Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 161666 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
I, personally, don't have a problem if you're arrogant, conceited, or whatever...but if you're going to act that way - you better back it up, otherwise it makes you looks stupid.  So far, Roger and Djokovic have backed up their talk...(Roger a little longer)... so just like someone said - it isn't bragging if you deliver the goods! ;-()

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
I, personally, don't have a problem if you're arrogant, conceited, or whatever...but if you're going to act that way - you better back it up, otherwise it makes you looks stupid.  So far, Roger and Djokovic have backed up their talk...(Roger a little longer)... so just like someone said - it isn't bragging if you deliver the goods! ;-()

Well Roger is arrogant and conceited, nice to know you can spot it in Roger!!!!

So I guess you are a fan of "arrogant" and conceited" people........(as long as they can back it up, of course)

I GUESS that is why you are not a devoted fan of Rafael Nadal then...................................

After JWT defeat at AO - Nadal declared him as "unbeleiveable" no...................................

No silly mind games, that his game is not good enough.............Just praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rafa not "arrogant" enough for you then  :)~
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline wihamilton

• Tennis Player
    • Fuzzy Yellow Balls
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »
I actually think Roger is rather humble.  I also think he is honest -- he'll let you know if he played great, mediocre, or poor.  Nothing wrong with that.  But some people may take statements like "man I played great today" as arrogance and, granted, he says it frequently because he level of play is so high.  But I prefer that to the behavior of someone like Roddick, who drops F-bombs regularly on the court.

As a more general point, all tennis players NEED to be arrogant on some level -- they have to believe in themselves entirely.  In any individual sport, if you don't think you are "the greatest," you're toast.  Tiger Woods isn't going to approach a potential tournament-winning put like this: "Ok, well, I'm pretty good... I mean I guess I could miss this, but whatever, I'll just do my best!"  Rather, he's thinking: "I'm Tiger Woods.  I own situations like this.  I hope they are fitting me for the jacket right now."  Sometimes this attitude spills over in interviews, which can sometimes be unfortunate.  Going back to R-Fed, I think he handles his ego extremely well.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
Plus, "man I played great today" is also kind of a way to compliment your opponent or rather to explain to him/her that the only reason I beat you or beat you easily was because "I played great today"!    You wouldn't want to be like "damn, I played horrible today", when you beat your opponent 6-2, 6-2!   How would that make your opponent feel!   

Offline rotini

• Tennis Player
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2008, 04:16:17 PM »
Plus, "man I played great today" is also kind of a way to compliment your opponent or rather to explain to him/her that the only reason I beat you or beat you easily was because "I played great today"!    You wouldn't want to be like "damn, I played horrible today", when you beat your opponent 6-2, 6-2!   How would that make your opponent feel!   
:rofl_2: Serena! ;-()
(Don't get me wrong I think her tennis is awesome [when her game is on]!)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »

:ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:48 PM »

What?  I am confused.  I was talking about Fed in response to the post above mine. 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »

What?  I am confused.  I was talking about Fed in response to the post above mine. 
:rofl_2: Keep going guys, this is awesome  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »

alex nole is fast becoming popular all over the globe. he may need his own thread. what do you think. rfk may have done us a favor.

check out the atp tennis site. nole had his picture taken with j leno yesterday.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »

alex nole is fast becoming popular all over the globe. he may need his own thread. what do you think. rfk may have done us a favor.

check out the atp tennis site. nole had his picture taken with j leno yesterday.
Thanks Herc. I was thinking of starting his own thread, but wasn't sure it was a good idea (not sure if there is enough interest on this board). We'll see. As you noticed on MTF, guys either love him or hate him. I'm going to check out the atp web site.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2008, 10:55:50 PM »

Thanks Herc. I was thinking of starting his own thread, but wasn't sure it was a good idea (not sure if there is enough interest on this board). We'll see. As you noticed on MTF, guys either love him or hate him. I'm going to check out the atp web site.

not only does he need his own thread but we can use his thread to recruit posters/nole fans. it works. they can join and jump right into any discussions or news regarding nole. we will always welcome all posters here with open arms here.

you and rfk can keep the board informed about nole with all the breaking news concerning him on this thread.

his stock just went up even more as a result of being on the j leno`s show.

