Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 178000 times)

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2008, 01:16:45 AM »
nice pic.  :))

i'm keen to see nole build a better head to head ratio against federer.  :rofl_2:
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
Here's a stat that I didn't know about Novak:

2008 Monte Carlo SF Federer 3-6 2-3 RET
2008 DC RUS vs SRB Davydenko 6-4 6-3 4-6 RET
2007 Wimbledon SF Nadal 6-3 1-6 1-4 RET
2006 Umag F Wawrinka 6-6(1) RET
2006 Roland Garros QF Nadal 4-6 4-6 RET
2005 Roland Garros R64 Coria 4-6 2-6 2-3 RET

For Djokovic's fans... don't you think that is a high amount of retirements?  Maybe it really is physical?  For someone to be so young, 6 retirements already?  Boy that seems like a lot.  Any comments?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2008, 01:29:23 PM »

For Djokovic's fans... don't you think that is a high amount of retirements?  Maybe it really is physical?  For someone to be so young, 6 retirements already?  Boy that seems like a lot.  Any comments?

No disrespect to Novak but thats just ridiculous to say the least, especially so early in his career and even more so when you consider Fed has never retired or withdrawn from any match in his career and nor did Sampras! At least 3 of those matches he should have finished and just done the right thing.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

No disrespect to Novak but thats just ridiculous to say the least, especially so early in his career and even more so when you consider Fed has never retired or withdrawn from any match in his career and nor did Sampras! At least 3 of those matches he should have finished and just done the right thing.
I agree  :rain:. I don't know what to say. I've read on the other board that Serena is as bad as Djokovic. He seems to be very fragile. I think it's more mental, but what do I know (he did have a surgery to fix his breathing problems..).

Offline britbox

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

I agree  :rain:. I don't know what to say. I've read on the other board that Serena is as bad as Djokovic. He seems to be very fragile. I think it's more mental, but what do I know (he did have a surgery to fix his breathing problems..).

I think it's more mental too.  He basically quit out there today.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »
Well, at least he's still young.  He can change!

Gee...am I defending Djokovic! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
NOVAK DJOKOVIC

R. Federer b.NOVAK DJOKOVIC 6 3, 3 2 Rit.

Clicca qui per leggere la traduzione

Q. Whatís the problem, Novak?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I didnít feel good for last three days. Iíve been waking up with some sore throat. But I thought itís not going to be nothing special.
But obviously when youíre playing against the No. 1 player of the world, you obviously get a lot of balls back and longer points, and I just couldnít get enough energy back after each point. I needed a lot of time. And I just decided not to risk anything.

Q. Can you just talk about your symptoms. Do you feel sick? Is it just a sore throat?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, itís a sore throat. I feel dizziness a little bit in the last three days. I donít know. Doctor in the tournament couldnít give me the right diagnosis. Iíll check as soon as possible.

Q. Considering that, did you do well to actually get to the semifinal itself then? Did you do above what you could have possibly done to get to today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think I could go even more. But, unfortunately, physically today I wasnít ready enough. Iím really disappointed that I had to finish this way. Feel sorry for the crowd and for everybody. In the first place, for me.
But, you know, I always put health in the first place. Semifinal is a great result. No doubt about that. Iím not extremely disappointed. You know, itís a good result to come in the best four of a strong tournament.

Q. Any fever at all?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not for now, hopefully. I donít know.

Q. You were already sick in the first set of the previous match.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, itís always like this. Last three days, as I said. But the previous opponents were not, you know, not that tough and I didnít have long rallies against the previous opponents like I had today.
Obviously I needed that step further and to do something more and special to win the points today. Of course, itís normal, youíre playing against the best player in the world. And, unfortunately, I couldnít do that.
But, you know, I have to look on the bright side.

Q. And you have to look at the season, as well, because the clay court season is a very tough season, very demanding. If youíre going to be in peak condition for Paris, you have to take care of yourself.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Sure, sure. Thatís a task I need to think about very seriously in the future, especially in the next couple of days. Iím gonna have a week before Rome. So hopefully I can be ready.

Q. How did Roger look to you, facing him for the first time since Melbourne?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: He looks good. He was more aggressive than in Melbourne. I think he stepped up more. He was more patient. And I think I made some crucial mistakes in that first set. I had some chances on 3 All I think or 2 All, some breakpoints. Unfortunately in the end, physically I didnít hold on. You know, in them moments, when you just need to stay patient and just play another ball back, I wanted to finish up with the return. So resulted with a mistake.

