Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 167791 times)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Re: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....
« Reply #2320 on: May 15, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »
Big match from the best player on tour!! Murray played lights out, as needed after the debacle of the 1st set - but Djokovic refused to be be beaten!! This was a Superb match, which was throroghly entertaining. To see Novak, suffering, but still trying like mad to win the match was 'gladiatorial'. This was another epic for the ages. Murray and Djokovic - hats off to you both!! Win or lose tomorrow - Novak, you are a warrior!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2321 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:00 AM »
Big match from the best player on tour!! Murray played lights out, as needed after the debacle of the 1st set - but Djokovic refused to be be beaten!! This was a Superb match, which was throroghly entertaining. To see Novak, suffering, but still trying like mad to win the match was 'gladiatorial'. This was another epic for the ages. Murray and Djokovic - hats off to you both!! Win or lose tomorrow - Novak, you are a warrior!!
agreed 100% with your post... well said  :thumbs-up:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2322 on: May 15, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »
That was a good interview, I have to admit I haven't cared much for Novak's demeaner but now it seems it's just that I didn't know him well enough. I do like how he represents himself and probably took his parents actions and held him accountable for that some.

But that is all secondary........

He played a hell of a match today, something I don't say without it being fully qualified to my critical nature.
He had plenty of chances to fold against a solid Murray and the shot making and movement was top class.
I consider Murray the best mover in the game and Djokovic a very close second if not about even.
The mental aspect of Djokovic's game has risen, being just broke and under tremendous pressure he responded, he was at the level of Del Potro today who I consider the best mentally in the game today.

He'll have his hands full against Nadal and may not have enough physically to pull it out but I hope he does, I'm glad to see him doing well and fighting like a true warrior, something I didn't think he had in him in years past.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2323 on: May 15, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
PhenomaNOLE!!!!  :PHEW:) :drool: :trampoline: :H
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2324 on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
PhenomaNOLE!!!!  :PHEW:) :drool: :trampoline: :H
Absolutely my friend. He is from another planet right now  :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2325 on: May 15, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXi300QdnU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2326 on: May 15, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2327 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:43 PM »

Interview with  Novak Djokovic
Rome, Italy

Da Internazionali BNL D'Italia

Q: After the match yesterday against Murray it was not impossible but quite improbable that you could not could not come back to that and playing as well. How well you have done in the last 48 hours?
Djokovic: Well everything is possible -- that is explanation. If you can do it and if you drop well with the team of people round with and. to focus on your goal and your goal is to be physically ready for the match we did a great job and today I was able to get the maximum out of my fitness. …..

Q: While you have beaten him twice in a row now playing -- is there anything temptation not to feel that there is going to be a new King on clay? In the part 5 or 6 years -- Nadal has been head and shoulders above everyone else
Djokovic: Let us be clear -- he is the King of clay and he is the best player ever to play on this surface. He has been sent on clay or and yes -- I have won against him twice in the last eight days which I think is incredible an incredible achievement for me and he has given me a lot of confidence for the French Open and this is only a couple of tournaments this year and he has since been dominant on this surface for so many many years.

Q: Novak -- that is very respectable and I did not expect anything less from you – It looks like you are the best in the world.
Djokovic: Well thank you. I was also amazed the way I was going to be under the circumstances and the conditions that I was being -- and that is really hard match last night against a player that was playing greats like I was on the verge of losing a match and I was coming back and be able to perform perhaps my best tennis on clay courts and he is number one player in world history and just amazing. I am still trying to enjoy this victory. In there is not much time on the course I need to get ready for the Roland Garros.

Q: First of all congratulations. Can you tell is you were happy today when you saw it was raining and you had to the 3 more hours to worse and maybe bought was a little bit more slow and his top spin was less effective.
Djokovic: Whatever conditions I need to step into the court and play my best tennis and really take chances the aggressive that is the only way I could win against Nadal. Especially on clay. But really -- obviously they were different conditions. I was ready to play for 4:30 and I was ready for that time and maybe this was good luck.

