Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 178372 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2008, 05:44:49 PM »
Thanks Swish  :)), nice article.

When I saw it I was thinking of the Novak fans, he must be feeling great bringing the 1st GS to his country!!!

He got what he earned.   :)

nole popularity is on the rise now. he is fast becoming a household name. i am inclined to believe that some additional big time endorsements are going to be coming his way now. he is also likely to renegotiate his contracts with existing sponsors.

He's looking at some big money coming his way.

With how his country's behind him I expect him to try even harder.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
Novak reminds me of myself 20 years ago (no I"m not a tennis player). It's too complicated I guess. I do love you all here.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »
Novak reminds me of myself 20 years ago (no I"m not a tennis player). It's too complicated I guess. I do love you all here.

thanks alex999. you and swishenstein are among my favorites.

Offline jyh9

• Tennis Player
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
i think hes kinda cocky and has bad manners... :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 12:07:04 AM »

thanks alex999. you and swishenstein are among my favorites.
same feeling here Herc, You are a highly intelligent person.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »
Maybee, but that's what champs do:-)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2008, 01:03:11 AM »

the guy is 20. i think he is growing up fast. he has shown nothing but class in his interviews after this slam.

also, if you dont show up with confidence, swagger, and a little bit of arroagance, you just dont get to take down someone as formidable as Fed. its just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:16:35 AM by hercules »

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2008, 01:49:21 AM »

the guy is 20. i think he is growing up fast. he has shown nothing but class in his interviews after this slam.

also, if you dont show with confidence, swagger, and a little bit of arroagance, you just dont get to take down someone as formidable as Fed. its just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster.
Your right, you have to let off a bit of arrogance but it was just a bit to much, specially his parents.
He'll grow up, no doubt  :)
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2008, 11:03:49 AM »

I agree, lets hope he grows out of that!   And yes, these top players need to be highly confident but compare Djoko to other players and I still think he is overly cocky................but, as I said he is young...........so, we'll cut him some slack! 

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

I agree, lets hope he grows out of that!   And yes, these top players need to be highly confident but compare Djoko to other players and I still think he is overly cocky................but, as I said he is young...........so, we'll cut him some slack! 

You cant beat Federer without confidence.

I dont think anyone here wants Djokovic to end up like Blake or Davydenko.  No hope of beating Federer even if he had a broken leg.

Conceit is needed to beat an ego king.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »

he is just one year removed feom being a teenager. i think he has shown great maturity already in terms what he has been able to achieve. it didnt just happen by chance.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:08 PM »

I dont think anyone here wants Djokovic to end up like Blake or Davydenko.  No hope of beating Federer even if he had a broken leg.

Exactly.    Federer and Djokovic BOTH have an ego, it is why they are champions along with their skills.  Nadal comes across as more humble but underneath I am sure there is a massive ego and arrogance to him as well.   It is a must for a champion.   Federer was just as egotistical after his recent losses to Djokovic and Novak was after the wins.    Federer himself is very arrogant and conceited in the way he thinks, and he is pi$$ed at losing to Novak, which he probably considers beneath him and determined to come back.   So it works that way for both players, and that is the attitude that champions have.   The most I have ever seen players be without that are majorly underachieving 1-time slam winners like Sabatini, Novotna, types.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 06:21:48 PM by kittens25 »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 06:32:35 PM »

Exactly.    Federer and Djokovic BOTH have an ego, it is why they are champions along with their skills.  Nadal comes across as more humble but underneath I am sure there is a massive ego and arrogance to him as well.   It is a must for a champion.   Federer was just as egotistical after his recent losses to Djokovic and Novak was after the wins.    Federer himself is very arrogant and conceited in the way he thinks, and he is pi$$ed at losing to Novak, which he probably considers beneath him and determined to come back.   So it works that way for both players, and that is the attitude that champions have.   The most I have ever seen players be without that are majorly underachieving 1-time slam winners like Sabatini, Novotna, types.

affirmative. it was djokovic who told Tipsy to not walk out on a court against Fed "waiving a white flag". he told him to take the fight to Fed.

ultimately that is what we all want to see anyway. i get tired of these remarks like "i dont have anything to lose when i play Fed". or that "I will just swing away and see what happens". or further still, "well he is the best in history".

wait until he retires to start worshipping him. right now he is an adversary so try to fight him the best you can.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:23:56 PM by hercules »

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

affirmative. it was djokovic who told Tipsy to not walk out on a court against Fed "waiving a white flag". he told him to take the fight to Fed.

ultimately that is what we all want to see anyway. i get tired of remarks of these remarks like "i dont have anything to lose when i play Fed". or that "I will just swing away and see what happens". or further still, "well he is the best in history".

wait until he retires to start worshipping him. right now he is an adversary so try to fight him the best you can.

So true.

The ATP players have to learn how to stand up to Federer for the good of the sport.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
I dont think the ATP players worship Federer.   The ATP is just very weak other then Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.    Nowhere near the depth of the 80s and 90s.  Most of them are just too weak in their games to beat them, except maybe on occasion their worst surfaces (eg-Nadal on hard courts, Djokovic on clay).    Players like Roddick and Davydenko dont always lose to Federer due to their attitude, they simply arent good enough players.
Roger plays badly against them on occasion playing great and still wins, so their attitudes are irrelevant.   The top 3 are just much better then the rest skill and game wise right now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:31:59 PM by kittens25 »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »
I dont think the ATP players worship Federer.   The ATP is just very weak other then Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.    Nowhere near the depth of the 80s and 90s.  Most of them are just too weak in their games to beat them, except maybe on occasion their worst surfaces (eg-Nadal on hard courts, Djokovic on clay).    Players like Roddick and Davydenko dont always lose to Federer due to their attitude, they simply arent good enough players.
Roger plays badly against them on occasion playing great and still wins, so their attitudes are irrelevant.   The top 3 are just much better then the rest skill and game wise right now.

well said and stated. that is a huge dynamic at play as well Kittens.

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2008, 07:07:04 AM »

So you believe the players are just bad compared to the 80s and 90s.
Not a good option for the ATP : a) bad tennis players or b) cowards in front of the Fed

Offline Yamor

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2008, 07:14:05 AM »
At least its not as bad as it was in the days between Sampras and Federer. In those days there was absolutly noone. At least now we have perhaps the greatest player of all time, perhaps the greatest clay courter of all time, and an incredible young talent, as well as a few others who could get up there in the next couple of years, i.e. Murray, Gasquet, Tsonga etc.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »

[/quote]
Excellent post Kittens. Agreed 100%.  :spot on:
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:24:22 PM by Alex999 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »

I agree, lets hope he grows out of that!   And yes, these top players need to be highly confident but compare Djoko to other players and I still think he is overly cocky................but, as I said he is young...........so, we'll cut him some slack! 

Exactly.    Federer and Djokovic BOTH have an ego, it is why they are champions along with their skills.  Nadal comes across as more humble but underneath I am sure there is a massive ego and arrogance to him as well.   It is a must for a champion.   Federer was just as egotistical after his recent losses to Djokovic and Novak was after the wins.    Federer himself is very arrogant and conceited in the way he thinks, and he is pi$$ed at losing to Novak, which he probably considers beneath him and determined to come back.   So it works that way for both players, and that is the attitude that champions have.   The most I have ever seen players be without that are majorly underachieving 1-time slam winners like Sabatini, Novotna, types.
Excellent post Kittens. Agreed 100%.  :spot on:

I think you're right kittens, that's what drives them.