Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 172661 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »
Serbian Slayer strikes again. makes the kill in 1 hour and 9 minutes.

affirmative. he reminds me of Nastase sometimes. Nasty would beat players so easily sometimes that he looked bored to death out there.

one time he beat borg and connors back to back pretty badly. afterwards, during the press conference, he said something to the effect that it was just too easy for him.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:16:30 AM by hercules »

Offline Farenhajt

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »
Is it your regular habit to quote yourself? ;) Or you just misclicked?  ;-()
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:14:54 AM by Farenhajt »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2008, 12:18:01 AM »

i think i misckicked on this one.

now i try to keep the clay monster thread alive so i have to quote myself there from time to time.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2008, 12:20:18 AM »

now i try to keep the clay monster thread alive so i have to quote myself there from time to time.
:rofl_2:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2008, 12:47:02 AM »

:rofl_2:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2008, 05:36:55 AM »
i think hes kinda cocky and has bad manners... :)
Maybee, but that's what champs do:-)

the guy is 20. i think he is growing up fast. he has shown nothing but class in his interviews after this slam.

also, if you dont show up with confidence, swagger, and a little bit of arroagance, you just dont get to take down someone as formidable as Fed. its just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster.

Roddick must be 25 or so and still hasn't grown up. Andy has confidence (mostly), swagger, and arrogance but he's still working at taking down Fed.  :)
They tell me, because I do not watch any of them, that he gives classy interviews too.  :\

It's just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster....quote of the day from Hercules the Great
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:10:03 AM by euroka1 »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »
i think hes kinda cocky and has bad manners... :)
Maybee, but that's what champs do:-)

the guy is 20. i think he is growing up fast. he has shown nothing but class in his interviews after this slam.

also, if you dont show up with confidence, swagger, and a little bit of arroagance, you just dont get to take down someone as formidable as Fed. its just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster.

Roddick must be 25 or so and still hasn't grown up. Andy has confidence (mostly), swagger, and arrogance but he's still working at taking down Fed.  :)
They tell me, because I do not watch any of them, that he gives classy interviews too.  :\

It's just that bloody simple. Fed is a monster....quote of the day from Hercules the Great

the deal with roddick is that he has all those things you mention but he does not have the game that can trouble Fed. the evidence is in the pudding as they say here in the States. Fed has beaten him something like 14 out last 15 matches.

further, you actually hear roddick make remarks like how unlucky he is to be plaaying at the same time as Fed. at last Wimby, he was quite upset that he was in the same 1/2 as Fed. same story at the U.S. Open.  in Shanghai, he said he had nothing to lose and that he was going to "let it fly". when you keep saying that you have nothing to lose just before you play him, you are actually saying that you know you are going to lose.

so he does not have sufficient game and he really does not have that critical belief as it relates to Fed. Roddick also does not move weel enough compared to Fed.

Djokovic, on the other hand, has the game, has the world class movement, and he has the belief.

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
the deal with roddick is that he has all those things you mention but he does not have the game that can trouble Fed. the evidence is in the pudding as they say here in the States. Fed has beaten him something like 14 out last 15 matches.

further, you actually hear roddick make remarks like how unlucky he is to be plaaying at the same time as Fed. at last Wimby, he was quite upset that he was in the same 1/2 as Fed. same story at the U.S. Open.  in Shanghai, he said he had nothing to lose and that he was going to "let it fly". when you keep saying that you have nothing to lose just before you play him, you are actually saying that you know you are going to lose.

so he does not have sufficient game and he really does not have that critical belief as it relates to Fed. Roddick also does not move weel enough compared to Fed.

Djokovic, on the other hand, has the game, has the world class movement, and he has the belief.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))  can't say it any better than that. He's one hell of a positive player.. almost every interview of his has the word 'positive' in it. inspires.  :))
Outdo the outdone.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))  can't say it any better than that. He's one hell of a positive player.. almost every interview of his has the word 'positive' in it. inspires.  :))

I'l go with that too.   :thumbs-up:

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »

One thing you are forgetting is that Roddick did have this self-belief. But how can you still think you can beat a guy once he has beaten you so many times, and sometimes so easily? Being able to carry on fighting against such a tough opponent proves a mental toughness for me. Especially when you don't have the weapons to really annoy your opponent...

