Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 183688 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #420 on: April 28, 2008, 05:51:30 AM »
 :rofl_2:
Yeah, HIS hunger for success was on display yesterday..... :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #421 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53:15 AM »
See Alex!  Everyone wants you to stay!  You can still follow your favorite player all you want  - that's good to stick with him through thick and thin (you know I do for Roger, Chris does for Maria, sid for Murray, etc.)... Nothing to be embarrassed about!  Hang in there.  Heck, if I can hang in there with what some posters say about Roger - this thing with Djokovic is a piece of cake! :rofl_2:

We want you here!!!!! Please stay Alex!!!!! :daisies:
I will, thank you. Djokovic is just literally getting crucified right now everywhere. I can't believe that so many people hate him so much. I don't understand why this young man is so bad.
Did you see the freakin' match? :Confused: :confused1:
yeah, I did and I expressed my opinion in the Monte Carlo thread (if you are interested check it out, I wasn't nice at all).
Well, I guess I don't understand why you don't 'believe' or 'understand' why people dislike this fellow then.... :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »
None of us are supporting a perfect player... not even Fedfans.

- Roger is arrogant, won't stay in the same hotels the other plays do because he's "too good", wastes money on high dollar hair cuts, play is going downhill fast because he's getting "old"

- Rafa, a dirtballer, a would-be hard court player, dresses funny and removes wedgies continuously,

- Djoker, we all know the problems here

- Davydenko, possible cheat, boring

etc.

down to and including Nalby who eats too many burgers, same for Baggy, Murray's a wimp, Gasquet will never live up to his potential.

I don't think there's a player out there that could be "clean" on a computer forum, there's always a group of nay sayers that will find a problem.

Stick with your man as long as you want, most of us know the feeling of having our favorite player commit an infraction that made us wonder about our loyalty and left us a bit embarassed.

:Confused:  It's the way we roll!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #423 on: April 28, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »

- Roger is arrogant, won't stay in the same hotels the other plays do because he's "too good", wastes money on high dollar hair cuts, play is going downhill fast because he's getting "old"

- Rafa, a dirtballer, a would-be hard court player, dresses funny and removes wedgies continuously,

etc.

down to and including Nalby who eats too many burgers, same for Baggy, Murray's a wimp, Gasquet will never live up to his potential.

I don't think there's a player out there that could be "clean" on a computer forum, there's always a group of nay sayers that will find a problem.

Stick with your man as long as you want, most of us know the feeling of having our favorite player commit an infraction that made us wonder about our loyalty and left us a bit embarassed.

Hey, at least you guys only have to hear those things about your favorite PLAYER.  Being a Fed fan mean we have to endure it when they talk about Mirka as well.  What other "lady friend" gets scrutinized so much as Mirka!  So we have it double! :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #424 on: April 28, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »
Djokovic hits out at "spoiled" Brits

-Jeremy Stahl / Eurosport-
Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic has launched a scathing criticism of Britain's young tennis players describing them as "spoiled."

"I don't know if I should have the expression 'spoiled', but in the UK a lot of kids are a little bit spoiled because of all the conditions they have, so they don't know the real meaning of the tennis, and they don't work hard enough," Serbia's Djokovic told BBC's Inside Sport.

"If you have perfect conditions and everything you want, you get a little bit spoiled and then you don't want to work as hard as you're supposed to."

The world number three stunned defending champion Roger Federer in the semi-finals at Melbourne at the start of the year before going onto claim his nation's first-ever Grand Slam singles title.

Djokovic said that Britain's tennis programme, which currently only has world number 19 Andy Murray in the top-100 of the ATP rankings, could turn its prospects around with a shift in mindset.

"You don't have the hunger for the success because you have everything on the plate," Djokovic said.

"I would say this is one of the biggest problems right now, but I think you have enough tennis history and enough people who have a big knowledge about tennis who will recognise the problem, and you still have a lot of potential and everything you need.

