then we stay in it compulsory until we're 16 and then you have the option to stay on in 'sixth form' for another 2 years. Then its university, employment or apprentiship.

Wow, I didn't know that your educational system was so different from ours. At age 11 we are either still in elementary school or starting middle school.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »

What is 6th form?

Your memory impresses me more and more as each day passes by Buckeye  :applause: There's no chance of ever getting anything past you.

Thanks CT!  I try!   :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »
Oh, I got an A on my music exam. What I'm worried about are the 3 exams I have in the next week. I have a History exam. The good thing about that one is my professor emailed us the exam and told us to fill out the answers and bring it to class so it's a guaranteed A if you are prepared for the research. :thumbs-up:

I also have a Bio exam and an Anthropology exam. I have a lot of studying to do.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
Oh, I got an A on my music exam. What I'm worried about are the 3 exams I have in the next week. I have a History exam. The good thing about that one is my professor emailed us the exam and told us to fill out the answers and bring it to class so it's a guaranteed A if you are prepared for the research. :thumbs-up:

I also have a Bio exam and an Anthropology exam. I have a lot of studying to do.

Excellent start indeed BGT on the music, very well done indeed  :) The history seems like it'll be fine with your professor handing you a good grade almost on a plate, so you'll be fine in that one, and then just some good hard studying for your Bio and Anthropology exams and you'll get 4 excellent grades  :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
This history exam is impossible.  :mad1: NONE of the answers are in the textbook, which I just paid $100 for solely for this exam. I'm having to Google everything, and I STILL can't find all the answers. :;:-| I've been working on this for 2 days, and I've just 16 answers out of 50. :shocking:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:47:02 PM by blackgirltennis »