Q: You are obviously enjoying it and it is incredible personal achievement but can you tell us an appreciation of what this is doing for tennis as well. Something truly extraordinary that no one has ever really see.
Djokovic: Well for me it is -- it is an incredible honour to be part of the history in some ways and part of the elite of players like you know Federer and Nadal and McEnroe and Lendl and those players who have won many matches in a row. I feel -- I do not know how much you would infringe on the tennis and I think some other people will judge this is what I am really happy that there is some other players that Rafa and Roger who are in the big events.

Q: You have so many records right now that I can put them all together because…………… but which one is your preferred one ……. which do you think is the most important? To beat Nadal twice in a row on clay? You are so close to the new number one in the world and you have won so many points in four months and to win 36 matches or 37 whatever ……… which one are you most proud about.
Djokovic: I am most happy about the game this year on clay -- the way I was fighting all the way I am confident and aware and self belief that I can win against the top players. This will let you. I know that if I am performing this well then the results will anyway. If I start thinking about what is next year than my thoughts -- (laughter) try not to think about that

Q: Rafa always talks about his illusion to improve and that is always seeking to get better and better. At the moment seem to be playing so well that it is hard to play hard to believe that you can play any better potential you think
Djokovic: Maybe this is a bit arrogant to say that I can play better than this because I have played that much against Rafa in Madrid and here. I have been hitting the ball really well and I was serving year better than in doing so it is important to get a couple of the easy balls or free points from the serve. There is always a need to improve and I think he is on the grounds he and it is very focused on what we need to do.

Q: Novak -- look at what you have achieved over the last 37 matches and look at where you are playing now with the level that you have reached -- within the doubts -- and featuring the clock back to last October or last September we would like to understand what it is that you are doing differently? Something that could explain this extraordinary run…..
Djokovic: Well -- I have been talking about this many times and I think an interesting thing. Everything starts with the Davis cup. I did have some changes but all these years I have been in a learning process of working hard on a waiting all day for everything to come together. All were paying off and I have been winning major events before but did not have the consistency shall I did not have the mental -- great mental approach when I play big players. I was losing a little in the late stages of grand slams and important Masters series events against Roger against Rafa just because the evidence a lot of self belief and confidence to win against it is. I think this change from the Davis cup title gave me an incredible energy really. Today I am definitely not thinking of losing a match and thinking only of winning as long as this keeps going than I will.

Q: Do you get the impression that the players are a little intimidated by you when you walk on the court
Djokovic: No – I don’t think it is like that. Some moments I play against and I don’t underestimate anyone and I get on the court and I play my best tennis to won.

Q: Given the nature of tennis – you don’t get a lot of time off. How will you spend the time between now and Paris --- to prepare for a 5 set championship.
Djokovic: I am not going to touch the raquet for the next 4 days. I have had enough for now and rest is very important right now to recover and then – you know – getting ready for Roland Garros --- the most important tournament on this surface..

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #2328 on: May 16, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »
Djokovic Becomes First Player To Qualify For 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

Serb qualifies for London as 2011 unbeaten streak continues

Novak Djokovic has sealed his qualification for the 2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals following his win over Rafael Nadal in the final of the Internazionali BNL d'Italia Sunday.

Djokovic's win in Rome adds another 1000 South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings points to his 2011 points tally, meaning that the Serb is assured of his place at the season-ending finale, set to take place at The O2 in London from 20-27 November. Only the world's Top 8 players based on results in 2011 qualify to compete in the season's final showdown in London.

Djokovic qualifies for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for a fifth successive year. He captured the season-ending title in 2008 when it was held in Shanghai. Last year, Djokovic reached the semi-finals in London before losing to Federer. He has not lost a match since.

The Serb has enjoyed a remarkable run of form in 2011, capturing seven successive titles including the Australian Open in January and four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles. He heads into Roland Garros later this week with an incredible 37-0 match record so far this season.

