Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 170586 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....
« Reply #2520 on: August 15, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »
Novak is moving so well. I've been his fan for a long time. Thanks bud  :)

Nole is like gumby out there....  :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2521 on: August 15, 2011, 11:16:39 PM »
Novak is moving so well. I've been his fan for a long time. Thanks bud  :)

Nole is like gumby out there....  :rofl_2:
so true  :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2522 on: August 15, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »
so true  :rofl_2:

He's basically playing the kind of defense that Nadal had from 2005 to early 2009 where every single ball came back.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2523 on: August 16, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
Fish put up a pretty good fight, but Nole was just that much better.  The amazing season continues! :gleam: 

It was good to hear the commentators (I think it was Brad Gilbert specifically) mention Nole's superb dynamic balance and flexibility in addition to his outstanding overall movement.
yes. I love Fish but he had no chance against Nole 2.0. To be honest with you I didn't care about this match so much. However, I'm really happy that Nole won.
What's cool is Nole didn't play great, but it was apparent early on that he was clearly the better player on that day.  Fish looked very off balance and out of position in many rallies compared to Nole he appeared to be in position and very calm (not over-hitting).  You could just see the confidence oooooozing from him on the changeovers.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2524 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42:39 AM »
I thought Fish was extremely tentative on breakpoints and went for a bit too much. He needed to have a bit more control in the rallies. It would have been nice had he won. He's good player and gives a lot of effort. I like players like him who are more solid than regularly inconsistent.

I fear for Nole. I wonder if he's going to see a serious downfall next year. Has too much to defend. I just don't feel he has the same mindset as Federer who was born to play tennis and reigned supreme year after year. I hope I am very wrong but Nole might get too content next year and too reluctant to defend all the titles. 
You are everything I am not.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2525 on: August 16, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Yeah, Mardy seemed a bit too eager on the BP's early on and I think that cost him some momentum.  One break for him in that first set might have changed the complexion of the match completely.  I was surprised to see him hanging with Nole during the baseline exchanges later in the match when he seemed to have adjusted his strategy a bit.  His consistency has definitely skyrocketed as a result of his improved fitness and movement.

Surely Nole will have tons of points to defend next year and we may well see a drop in rankings.  However, I think his tennis will continue to improve and he will still be a huge favorite in any tourney he enters.  I don't see his motivation dropping much next year.  I think he's waited a long time to be at the very pinnacle of the sport and will be very reluctant to relinquish any of his titles.  It will be fun to see who will rise to the challenge and succeed in wresting any of these titles from him.

Will Nadal find solutions to the DJoker's puzzle?
Will Fed occasionally take him out in a semi here or there?
Will Andy (not Roddick ;-()) step up to the plate?
Is there another challenger (DPot?) who can push him to the limit?
Fun stuff to think about while enjoying this fantastic season he's putting together as we speak!!!
CONK da ball!!!

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2526 on: August 16, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
I think there is something about his mental approach to the game  that has changed. Yes, Emma you right. I like your post. I, personally don't worry about the next year. Nole will be fine. He has achieved so much already.

You have to live (and enjoy) your life today.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2527 on: August 16, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »
Yeah, Mardy seemed a bit too eager on the BP's early on and I think that cost him some momentum.  One break for him in that first set might have changed the complexion of the match completely.  I was surprised to see him hanging with Nole during the baseline exchanges later in the match when he seemed to have adjusted his strategy a bit.  His consistency has definitely skyrocketed as a result of his improved fitness and movement.

Surely Nole will have tons of points to defend next year and we may well see a drop in rankings.  However, I think his tennis will continue to improve and he will still be a huge favorite in any tourney he enters.  I don't see his motivation dropping much next year.  I think he's waited a long time to be at the very pinnacle of the sport and will be very reluctant to relinquish any of his titles.  It will be fun to see who will rise to the challenge and succeed in wresting any of these titles from him.

Fun stuff to think about while enjoying this fantastic season he's putting together as we speak!!!
who knows? Nadal is capable of beating anybody, but I think that Novak is moving so much better than him. Roger might surprise us are here and there but I don't think he will win any more majors. Murray is a bit of headcase. However, Nole was a headcase too, but look where he is now. So, it's all open.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2528 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
Nadal is capable of beating anybody, but I think that Novak is moving so much better than him. Roger might surprise us are here and there but I don't think he will win any more majors. Murray is a bit of headcase. However, Nole was a headcase too, but look where he is now. So, it's all open.

Never underestimate the maestro. :gleam:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2529 on: August 16, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
Nadal is capable of beating anybody, but I think that Novak is moving so much better than him. Roger might surprise us are here and there but I don't think he will win any more majors. Murray is a bit of headcase. However, Nole was a headcase too, but look where he is now. So, it's all open.

