Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 168206 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »
It's good he has such an optimistic perspective about Nadal and clay......he will need it!
I agree with you 100%  :rofl_2: as I don't think Nole can beat Rafa on clay.

It would take a noticable let down in Nadal's play for Djokovic to beat him on clay, but it could happen I suppose.
dmas, Nole has the less difficult quarter in Montecarlo (Gasquet and Murray), then sf Federer or Nalbandian.
Rafa can face Ferrero in 3R, QF Ferrer!! and SF Davydenko!!

Nadal always gets a brutal draw on clay; I think it will actually fire up Nadal.......it would suck for him to get over confidence and get beat by Murray who is not known for his clay game. With Ferrero and Ferrer....he will not take it for granted.
yes, you must beat the best players to win a title...and you know how much I love matches between spanish players on clay.  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »
It's good he has such an optimistic perspective about Nadal and clay......he will need it!
I agree with you 100%  :rofl_2: as I don't think Nole can beat Rafa on clay.

It would take a noticable let down in Nadal's play for Djokovic to beat him on clay, but it could happen I suppose.
dmas, Nole has the less difficult quarter in Montecarlo (Gasquet and Murray), then sf Federer or Nalbandian.
Rafa can face Ferrero in 3R, QF Ferrer!! and SF Davydenko!!

Nadal always gets a brutal draw on clay; I think it will actually fire up Nadal.......it would suck for him to get over confidence and get beat by Murray who is not known for his clay game. With Ferrero and Ferrer....he will not take it for granted.
yes, you must beat the best players to win a title...and you know how much I love matches between spanish players on clay.  :)

The problem for Nadal's opponent's on clay is that Nadal can make a tough draw look easy.  I am  anxious to see how Nole does on clay this year though...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Djokovic should get the semis with this kind of draw with no problem but this tourny is still Rafas.

Nalbandian - Federer quarterfinal should be fun  :)>>>>

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »
I'm with Novak all the way. Nole has had enough rest from prev tourney so I think he'll be ready. He's not the kind to let rest a 2nd round defeat (in Miami) so he's definitely gonna come back with more fervour, plus there's homegrd advantage so he'll be more comfortable here (i think - not sure where nadal resides). I hope he'll take this Monte Carlos title even though Nadal may be the king of clay. i'm looking for an upset here.  :)~

but even if he loses, it'll spur him to work harder into Roland Garros which can only be a good thing.
if he wins, i hope he don't get too complacent (like Miami).. but work his way up in Roland Garros anyhow with that self-confidence he has.  ;-()

GO NOVAK!! :)>>>>
Outdo the outdone.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2008, 01:31:13 PM »
Nole in Monte Carlo.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »
Nole in Monte Carlo.

Gee, do you think that room has enough flowers!? :lmao:  flowers on the wall, floor, bed, etc. etc.! 

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2008, 02:35:45 PM »
Dallas, you are hilarious, I didn't even notice the "flowers" before you pointed them out  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:38:08 PM by Alex999 »

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

I didn't realize that Djokovic lives in Monte Carlo. 

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

yeah, I'm sure he can afford to live there  :)). I've read on the other board that he is so popular in Serbia that he literally can't have any privacy there.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »

yeah, I'm sure he can afford to live there  :)). I've read on the other board that he is so popular in Serbia that he literally can't have any privacy there.

It's tax free for the most part. A lot of pros lived their during their big earning days. Boris Becker, Stephan Edberg to name a couple.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
Didn't Boris get nailed for a ton of tax crap a few years ago?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2008, 06:33:47 PM »
Didn't Boris get nailed for a ton of tax crap a few years ago?

Wouldn't surprise me. He isn't used to having to do his taxes.  :whistling:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

It's tax free for the most part. A lot of pros lived their during their big earning days. Boris Becker, Stephan Edberg to name a couple.

Thats interesting to know. Thanks Alex and dmas.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:37:48 PM by tennisfan78 »

Offline buffmetube

• Tennis Player
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »
Hey guys  :bye1: I haven't checked in here in a while.  Wow, love the new pics!  It seems Novak isn't content to encroach on Federer's space on the court, now he wants to give him a run for his money in the fashion world!  Too bad they can duke it in a category like men's swimwear.  :whistle:

I'm pumped for clay season.  I love Nadal but so far his 2008 has been iffy.  Federer needs to bounce back pronto and Nole wants to maintain his momentum.  Should be interesting to see how the next few months play out in the ATP tour.  :)

BTW, I'm Jimmy in case y'all forgot.  :)>>>> :)) 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
Hey guys  :bye1: I haven't checked in here in a while.  Wow, love the new pics!  It seems Novak isn't content to encroach on Federer's space on the court, now he wants to give him a run for his money in the fashion world!  Too bad they can duke it in a category like men's swimwear.  :whistle:

I'm pumped for clay season.  I love Nadal but so far his 2008 has been iffy.  Federer needs to bounce back pronto and Nole wants to maintain his momentum.  Should be interesting to see how the next few months play out in the ATP tour.  :)

Welcome back Jimmy.... Post away....I'm not a Nadal fan but I wouldn't worry about him during the clay season.  This is his territory.  But I'm sure Alex will be mad that we're talking about Nadal in Nole's thread! :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »

Welcome back Jimmy.... Post away....I'm not a Nadal fan but I wouldn't worry about him during the clay season.  This is his territory.  But I'm sure Alex will be mad that we're talking about Nadal in Nole's thread! :rofl_2:
nah, it's all good. Welcome back Jimmy  :))

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »

Now the real crime would have been to post a Nadal picture in the Nole thread. :nono:

Whoops! Sorry.... Did I do that????  :innocent:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »

Hi Jimmy,  welcome back to T4U again.  Yes, the next few months should be very exciting :H   Post away and have a blast with us.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »

Now the real crime would have been to post a Nadal picture in the Nole thread. :nono:

You're gonna get it now! :rofl_2:

Well guys... I'm out for the night.  See you guys tomorrow (in the Roger Federer thread) :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »

You're gonna get it now! :rofl_2:

Well guys... I'm out for the night.  See you guys tomorrow (in the Roger Federer thread) :rofl_2:

I'm shaking in my boots (and I don't even wear boots).  :scared: :rofl_2:

An ambition fulfilled