Author Topic: ~*School Life*~  (Read 38026 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: ~*School Life*~
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2008, 11:26:26 PM »
While taking a break from this impossible exam, I searched for my high school on youtube. I found this little gem. I know ALL of these kids, and they ar geniuses!! Especially, the Indian guy Anuj. I was totally infatuated with him my senior year. He's so lovely. :wub: He goes to Columbia. :)) Bad rapper though.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 02:39:44 AM »
I JUST FINISHED MY EXAM!!!! :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :trampoline: :applause: :dance 2: :yahoo:

At 2:40 in the morning.. :sleep 2: :hell-no: :shocking: :thumb-down: That took waaaaaaaaaaay too long tom complete. I had to google EVERY question because none of the answers were in the $100 textbook I just bought. ..-) Good thing I don't have class until 1:30 pm. :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »
Well done BGT for getting that done it sounds as if you spent absolutely ages on it! at leasti ts done now but it must be so annoying paying that much for a textbook and it having no answers in at all or being any help at all to you  :whistle: Good job on getting it done though!  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 04:28:35 AM »
I JUST FINISHED MY EXAM!!!! :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :trampoline: :applause: :dance 2: :yahoo:

At 2:40 in the morning.. :sleep 2: :hell-no: :shocking: :thumb-down: That took waaaaaaaaaaay too long tom complete. I had to google EVERY question because none of the answers were in the $100 textbook I just bought. ..-) Good thing I don't have class until 1:30 pm. :)

Congrats on getting it done! Why didn't you post any questions on here? Remember, there are a few here who'll remember much of what we now call 'history'  :)~

:rofl_2:
you are on form today Kick  ;-()

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 07:12:15 AM »

Congrats on getting it done! Why didn't you post any questions on here? Remember, there are a few here who'll remember much of what we now call 'history'  :)~

:rofl_2:
you are on form today Kick  ;-()

No, form is temporary, but class is permanent  :)~

ahh but you are not quite into the class bracket just yet  :)~ anyway one of the truest sayings and phrases ive heard that throughout my life. thats a phrase i really like  :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »
I thought of that, but I'm pretty sure none of you would know it. It's African-American History, which I've never taken before but thought it might be pertinent. They were like really random questions: how many slaves were on the slave ship the Erie? Which slave was tied to the wheel?... it was impossible, but it's done. :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 02:01:18 PM »
I thought of that, but I'm pretty sure none of you would know it. It's African-American History, which I've never taken before but thought it might be pertinent. They were like really random questions: how many slaves were on the slave ship the Erie? Which slave was tied to the wheel?... it was impossible, but it's done. :)

With questions like that I could have reeled off those answers in my sleep  :whistle:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »
Okay, I feel completely idiotic. The exam was called the Complicity exam, and I didn't know why that is. I bought the African-American Odyssey text but none of the answers for the exam were there. It turns out we were supposed to have a textbook called Complicity and all of the answers were there. :hammer: :head-smack: :head-smack:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
I took my first Biology exam yesterday. I couldn't study as much as I wanted because I'm sick and my medicine makes me really sleepy and groggy. I thought I failed the exam (at least, that's what the score told me), but I check online and saw that I got a 75% C... YESSS! :yahoo: :yahoo: Not a grade I aim for generally, but better than what I was expecting. :))

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »
I took my first Biology exam yesterday. I couldn't study as much as I wanted because I'm sick and my medicine makes me really sleepy and groggy. I thought I failed the exam (at least, that's what the score told me), but I check online and saw that I got a 75% C... YESSS! :yahoo: :yahoo: Not a grade I aim for generally, but better than what I was expecting. :))

Congrats on that one: any chance you could explain you were sick and they turn that C into a B?  :)~ In Uk, they give special dispensation to students if they have medical or personal problems during an exam.

I'm pretty sure they have no sympathy. ..-) In high school, I could have stayed home, made up an excuse, and take the exam next week. It's supposed to be an excuse written by a parent, but usually, I'd just type something up and turn it in. :)) But alas, this is college; we're adults and have responsiblities. :Confused:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:16:30 PM by blackgirltennis »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
In order for me to have special consideration to take an exam late, it has to because of the following: I was in the hospital; a close family member died; military duties; judicial duties, school-approved mandatory field trips; I'm dead. I guess those are the only reasonable excuses. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Very well done BGT  :) Glad to hear you came through the exam really well even feeling a little worse for wear!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »
There are some things in the U.S. Colleges that you get special treatment for.  A classmate of mine had dislexia so she would take longer to make sense of it all so she got to take her exams by herself and take much longer than we took.  Plus, I am not sure she always had someone watching her take the exam either. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »
There are some things in the U.S. Colleges that you get special treatment for.  A classmate of mine had dislexia so she would take longer to make sense of it all so she got to take her exams by herself and take much longer than we took.  Plus, I am not sure she always had someone watching her take the exam either. 

Quite similar to our High Schools that is, as during the exams season pupils who have special needs will have maybe 15 or sometimes even 30 minutes extra than the rest of the students, and do their exam in a different room somewhere. Although it was very few students indeed that did this and they do try to make it a real limited thing.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2008, 01:23:20 AM »
:yahoo: I've got an offer now from Warwick University, my first choice, so I now have all 5 offers. Warwick want AAB out of me, slightly easier than expected  :))

Congratulations Kick! Made up for you  :) Now a lot of hard work ahead of you to get those grades and if you had expected it a little more difficult then it could have only been straight A's or another grade in a subject. Are you roughly predicted for those type of grades?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2008, 01:31:16 AM »
:yahoo: I've got an offer now from Warwick University, my first choice, so I now have all 5 offers. Warwick want AAB out of me, slightly easier than expected  :))

Congratulations Kick! Made up for you  :) Now a lot of hard work ahead of you to get those grades and if you had expected it a little more difficult then it could have only been straight A's or another grade in a subject. Are you roughly predicted for those type of grades?

Yeah, I was expecting Warwick to want 3 A's out of me. I think they're do-able: I got 4 A's at AS Level, but Furhter Maths is really starting to get tough now, so I need to step it up if I want the A in that. Normal Maths should be an A easily, then History will be tight.

Yeah i know a few who did further maths and I looked through their books and did a few questions with them and it really was a very hard subject. But if you've got 4 A grades at AS level you've put yourself in a good postion. Best of luck with them and just keep up the good hard work  :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »
Congrats KS, so is it going to be Warwick then as long as you get your grades?    Will they give you assistance or no?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
Congratulations. :) I'm sure your parents are very proud. :))

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2008, 07:10:24 AM »
Yeah, gotta consider all angles huh KS?   Sounds like you are on top of everything!  Well done lad!  Did those parents teach you well or are you just that bright?    Likely both!? 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
:yahoo: I got the results from my January modules today: all A's :yahoo: My Maths A Level is now finished and an A, then I need to average 66% in my 2 Further Maths exams next June  :// I also got A's in General Studies, but it's a total waste of time that is only there because the Government want to give as many people good grades as possible (so they can say standards are rising) so they get as many as possible to sit that joke of a paper for a free A Level.

Very well done Kick made up for you getting such great grades and keep up the excellent work  :))
Don't knock the General Studies though, take what you can get  ;-() On one of those papers, the Politics and Society one I remember getting 130/130, don't know how but think I had an advantage as I studied A Level Politics  :)