Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 177991 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
If Novak def. Tsonga he will have something like 5165 points. Rafa has 5980 and Roger 6630.
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

I mean this is crazy. These 3 are the most dominant players in Tennis history I think. Anyone?

this is what the men`s tennis has been missing. if we can get one more in the mix here, it really gets interesting.

Hi hercules this is just what tennis needs right now,its much more interesting when more than 2 are in the mix :))i pray it will be like this ://

By the way, should Tsonga win, he'll be inside the Top 10   :cool:    very  :H

WOW! what a rise that would be. didn't realise he'd go quite that high  ://

I didn't do the math. That's what ESPN reported the other night. I'll go out on a limb and give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, perhaps at my own peril.   :rofl_2: 
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:13 AM »
If Novak def. Tsonga he will have something like 5165 points. Rafa has 5980 and Roger 6630.
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

I mean this is crazy. These 3 are the most dominant players in Tennis history I think. Anyone?

this is what the men`s tennis has been missing. if we can get one more in the mix here, it really gets interesting.

Hi hercules this is just what tennis needs right now,its much more interesting when more than 2 are in the mix :))i pray it will be like this ://

I didn't do the math. That's what ESPN reported the other night. I'll go out on a limb and give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, perhaps at my own peril.   :rofl_2: 

uhm i bet you wouldn't put any money on it being correct though?  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

I would, mainly because I did do the math, and it's true. He'll go 9th if he wins, with Murray, Robredo and Gonzalez being displaced from the top-10, replaced by Youzhny(8th), Tsonga(9th) and Blake(10th). Should Tsonga lose the final, he'll be 17th, with Nalbandian in 10th.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »
Some big news in the rankings:

Mikhail Youzhny will move up to a career-high 8th in the world.
Juan Carlos Ferrero moves up to 15th, the highest he's been since October 2004.*
Tommy Robredo moves down to 17th, the lowest he's been since April 2006.*
Lleyton Hewitt moves back into the top-20
Ivan Ljubicic slips to 22nd, only 10 points and 1 place ahead of Ivo Karlovic, who's threatening for the Croatian #1 spot.
Fernando Gonzalez goes down to 24th place after failing to defend his final place from last year.
Tommy Haas has gone way down to 27th in the rankings.

*Will go down 1 more place if Tsonga beats Djokovic.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

I would, mainly because I did do the math, and it's true. He'll go 9th if he wins, with Murray, Robredo and Gonzalez being displaced from the top-10, replaced by Youzhny(8th), Tsonga(9th) and Blake(10th). Should Tsonga lose the final, he'll be 17th, with Nalbandian in 10th.

Nice maths indeed Kick, good stuff and even better for Tsonga to rise all the way upto 9th if he wins, thats just an absolutely huge jump in just 2 weeks  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

Nice maths indeed Kick, good stuff and even better for Tsonga to rise all the way upto 9th if he wins, thats just an absolutely huge jump in just 2 weeks  :)

It is indeed, and the only way is up from here, as he doesn't have a lot to defend while he'll generally have high seedings. However, if he doesn't defend this next year...well, look at Gonzalez.

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
I think Tsonga can afford to not defend here next year if he picks up some points at the other 3 grand slams.  If he can keep up this form, he can do some serious damage at Wimbledon and the US Open.  I haven't seen him play on clay too much but he will get the crowd support at Roland Garros. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
That's going to be the key and the definig aspect as far as Tsonga is concerned as its fine having a good run here and beating some really tough opposition but its even more important as a result of that he backs it up at the other 3 Grand Slams, or at least 2 of them and does pretty well week in week out on the regular Tour, until I've seen that I'm pretty unsure as to whether or not Tsonga will get to the top 5 and remain there. Its a trully great start from him and there's so many good signs but I need to see more from him before I'm decided.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

For some of you.... Not for me.  Wonder why? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:  I think tennis has been very interesting for the past 4 years! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

For some of you.... Not for me.  Wonder why? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:  I think tennis has been very interesting for the past 4 years! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Yeah I'd be saying the same about the WTA Tour for the last 4 years if Maria had the 4 years Roger has  :rofl_2: Although maybe when the titles don't come as often you cherrish them and get so much more emotional because its not somehting you expect to happen 3 times a year that sort of thing, although i'm certainly not turning down another 2 Slam titles for Maria this year  ;-()

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

Yeah I'd be saying the same about the WTA Tour for the last 4 years if Maria had the 4 years Roger has  :rofl_2: Although maybe when the titles don't come as often you cherrish them and get so much more emotional because its not somehting you expect to happen 3 times a year that sort of thing, although i'm certainly not turning down another 2 Slam titles for Maria this year  ;-()

That's what I mean.  If Nadal had been dominating for the past 4 years, I'm sure as heck that Herc would not see these years as being 'boring; or if Djokovic had won almost all the slams the past 2 or 3 years, you know his fans would be on cloud nine and would want that domination to last for years!  Or if Murray won 4 or 5 or more slams the past 2 or 3 or 4 years, you know sid wouldn't want anything to change and would say those were the best years in tennis!  So it's all in perspective if it's your favorite doing the domination.  You don't want anything to change at all and those years certainly would not have been boring in tennis for you.  And you certainly wouldn't say that player (your favorite) losing would be best for tennis because it's your favorite losing.