Djokovic becomes only the second player to qualify for the season-ending event before Roland Garros since 1990 (Nadal also qualified before Roland Garros in 2009). Nadal retains his World No.1 ranking (based on the past 52 weeks) ahead of his title defense at Roland Garros, yet Djokovic’s results so far this year make him the current front runner to challenge for the 2011 year-end World No.1 crown, which could be determined at the last tournament of the season in London.

Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2329 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
Thanks Chris. Great news although we all know this was NID  :).

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #2330 on: May 16, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
Thanks Chris. Great news although we all know this was NID  :).

It certainly was only a matter of time Alex but before RG is just amazing :applause:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2331 on: May 16, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »
Nole is going to be almost impossible to beat at Roland Garros. I pity the fool who tries.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2332 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:36 AM »
Novak at The Cannes Film Festival - "Fashion for Relief".

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:27:14 AM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2333 on: May 17, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »

CANNES, France May 17, 2011 (AP)
Fashion rolled out the red carpet for charity in Cannes, with a benefit runway show that saw A-listers including Naomi Campbell, Jane Fonda, Rosario Dawson and tennis man Novak Djokovic strut their stuff for a good cause.

Campbell's Fashion for Relief charity organized the Monday show and an auction that followed to raise money for the Japanese Red Cross to aid victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami there.

Scores of celebrities, in town for the Cannes Film Festival, turned out to support Monday's event, while a small army of models donated their time, walking in red carpet-ready looks from Lanvin, Jean Paul Gaultier, Sonia Rykiel, Valentino and a host of other top labels.

From her front-row perch, Ivana Trump hailed the decision to hold the show in Cannes during the 12-day-long film festival here as "a brilliant choice.

"All the rich people are in town for the festival, people in movies and in fashion, so they can reach into their pockets and give money to help," said Trump, looking elegant in a black minidress with a bedazzled dipping neckline. She said she hadn't yet seen any movies but planned to spend the final six days of the prestigious cinema showcase shuttling between her homes in Cannes, Monaco and Saint Tropez while attending some select films.

Another audience member, designer Peter Dundas — whose label Pucci has long been considered an iconic brand in Japan — said he'd turned out for Monday's event because "Japan's disaster is our disaster.

"More than ever, we can't think that just because something happens on the other side of the world it doesn't concern us. Of course it does," he said.

Editor-in-cheif of Japanese Vogue Anna Della Russo said the "it's in the Japanese character to be really strong and optimistic" but "they really do need help."

Asked whether she thought the disaster would affect the Japanese's notoriously extravagant sense of style, the envelope-pushing style maven exclaimed, "I hope not because they're so crazy about fashion like me and I don't want that to change."

In addition to the flock of professionals — both from the current herd of young girls that rule today's catwalks to industry veterans, led by Campbell herself, in a long lean black number — models also included tennis champ Djokovic and Grace Hightower, who's married to the president of this year's Cannes jury, Robert De Niro.

At age 73, Fonda looked divine in a shimmering second-skin gown, while Dawson rocked a floor-length burnt orange number. The crowd devoured both, showering them in applause.

None of the nonprofessional models had any problems, but one of the hottest models of the moment was undone by her over-sized meringue gown. She fell once and then again and again and again — four times in a single passage — before falling again her next time out, in a sundress and towering platforms

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2334 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »
SI: Novak Djokovic is the most dominant athlete in the world right now

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2335 on: May 17, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPoukuBUFwk[/youtube]

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2336 on: May 17, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
The most dangerous player on tour. You like?  :ice cream:

You are everything I am not.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2337 on: May 17, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
^^^ Muza actually looks pretty decent in that pic. Short hair looks much better than that "bird nest" his head is covered with right now  :rofl_2:.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2338 on: May 17, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Jodie Foster interviewing  Novak Djokovic in Cannes (It starts at 8:13)
http://festival-cannes.canalplus.fr/festival-cannes/le-grand-journal-de-cannes
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:44:28 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2339 on: May 17, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »
Nole and his GF Jelena in Cannes.