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:14 AM »
I don't like when people call out athletes for being cocky.

Makes you wonder what sports are coming to. 

You guys remember characters like Muhammad Ali or Jimmy Connors??  These guys were cocky as can be, and just as entertaining and personable.

Why do we need/want everybody to be a drone and say the proper thing at the proper time.

I am happy to hear fed's comments.  Just like I can appreciate Roddick's vulgarity, Djokers' BRIMMING confidence and Rafa's humbleness.  I respect all of them for who they are...

Their own selves.

-J.W.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2008, 03:37:08 AM »

You guys remember characters like Muhammad Ali or Jimmy Connors??  These guys were cocky as can be, and just as entertaining and personable.

Why do we need/want everybody to be a drone and say the proper thing at the proper time.

I am happy to hear fed's comments.  Just like I can appreciate Roddick's vulgarity, Djokers' BRIMMING confidence and Rafa's humbleness.  I respect all of them for who they are...

Their own selves.

-J.W.

agreed. welcome to the forums logo. post away and have a blast.

its about time you joined us. what took you so long anyway? Batman is here as well. you will remember him.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »

Well Roger is arrogant and conceited, nice to know you can spot it in Roger!!!!

So I guess you are a fan of "arrogant" and conceited" people........(as long as they can back it up, of course)

I GUESS that is why you are not a devoted fan of Rafael Nadal then...................................

After JWT defeat at AO - Nadal declared him as "unbeleiveable" no...................................

No silly mind games, that his game is not good enough.............Just praise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rafa not "arrogant" enough for you then  :)~

As an 'athlete' - you HAVE TO HAVE CONFIDENCE in yourself.  Whether or not Nadal says it - you know he believes in himself.  So - sorry Alison - I don't have a problem with it.  I even like it when Tiger says "Yes, I'm going to kick their butts"!  He ususally do - so what's the problem?  When Roger says "I played great today"...and you look at the stats - he usually did!  So what's the problem? 

No matter what athletes say and/or do - if you don't like them (which I know you don't like Roger) - then nothing is good enough for you.  That's cool.  No problem since everyone isn't going to like everyone... That's fine with me.  But just know that no matter what you post about Roger - he's still "my boy" and you can't turn me away from being his fan! :rofl_2: :))

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

Their own selves.

-J.W.

its about time you joined us. what took you so long anyway? Batman is here as well. you will remember him.

Hello Herc,

I remember you recommending this site but never checked it out.  Just been lurking lately and realized that this seems to be exactly what I need...

A site where people are discussing tennis!!!!

:) :) :)

-J.W.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2008, 07:25:24 PM »

Their own selves.

-J.W.

Hello Herc,

I remember you recommending this site but never checked it out.  Just been lurking lately and realized that this seems to be exactly what I need...

-J.W.

You are correct!  And we welcome you here!  Enjoy the forum and keep posting! :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »

Their own selves.

-J.W.

Hello Herc,

-J.W.

i am glad to see you here logo. you can always count on everyone`s friendship here.

just dont be shy. make yourself at home.

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »

not only does he need his own thread but we can use his thread to recruit posters/nole fans. it works. they can join and jump right into any discussions or news regarding nole. we will always welcome all posters here with open arms here.

you and rfk can keep the board informed about nole with all the breaking news concerning him on this thread.

Nole is the present and future of tennis.

The faster his haters accept it the happier their transition will be.

On a side note, I fell sorry for Rafa as he will never become #1 which he does deserve.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:52:27 PM by RFK »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »

On a side note, I fell sorry for Rafa as he will never become #1 which he does deserve.

couldnt agree more. nole may or may not win here or even in miami but he will be a force at hard court slams.

and in a year or so, look out. he is going to take over the game.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2008, 11:32:24 PM »

couldnt agree more. nole may or may not win here or even in miami but he will be a force at hard court slams.

and in a year or so, look out. he is going to take over the game.

Hi Herc i think Murray is still a bit unknowen how he going to fair in slams.Going by last year we never saw him excpet for AO fit,All the others he never played or was not fully fit.For me With Murray this is the tell tell year on how far Andy can get.Nole does look the best bet atm 2 push Roger & Nadal,i hope Andy might pull a bit of a shock off somewhere this year.