Djokovic is surely better than Roddick, but he is also 6 years younger than the Swiss, and is arriving on top when Federer is declining (or at least is going through a bad period)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:07:20 PM by Pamqnx »

Offline Farenhajt

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
Hercules, how do you rate Nole's chances on clay this season? I think that will be the most interesting part of the season for me - his hardcourt prowess is beyond proven, and the rest of the season there will be a mere execution. But claycourt will be much more eventful, in my opinion, more so since facing Nadal there is a greater challenge than facing Federer on any kind of fastcourt.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:56 PM »
Hercules, how do you rate Nole's chances on clay this season? I think that will be the most interesting part of the season for me - his hardcourt prowess is beyond proven, and the rest of the season there will be a mere execution. But claycourt will be much more eventful, in my opinion, more so since facing Nadal there is a greater challenge than facing Federer on any kind of fastcourt.

excellent question. i will have to answer in several parts since i am doing other things right now. one of them is watching the murray/dr ivo match.

serbian slayer won in estoril last year. ran into the clay monster in rome and at roland garros. clay monster just took him apart at those 2 events. so you are right. he faces a much bigger challange against Nadal on clay than he does against Fed on hard courts.

that said, this a new djokovic. one who is a slam winner and one who is more confident of his abilities than ever before. and he continues to improve. he is going to want to prove himself on clay as well in time.

i think the clay monster`s current form will be carried over to Monte Carlo and Barcelona. he will struggle there but he will rebound and regain his steely resolve and his ground game to win in Rome and at Roland Garros. nobody will stop him there. he has nothing to show for this year so he will give all he has to win those two events. it also effectively gives him 2 events--monte carlo and barcelona--to get his act together. he really should have gone to south america and he would not be in this mess.

translation: new djokovic will be a factor on clay this year. being #3 also means he gets a few easy opponents as he gets his teeth into the tournaments. he could take out some big time scalps in Monte Carlo. or maybe even in Rome where he could take out somebody like Fed. however i dont think he can beat Nadal on clay. his biggest weapons--his movement, his serve, and his return of serve---are less effective on dirt.

nadal`s heavy topspin causes too many problems for them all on clay. also beating him in a best of 5 sets foremats on clay is nearly impossible. he is 34-0 on clay in those best of 5 sets foremats.

when all is said and done, serbian slayer`s stock is going up on all surfaces because he continues to improve his overall game. further, he is determined and driven to be #1 so there will be no stopping him eventually.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:01:02 PM by hercules »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06:07 PM »

One thing you are forgetting is that Roddick did have this self-belief. But how can you still think you can beat a guy once he has beaten you so many times, and sometimes so easily? Being able to carry on fighting against such a tough opponent proves a mental toughness for me. Especially when you don't have the weapons to really annoy your opponent...

Djokovic is surely better than Roddick, but he is also 6 years younger than the Swiss, and is arriving on top when Federer is declining (or at least is going through a bad period)

Uhm.... I won't exactly say that yet... ;-()

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »
Rogers a great player even if he never never wins again,myself i would never wright him off,but sometimes he can get beat.The young players like Nole & Andy can give Roger a tough game & sometimes win.Then there is Nadal when he is on his game.Once it was just Nadal or fat dave as some of you say.

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:09 AM »
Confidence is a big reason Nole is able to beat Federer. 

Most players would have been completely shell shocked after choking in a US open final.

His great self belief let him use that as motivation for the AO. 

My prediction Djokovic over Nalby in the finals.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »
Confidence is a big reason Nole is able to beat Federer. 

Most players would have been completely shell shocked after choking in a US open final.

His great self belief let him use that as motivation for the AO. 

My prediction Djokovic over Nalby in the finals.

confidence+desire+ability = serbian slayer

**you can have all the confidence in the world but you must have the unrelenting drive and the ability for the complete equation.

Fed has shown us over the last 4 years what you can achieve if you have the drive(desire) and the ability. the drive(desire) has to be accompanied with ability. then add confidence and you have got yourself a monster.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:06:04 PM by hercules »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »
RFK RFK RFK RFK RFK .

few buffoons still think i am RFK over there at MTF. can you believe those clowns?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »
RFK RFK RFK RFK RFK .

few buffoons still think i am RFK over there at MTF. can you believe those clowns?
:rofl_2:, that's too funny. I really want RFK to return to MTF. When are you coming back to MTF?

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
RFK RFK RFK RFK RFK .

:rofl_2:, that's too funny. I really want RFK to return to MTF. When are you coming back to MTF?

My ban is going to lifted in the end of May.

I am gonna have some fun with the Fedards, even though quite a few people have stepped up to stand up to the Fedtard superiority complex at MTF.

Continue the good fight, the "light" will return  :cool:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »
RFK RFK RFK RFK RFK .

My ban is going to lifted in the end of May.

I am gonna have some fun with the Fedards, even though quite a few people have stepped up to stand up to the Fedtard superiority complex at MTF.

Continue the good fight, the "light" will return  :cool:

i am getting mighty sick of those morons over there. i am going to give it just 1 week to see if they improve any or i am out. to hell with them. its a jungle and all they want to do is attack and harass. 75% of them know very little about the game.