Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 185576 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »
Dmast - I see we were basically thinking the same thing as we both typed! :rofl_2:

I'm not sure if I should be flattered, or scared.  :Confused:

:Sword Fight: :)>>>>

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2008, 08:06:02 PM »
Dmast - I see we were basically thinking the same thing as we both typed! :rofl_2:

I was right with the second one ....  :scared:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol CrŤme (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »

:rofl_2:  OK... we better stop before we get tagged as  thread hijackers! :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #403 on: April 26, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

:rofl_2:  OK... we better stop before we get tagged as  thread hijackers! :rofl_2:

You're the one who brought out the guns.  :innocent:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol CrŤme (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2008, 01:51:26 AM »
See Alex!  Everyone wants you to stay!  You can still follow your favorite player all you want  - that's good to stick with him through thick and thin (you know I do for Roger, Chris does for Maria, sid for Murray, etc.)... Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Hang in there.  Heck, if I can hang in there with what some posters say about Roger - this thing with Djokovic is a piece of cake! :rofl_2:

We want you here!!!!! Please stay Alex!!!!! :daisies:
I will, thank you. Djokovic is just literally getting crucified right now everywhere. I can't believe that so many people hate him so much. I don't understand why this young man is so bad.

Yeah Alex you're not going anywhere, you've got to stick with us and just forget all about Monte Carlo and the incident yesterday. It wasn't you that pulled the plug on the match, and you've not tried to defend him for his actions, and a few of us commented on your sportsmanship so you've ABSOLUTELY nothing to feel embarrassed about  :) Djoko will learn over time to accept defeats the real way and stick with us and Djoko and you'll start to see your rewards and keep enjoying this place. I spent over 16 months where everyday almost I was defending and sticking up for Maria first time I was around here, as anybody who was here then will tell you how many Williams fans we had- and that was some rivalry and hatred built up there. Most annoying thing was Maria never warrented the comments. I know you'll stick with Djoko through thick and thin as I did and do with Maria so somewhere down the line this is a distant memory  :) You're staying right here Alex with us  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2008, 03:29:05 AM »
I'm just wondering, has Federer been asked what he thought of the retirement? If so, what's he said?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2008, 03:47:11 AM »
I'm just wondering, has Federer been asked what he thought of the retirement? If so, what's he said?
Dallas posted the interview in the Federer topic:

Q. You seem to have these guys in the top four falling in front of you, not finishing their matches.
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I donít know what to say, you know. Itís strange. This happens three times in four tournaments really that somebody pulled out. So itís unusual.
You know, I mean, if you look back, I havenít had that many walkovers throughout my career. But itís obviously more strange against top players, like Nikolay and Novak.
Thereís not much I can do about it. From my end, I played well today. It was a solid performance. Iím looking forward to the finals, obviously.

Q. Was it obvious to you he was ill?
ROGER FEDERER: No. I didnít see anything anyway from my side till when he called the doctor. It made me remember that, you know, he really sort of had at 40 Love at 5 3, I think it was, he just let his head hang a little bit. I thought that was more in disappointment, you know. So maybe it was more also because of the sickness. I donít know.
But I didnít feel like he was playing, you know, too sick. Obviously after calling the doctor, you know, you have a tendency to have him under the microscope, you know, and then you might see some signs. But then, you know, Iím in a moment where I try to block that out and continue the way I did play.
I didnít think it was that extreme. Same as Davydenko last week. I mean, I didnít see any big signs till the moment they all of a sudden retired.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Magellan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2008, 03:48:59 AM »
Alex999 et al - just want to say I'm not a bandwagonner (sp?) and will continue to support Nole no matter what - I think he has a brilliant future ahead of him which is why spineless displays such as this cut so deep.

He first came to my attention in the Davis Cup tie against Switzerland in September 2006; I have followed him with keen interest ever since and he is now my favourite player by some distance. But yesterday's shenanigans cannot and should not be condoned by anyone who wishes him well, nor indeed by anyone who loves tennis and cares about its image in the wider world.

I usually post in MTF  - I'm Herdwick there - and I agree it's bit too vitriolic over there right now.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2008, 03:49:21 AM »
Interesting, so Roger is with most of the people here that it didnt really seem like anything was wrong with Novak whatsoever.

Offline Magellan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2008, 04:11:18 AM »
Well watching at the end of the first set - just before he asked for the medical advice - he did look rather downbeat but I put that down to his being about to lose the first set to Fed! I had noticed him doing his breathing and stretching exercises at the changeovers earlier but he often does that.

When the doc came out after the first set I thought 'oh no  - here we go again; surely he won't retire here' and when he lost his first service game at the start of the second I feared it. Then he broke back to love playing superbly and I thought we'd have a match on our hands. Then he lost his serve again and promptly retired. There was nothing to suggest he was dead on his feet.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »
Alex999 et al - just want to say I'm not a bandwagonner (sp?) and will continue to support Nole no matter what - I think he has a brilliant future ahead of him which is why spineless displays such as this cut so deep.