Q. So when today did you start to feel it?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, from the start I didnít feel so great. But, obviously, on the start of the match you feel, you know, fresh still somehow. But then after a while, after five, six games, after long points, started to feel more and more worse. I was thinking about, you know, stopping even after the first set. But, you know, I just wanted to try and see how it goes.
But itís not worth it, you know. Iím just 20 years old. Still a lot of time, a lot of tournaments to come.

Q. After three days, nobody knows what it is exactly?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. Just I thought itís nothing serious. You know, on the matches, I played well and I felt okay afterwards. I asked doctor yesterday. But he said I donít have nothing, which I really donít believe. I think he didnít give me the right diagnosis, obviously. Iíll check as soon as possible.

Offline mogdesai

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
Well, at least he's still young.  He can change!

Gee...am I defending Djokovic! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Nadal is only 21 and almost as young as Djoko but what a difference between the attitude and class between the two.
Nadal at his age is in a class with roger.

Offline Magellan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »
Djokovic fan here but am not even going to try to defend this one. Total disgrace - he knew he was going to lose and didn't want to give Roger the satisfaction. Weak, unprofessional, selfish and a kick in the teeth to both Roger and the 9000+ paying spectators.

He needs to re-think his attitude smartish. I am furious.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
Well, I'm not a Djokovic fan, but I think his fans have said it all.  Thumbs up to you all for being objective. :applause: :thumbs-up:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2008, 06:58:37 PM »
Well, I'm not a Djokovic fan, but I think his fans have said it all.  Thumbs up to you all for being objective. :applause: :thumbs-up:
I actually feel embarrassed (yes, I know I didn't do anything wrong). I'm trying to see a bigger picture here, but it's difficult ...I simply like Djokovic's game so much and I really believe he is a good kid. I may even stay away from the board for a while as I really feel uncomfortable right now.   

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »
I actually feel embarrassed (yes, I know I didn't do anything wrong). I'm trying to see a bigger picture here, but it's difficult ...I simply like Djokovic's game so much and I really believe he is a good kid. I may even stay away from the board for a while as I really feel uncomfortable right now.   

Don't you dare stay away!!!! YOU didn't do anything and even though we love our players - it's just a game!!!!!  So I better see your post here as usual!  And that's an order! :)>>>>

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
I second that command!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline mogdesai

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

Alex, you dont have to feel embarrassed atall. We all have a player we like and they do behave or perform differently.
Hang in there with your liking.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
See Alex!  Everyone wants you to stay!  You can still follow your favorite player all you want  - that's good to stick with him through thick and thin (you know I do for Roger, Chris does for Maria, sid for Murray, etc.)... Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Hang in there.  Heck, if I can hang in there with what some posters say about Roger - this thing with Djokovic is a piece of cake! :rofl_2:

We want you here!!!!! Please stay Alex!!!!! :daisies:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »
See Alex!  Everyone wants you to stay!  You can still follow your favorite player all you want  - that's good to stick with him through thick and thin (you know I do for Roger, Chris does for Maria, sid for Murray, etc.)... Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Hang in there.  Heck, if I can hang in there with what some posters say about Roger - this thing with Djokovic is a piece of cake! :rofl_2:

I will, thank you. Djokovic is just literally getting crucified right now everywhere. I can't believe that so many people hate him so much. I don't understand why this young man is so bad.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 07:54:33 PM by Alex999 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

I will, thank you. Djokovic is just literally getting crucified right now everywhere. I can't believe that so many people hate him so much. I don't understand why this young man is so bad.

It's the nature of the fan(atic). They love you one day then are viscious the next. Look at Tsonga and all the people who proclaimed him the next big thing in tennis, and Bags before him. Two Australian Open finalist, target for tennis history, now missing in action in later tournament rounds. Forgotten.
Just hang for a few weeks, they'll be back on the bandwagon after a victory or two.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol CrŤme (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

I know how you feel.  When Roger started losing to every jack in the books, I sometimes hated to even log on a computer - and wanted to especially stay away from tennis sites... but you know what - it will pass.  Tennis fans seem to get on the "what's happening now" band wagon.  As soon as Djokovic wins another match - everyone will be back proclaiming him as the next #1.  That's just the way it goes!  So as fans - we just have to weather the storm, hang in there with our favorites, and move on... It'll pass!  Believe me - I've learned that well this year as a Federer fan! :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »
Dmast - I see we were basically thinking the same thing as we both typed! :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »
Dmast - I see we were basically thinking the same thing as we both typed! :rofl_2:

I'm not sure if I should be flattered, or scared.  :Confused:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol CrŤme (I Pity Inanimate Objects)