"You just have to find the right moment and to change the mentality of the coaches and the kids."

Though Djokovic criticised Britain's youth as a whole, he refused to hit out against former junior rival and longtime friend Murray, whom he described as a rival for the world's top-five.

"He has enough quality, enough talent, and enough potential to be a top-five player, and everybody expects him to do that," Djokovic said.

"But obviously he has so much pressure on him because Great Britain needs a champion, badly, and a Wimbledon champion especially, so they expect him to do that in the next couple of years, and obviously that creates some pressure.

"But, throughout his entire career, he's been mentally a very strong player, so I can expect that he's going to come fast to the top five."

Jeremy Stahl / Eurosport

I saw this earlier today and Djoko is going to be on a Sports programme over here within the next week or two, and what he says about the Brits and everything that goes with them is absolutely true. This is something I've said for a long time and one of the biggest factors why I believe we hardly ever produce good players now.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

I saw this earlier today and Djoko is going to be on a Sports programme over here within the next week or two, and what he says about the Brits and everything that goes with them is absolutely true. This is something I've said for a long time and one of the biggest factors why I believe we hardly ever produce good players now.

It's true for Americans as well. Though the US program has been a bit more successful, we have a somewhat larger pool of talent to draw from.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »

etc.

Hey, at least you guys only have to hear those things about your favorite PLAYER.  Being a Fed fan mean we have to endure it when they talk about Mirka as well.  What other "lady friend" gets scrutinized so much as Mirka!  So we have it double! :rofl_2:

I know you're just funnin'... but let's play with this for one minute. Start NOW

*Venus has Serena and Richard
*Dokic her father
*Maria and her father
*Novak his parents
*Rafa has Toni

TIME

And you complain about the heat you get for Mirka?!?! Really?!?!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:01 PM »

etc.

I know you're just funnin'... but let's play with this for one minute. Start NOW

*Dokic her father
*Maria and her father
*Novak his parents
*Rafa has Toni

TIME

Well - now that you put it in perspective... :paper bag:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #428 on: April 28, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »

etc.

*Dokic her father
*Maria and her father
*Novak his parents
*Rafa has Toni

TIME

wow, this Babblelot is good.  :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #429 on: April 29, 2008, 12:56:03 AM »

It's true for Americans as well. Though the US program has been a bit more successful, we have a somewhat larger pool of talent to draw from.

Too true Dmas, with countries like the USA and Britain being as they how, and ecomically strong, plenty of easier good career jobs around and having great facilities the youngsters of the 2 countries just take it completely for granted and don't fight and really put the work in. A real shame when its all there on a plate for youngsters instead of having to travel thousands of miles to a foreign country at a young age or playing in a swimming pool.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline xerox0001

• Tennis Player
« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »
novak is a disgrace!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »
novak is a disgrace!!

OK, you called Roger "classless"; Novak a "disgrace"... is there anyone you actually LIKE in tennis?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
Good one from Jon Wertheim in this week's Ad-in/Ad-out column on www.si.com, under "deuce" :

Novak Djokovic
Reached the semis in Monte Carlo and then ... you know, I have a bit of a scratchy throat and don't much feel like finishing this column.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2008, 10:05:40 AM »
I found this stat interesting:

Here's the complete article:

http://www.tennis.com/features/general/features.aspx?id=127724
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:06:34 AM by Dallas »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:29 PM »

I do not like your article, OK  :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »

I kind of like how they stuck Blake & Federer in there at zero. I wonder how many other players have a record of zero losses through retirement.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2008, 12:08:03 AM »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
With Nole being such a puss, I'm sure he wouldn't know what to do with the young lady in the bottom pic...... :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2008, 11:20:56 PM »

I kind of like how they stuck Blake & Federer in there at zero. I wonder how many other players have a record of zero losses through retirement.

Probably a lot but I think they were concentrating on the players near or in the top 10.