He first came to my attention in the Davis Cup tie against Switzerland in September 2006; I have followed him with keen interest ever since and he is now my favourite player by some distance. But yesterday's shenanigans cannot and should not be condoned by anyone who wishes him well, nor indeed by anyone who loves tennis and cares about its image in the wider world.

I usually post in MTF  - I'm Herdwick there - and I agree it's bit too vitriolic over there right now.
Hey, it's good to see you here. Welcome to the board. I think you like it here as people are respectful and nice.

Offline Magellan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »
Thank you - sailing in more tranquil waters would be welcome at present.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
See Alex!  Everyone wants you to stay!  You can still follow your favorite player all you want  - that's good to stick with him through thick and thin (you know I do for Roger, Chris does for Maria, sid for Murray, etc.)... Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Hang in there.  Heck, if I can hang in there with what some posters say about Roger - this thing with Djokovic is a piece of cake! :rofl_2:

I will, thank you. Djokovic is just literally getting crucified right now everywhere. I can't believe that so many people hate him so much. I don't understand why this young man is so bad.
Did you see the freakin' match? :Confused: :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2008, 11:30:16 PM »

Did you see the freakin' match? :Confused: :confused1:
yeah, I did and I expressed my opinion in the Monte Carlo thread (if you are interested check it out, I wasn't nice at all).

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
Well, I'm not a Djokovic fan, but I think his fans have said it all.  Thumbs up to you all for being objective. :applause: :thumbs-up:
I actually feel embarrassed (yes, I know I didn't do anything wrong). I'm trying to see a bigger picture here, but it's difficult ...I simply like Djokovic's game so much and I really believe he is a good kid. I may even stay away from the board for a while as I really feel uncomfortable right now.   

OMG! O M G!!!

What the hell's going on here?!?!? Did someone touch you inappropriately?

You people couldn't walk in the shoes of a Marat Safin fan for a freakin' minute--I'm sticking that finger at you Fedfans, too, if you didn't see it.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2008, 11:46:54 PM »
Well, I'm not a Djokovic fan, but I think his fans have said it all.  Thumbs up to you all for being objective. :applause: :thumbs-up:
I actually feel embarrassed (yes, I know I didn't do anything wrong). I'm trying to see a bigger picture here, but it's difficult ...I simply like Djokovic's game so much and I really believe he is a good kid. I may even stay away from the board for a while as I really feel uncomfortable right now.   

OMG! O M G!!!

You people couldn't walk in the shoes of a Marat Safin fan for a freakin' minute--I'm sticking that finger at you Fedfans, too, if you didn't see it.
:rofl_2: I was a little bit sensitive yesterday, I know.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »

OMG! O M G!!!

:rofl_2: I was a little bit sensitive yesterday, I know.

:rofl_2:

I knew you'd take it the way it was meant. You're a good kid, Alex  :H
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline buffmetube

• Tennis Player
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2008, 12:43:25 AM »
Wow dramarama in Nole World.  :\ 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2008, 01:17:45 AM »
Wow dramarama in Nole World.  :\ 
yeah (guilty as charged  :rofl_2:), good too see you again, nice sig  :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2008, 04:31:20 AM »
Djokovic hits out at "spoiled" Brits

-Jeremy Stahl / Eurosport-
Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic has launched a scathing criticism of Britain's young tennis players describing them as "spoiled."

"I don't know if I should have the expression 'spoiled', but in the UK a lot of kids are a little bit spoiled because of all the conditions they have, so they don't know the real meaning of the tennis, and they don't work hard enough," Serbia's Djokovic told BBC's Inside Sport.

"If you have perfect conditions and everything you want, you get a little bit spoiled and then you don't want to work as hard as you're supposed to."

The world number three stunned defending champion Roger Federer in the semi-finals at Melbourne at the start of the year before going onto claim his nation's first-ever Grand Slam singles title.

Djokovic said that Britain's tennis programme, which currently only has world number 19 Andy Murray in the top-100 of the ATP rankings, could turn its prospects around with a shift in mindset.

"You don't have the hunger for the success because you have everything on the plate," Djokovic said.

"I would say this is one of the biggest problems right now, but I think you have enough tennis history and enough people who have a big knowledge about tennis who will recognise the problem, and you still have a lot of potential and everything you need.

"You just have to find the right moment and to change the mentality of the coaches and the kids."

Though Djokovic criticised Britain's youth as a whole, he refused to hit out against former junior rival and longtime friend Murray, whom he described as a rival for the world's top-five.

"He has enough quality, enough talent, and enough potential to be a top-five player, and everybody expects him to do that," Djokovic said.

"But obviously he has so much pressure on him because Great Britain needs a champion, badly, and a Wimbledon champion especially, so they expect him to do that in the next couple of years, and obviously that creates some pressure.

"But, throughout his entire career, he's been mentally a very strong player, so I can expect that he's going to come fast to the top five."

Jeremy Stahl / Eurosport
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.