Author Topic: Newest n00b  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Double Fault

• Tennis Player
  • Tennis n00b
Newest n00b
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
Hi everyone!  I'm new at T4U.

I'm a new tennis player since I've been doing it for around four months.  I love the sport since I finally found a way to exercise without boring myself to death.  I tried several things, but they were too boring for me.  That is, until I found tennis!

I use two Babolat Aero Strike sticks strung with different strings and tensions.  I have a solid two-handed backhand for a n00b and my forehand is improving, although you could say that it is fairly reliable.  Both of them are hit with heavy top spin.  My serve sucks severely, hence the nickname.  I play almost exclusively on clay at
Club Malvin in Montevideo, Uruguay; a small country in South America even though I'm not originally from here. On very rare and counted occasions I get the chance to play hard courts, but it is not very often.  Because of this, I like to use Babolat's Team Clay shoes, which I think are great.

I like gadgetry and specifications.  You know, the little things in devices.  Because of this, I like to try everything I can.  So far I've had an Aeropro Drive Cortex, a Yonex RDS 001 MP and now I've settled for the Aero Strike. Hopefully, I will now become a string junkie and try everything I can in as many different setups as possible in order to find something that I really like.  I'm trying to move away from polymono and use only multifilaments.  I've become very close with white Yonex Overgrap for my rackets.  I absolutely love this overgrip!

Among the most superficial things I like in tennis lies the whole wristband, socks, shoes, bag thing.  I like gear.  It won't make me a better player, but I like them.  Because of this, I have three pairs of wristbands, one Aero Team 6 racket bag from Babolat (matches my rackets =P ), some quick drying shirts and shorts.  Many of you would refer to me as a poser and you could be right (especially since I've been playing for so little time), but we all know that gear is part of the game.

Well, I guess that's me.  Glad to be a part of the community!
Babolat Aero Strike Cortex ● Babolat Ballistic @ 49 lbs Babolat Attraction @ 47 lbs
Babolat Aero Strike Cortex ● Babolat Attraction Power 17 @ 53 / 50 lbs

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Newest n00b
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:15 PM »
Excellent, welcome to the forums! 

Great post to start things out, looking forward to many more!  Feel free to jump in where ever you like, no one here bites and we all love tennis.

:welcome2: :welcome) :welcome2:
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
Welcome DF!  Uruguay huh?  Thats pretty cool! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
Just a little south of most of us..... ..-)
Is it Summer down there like it is in Australia?
 :welcome2:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:26:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum Double Fault  :)
You'll love it here so post away and keep us updated with your game as well as the players you follow on the Tour. By the way your English is superb for somebody from Uraguay  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Double Fault

• Tennis Player
  • Tennis n00b
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 04:38:53 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I was born in Span, grew up in Costa Rica and now I'm living in Uruguay.  In the middle, I've lived a bit in Austria, Cuba and I spent three years in Argentina.  My English is mostly from school.

I don't really have a player that I root for regularly.  When I watch matches, I guess I pick the one I like best between the two.  I do know that I dislike Federer because he's so good that every time he plays, you just know he's going to win.  I do like Baghdatis and have liked him since Madrid last year, mostly because of his charisma and willingness to leave it all out there in the court. This was pretty obvious with his last match at the AO.

It is summer right now here, but the heat is not that intense.  We've had a couple of 40-degree days, but now were stuck in the high 20s and mid 30s.
Babolat Aero Strike Cortex ● Babolat Ballistic @ 49 lbs Babolat Attraction @ 47 lbs

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:00 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I was born in Span, grew up in Costa Rica and now I'm living in Uruguay.  In the middle, I've lived a bit in Austria, Cuba and I spent three years in Argentina.  My English is mostly from school.

I don't really have a player that I root for regularly.  When I watch matches, I guess I pick the one I like best between the two.  I do know that I dislike Federer because he's so good that every time he plays, you just know he's going to win.  I do like Baghdatis and have liked him since Madrid last year, mostly because of his charisma and willingness to leave it all out there in the court. This was pretty obvious with his last match at the AO.

It is summer right now here, but the heat is not that intense.  We've had a couple of 40-degree days, but now were stuck in the high 20s and mid 30s.

wow you've been to a few different countries in your time thats for sure. You must have certainly have listened in school with your English being so good  :)) I'm certainly very jealous of your weather being so sunny and hot, winter here, but thats not a lot different to our summer if you go by last years washout! Baggy is a great player to watch and his watch at the Australian Open this year was a good example of that, he's always playing with a smile and a big heart. Now what he's got to do is win a big title somewhere along the line  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:09:40 AM »
Welcome to the board? Funny name, double fault alot :P?
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Double Fault

• Tennis Player
  • Tennis n00b
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
Sure do!  At least for now!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »
Hi everyone!  I'm new at T4U.

I'm a new tennis player since I've been doing it for around four months.  I love the sport since I finally found a way to exercise without boring myself to death.  I tried several things, but they were too boring for me.  That is, until I found tennis!

I use two Babolat Aero Strike sticks strung with different strings and tensions.  I have a solid two-handed backhand for a n00b and my forehand is improving, although you could say that it is fairly reliable.  Both of them are hit with heavy top spin.  My serve sucks severely, hence the nickname.  I play almost exclusively on clay at Club Malvin in Montevideo, Uruguay; a small country in South America even though I'm not originally from here. On very rare and counted occasions I get the chance to play hard courts, but it is not very often.  Because of this, I like to use Babolat's Team Clay shoes, which I think are great.

I like gadgetry and specifications.  You know, the little things in devices.  Because of this, I like to try everything I can.  So far I've had an Aeropro Drive Cortex, a Yonex RDS 001 MP and now I've settled for the Aero Strike. Hopefully, I will now become a string junkie and try everything I can in as many different setups as possible in order to find something that I really like.  I'm trying to move away from polymono and use only multifilaments.  I've become very close with white Yonex Overgrap for my rackets.  I absolutely love this overgrip!

Among the most superficial things I like in tennis lies the whole wristband, socks, shoes, bag thing.  I like gear.  It won't make me a better player, but I like them.  Because of this, I have three pairs of wristbands, one Aero Team 6 racket bag from Babolat (matches my rackets =P ), some quick drying shirts and shorts.  Many of you would refer to me as a poser and you could be right (especially since I've been playing for so little time), but we all know that gear is part of the game.

Well, I guess that's me.  Glad to be a part of the community!

welsome to the forums. glad you are here.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »
Welcome here DF - have fun and post away :welcome2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 05:03:52 AM »
Welcome to the forums!!  :)