Never underestimate the maestro. :gleam:
:rofl_2:. That was too funny. I don't underestimate The Roger Guy. I just think he is at that point in his life when tennis is not his priority. He has his lovely Mirka and kids etc. I don't blame him  :)).

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2530 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »

2010 was apparently the worst year for Nole. Only won 2 minor hardcourt titles and lost 2 other (USO being one of them) only to bounce back this much this year. Quite telling how you can never really predict one's future espeically if the player has too much potential.

He's now won 9 titles: 5 on hard (including AO), 3 on clay and 1 on grass (Wimbledon) and the train has shown no sign of stopping any time soon. If he wins USO then he will most definitely go down in history as the most accomplished player in 1 single season if nothing. The bar is now too high to reach for anyone. Nothing is impossible though but this is a sign of pure genius.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #2531 on: August 17, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »
I just want to see him play well, enjoy his tennis and I'm sure the trophies will come.. With each match, the media frenzy grows; he will need all the inner peace he is showing this season, to last out the year.. What a player, what a season.. Go, Nole!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2532 on: August 17, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »
Hi Props, where have you been?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2533 on: August 17, 2011, 12:02:42 PM »
Some Federer and Nadal fans feel (MTF) that tennis will die after they retire since Nole is so boring. Tell you what, I wouldn't miss a thing, if I never saw either Federer or Nadal. Besides, how can you tell? Popularity grows as you become more and more successfull. Do you suppose either Federer or Nadal would have been this much popular if they he had won fewer slams or less successful? Nole has only won 3 Slams so far, but if he ends up winning a few more, he sure will have as big a fanbase as Nadal or Federer if not more. And this goes for any player out there. Pete wasn't popular at all at first and it was Andre who was always more fleshy and flamboyant and would draw the attention immediately. Pete became much more popular than Andre in the later stage, when he was far more successful while his personality remained the same. Besides, Nole is and will always be far more entertaining both on and off court personalitywise and that's on top of his superb game.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2534 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »
Some Federer and Nadal fans feel (MTF) that tennis will die after they retire since Nole is so boring. Tell you what, I wouldn't miss a thing, if I never saw either Federer or Nadal. Besides, how can you tell? Popularity grows as you become more and more successfull. Do you suppose either Federer or Nadal would have been this much popular if they he had won fewer slams or less successful? Nole has only won 3 Slams so far, but if he ends up winning a few more, he sure will have as big a fanbase as Nadal or Federer if not more. And this goes for any player out there. Pete wasn't popular at all at first and it was Andre who was always more fleshy and flamboyant and would draw the attention immediately. Pete became much more popular than Andre in the later stage, when he was far more successful while his personality remained the same. Besides, Nole is and will always be far more entertaining both on and off court personalitywise and that's on top of his superb game.
I hate MTF. I keep posting there as I love tennis. I've noticed the same thing. It's like life will be over after Rog/Rafa. I really respect all fans here. However, Novak is the  best player in the world. Got it? :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2535 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »
I hate MTF. I keep posting there as I love tennis. I've noticed the same thing. It's like life will be over after Rog/Rafa. I really respect all fans here. However, Novak is the  best player in the world. Got it? :rofl_2:

Got it!

I say we make an effort to invite some of the "good" posters from MTF and get them posting over here.  Not asking them to leave MTF, just asking them to spread some of the love.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2536 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »

Got it!

I say we make an effort to invite some of the "good" posters from MTF and get them posting over here.  Not asking them to leave MTF, just asking them to spread some of the love.  :)
Scott, there are too many kids there. I agree, we need more guys/gals here but I don't want this board to turn out to anything even close to MTF  :). I thank you for keeping  this board alive. We respect one another here  :). Maybe we don't have as many members but the quality is what it matters  ://
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:53:07 PM by Alex »

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2537 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »
OMG, I love him. What a fool. This a new one. YOU MUST see it.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY3Rezd_oZw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:15:05 PM by Alex »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2538 on: August 18, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »

Got it!

Scott, there are too many kids there. I agree, we need more guys/gals here but I don't want this board to turn out to anything even close to MTF  :). I thank you for keep this board alive. We respect one another here  :). Maybe we don't have as many members but the quality is what it matters  ://

200% agree!  But 2-3 extra good posters never hurt.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #2539 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
OMG, I love him. What a fool. This a new one. YOU MUST see it.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY3Rezd_oZw[/youtube]

OMG! I almost died laughing!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Nole, you clown.  :rofl_2:

oh, that was too good.