So I can understand all the other fans wanting new players in the mix and saying it's good for tennis, but selfishly, for me - that's the last thing I want to happen! :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

That's what I mean.  If Nadal had been dominating for the past 4 years, I'm sure as heck that Herc would not see these years as being 'boring; or if Djokovic had won almost all the slams the past 2 or 3 years, you know his fans would be on cloud nine and would want that domination to last for years!  Or if Murray won 4 or 5 or more slams the past 2 or 3 or 4 years, you know sid wouldn't want anything to change and would say those were the best years in tennis!  So it's all in perspective if it's your favorite doing the domination.  You don't want anything to change at all and those years certainly would not have been boring in tennis for you.  And you certainly wouldn't say that player (your favorite) losing would be best for tennis because it's your favorite losing.

So I can understand all the other fans wanting new players in the mix and saying it's good for tennis, but selfishly, for me - that's the last thing I want to happen! :rofl_2:
Well Dallas, at least you are honest about it  :)). I do expect Novak to win many slams. Why not. It's all good.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

Well Dallas, at least you are honest about it  :)). I do expect Novak to win many slams. Why not. It's all good.

Glad your boy won Alex!!

This is what we have now.

1) Fed trying to hold on and show he is still the clear favorite.

2) Nadal, still the clay court king, getting his points and trying to make some noise on hards.

3) Novak, wants to prove this is for real and trying to make a move on the rankings.

4) Nalby, don't forget he has some serious skills. Was derailed by back problems. Let's see if he has some commitment.

5) Now Tsonga, he knows he can play with some of the best, consistency is what he needs.

6) A few others are making some noise, Murray and Gasquet have had flashes of great tennis.

The first 2 show no signs of improving but have great games already and win where there supposed to usually (consistency).

The last 4 can improve somewhere, mentally, shotmaking, or consistency.

Djokovic has become more dangerous as he has gained confidence against the best, he fears no one and shouldn't as a top player.

Fed has it all still, consistency, no fear at anytime during a match(tipsarevic).
Only problem is being match ready( no sickness or injury).

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

And I'm sure you're hoping Sid that Murray can get amongst it all if he can have a good 2008 and maybe get a few kinder draws than in Melbourne  :)

murray did have a kind draw. he just did not take care of business. he beats tsonga and it is he who could have been in the finals. nadal just does not count on hard courts. some of his recent losses on hard courts are the worst of his career. this means that he has lost his way altoghether on hard courts.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

And I'm sure you're hoping Sid that Murray can get amongst it all if he can have a good 2008 and maybe get a few kinder draws than in Melbourne  :)

murray did have a kind draw. he just did not take care of business. he beats tsonga and it is he who could have been in the finals. nadal just does not count on hard courts. some of his recent losses on hard courts are the worst of his career. this means that he has lost his way altoghether on hard courts.

Yes a kind draw indeed but only once he'd got through the 1st round match. In terms of skill and almost ranking that was one of the very toughest opponents Murray could have got, especially in the 1st round of a Slam when the seeds usually take a match or 2 to really get into the tournament. That was a brutal first round match, even more so looking back and he only had the favourable draw once he'd negotiated that first one. Shame for Murray because if he'd pulled out that 4th tiebreak and took the match I wonder where he'd be now, as like you say from that point onwards he had a kind draw and one he'd be confident with. Murray needs to hit back quickly now though and look to have a good Indian Wells/Miami period and then build towards the French and Wimbledon because he can't afford another early exit on those 2 Grand Slams and thats the time of the year he can make some big points up as he's nothing at all to defend.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 10:09:42 AM »
 :toot:

Congrats NoleDjoke and Alex999   :king: :winner:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
 :)) :)) :)) :))

I still can't get over the win. It feels like a dream. Though I didn't win the tournament, I was celebrating with my friends... And I'm wondering how Nole is celebrating now.

:rofl_2:

I expect Nole to climb to world no. 2 this year... Nadal just looks a little out of shape esp. the way I saw Tsonga played him. In the near future, Nole will be world number 1.  He's still have a couple of experiences to get through, and most importantly, defending a GS title ain't easy. That's lotsa pressure. But tt'll be till next year. And so far, he's doing good. Now for FO, Wimbly and USO! :)

I do hope Tsonga breaks the curse of surprise runner ups in AO... Gonzalez and Baghdatis had difficulty defending theirs the following year's AO when they were the finalists.
Outdo the outdone.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
No dream. This was reality. This is what he has been building to for the last year plus. Like with Agassi before him this moment was a foregone conclusion. He is too good a player to not have a grand slam under his belt.
Congrats to Novak Djokovic. :applause:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »
:)) :)) :)) :))

I still can't get over the win. It feels like a dream. Though I didn't win the tournament, I was celebrating with my friends... And I'm wondering how Nole is celebrating now.

:rofl_2:

I expect Nole to climb to world no. 2 this year... Nadal just looks a little out of shape esp. the way I saw Tsonga played him. In the near future, Nole will be world number 1.  He's still have a couple of experiences to get through, and most importantly, defending a GS title ain't easy. That's lotsa pressure. But tt'll be till next year. And so far, he's doing good. Now for FO, Wimbly and USO! :)

I do hope Tsonga breaks the curse of surprise runner ups in AO... Gonzalez and Baghdatis had difficulty defending theirs the following year's AO when they were the finalists.

You got that right.  After last year people were expecting so much from Gonzalez, as well as the year before from Baghdatis and they both fizzled out and have not lived up to all that expectation.  We will see.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
1. Federer 6630
2. Nadal 5980
3. Djokovic 5165

All hell broke loose now. We have some real good matches coming up.
For those who wanted more competition, it's here.

It's about time  :)

Let's hope it lasts......................... :// ://
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa