Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 183308 times)

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
Yep I'm a believer in Nole now, he's going far into tournaments now pretty consistently.
His level of play is pretty high with few walkabouts and steadily improving.
He has great all around tools/weapons and isn't afraid to work/practice.  :cool:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »
Yep I'm a believer in Nole now, he's going far into tournaments now pretty consistently.
He has great all around tools/weapons and isn't afraid to work/practice.  :cool:

With the exception of a late year fade, he's been the most consistant performer other than Federer over the past year. In fact he may be the equal of Federer in terms of consistant results.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »

With the exception of a late year fade, he's been the most consistant performer other than Federer over the past year. In fact he may be the equal of Federer in terms of consistant results.

He really faded though, didn't he!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2008, 02:43:40 AM »

Completely burnt out during the European Indoor season, he was a complete spent force, and thats something he's got to be aware of when he hits that stage again come September/October of this year.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2008, 02:48:24 AM »

Completely burnt out during the European Indoor season, he was a complete spent force, and thats something he's got to be aware of when he hits that stage again come September/October of this year.

i hear he has been working on his fitness.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2008, 02:56:27 AM »

Exactly right! From this time last year and even 6 months ago he looks as if he can play the really long matches and last in them much more, as well as being able to play back to back long matches without too many problems. Now all he has to do is schedule his tournaments right, and avoid whenever possible playing 2 consecutive tournaments over a 2 weeks period. That way I believe he can go into the Slams at his freshest and avoid what happened last year during the Europena Indoor season and the Masters Cup.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:57:00 AM by ChrisTaylor1987 »
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »

Exactly right! From this time last year and even 6 months ago he looks as if he can play the really long matches and last in them much more, as well as being able to play back to back long matches without too many problems. Now all he has to do is schedule his tournaments right, and avoid whenever possible playing 2 consecutive tournaments over a 2 weeks period. That way I believe he can go into the Slams at his freshest and avoid what happened last year during the Europena Indoor season and the Masters Cup.

It's one thing to work on fitness, but I doubt he hasn't been working on it in the past. I'm just wondering if getting a bit more mature physically will eventually allow him to survive the overall rigours of the tour. He has shown many times that he's not really physically ready to go the distance, especially in Grand Slams.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2008, 12:08:48 PM »
I agree with you, hercules - just saying that with the "Hello? Earth to Novak Djokovic" kind of display similar to the today's first set against Wawa, Novak will have MUCH harder time squeaking past Rafa than past Wawa.

i missed that first set today. i read about it. Djokovic is not the kind of a player who loses his serve much anyway these days but 3 times in the first set alone is a bit much from him. in time, the talent surfaced as usual and allowed him to snatch the win. he may just have been a little flat but with Wawrinka close to winning the first set probably made him come alive.

his game is just perfect for hard courts. brutally efficient and lethal.

Completely agree with the bolded part.

I have devided to cheer for Nole on hardcourts and Nadal on clay.  Wimby is going to be the tougher choice.

Lets go Nole just barely beat Nadal and then crush Federer  :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »
I agree with you, hercules - just saying that with the "Hello? Earth to Novak Djokovic" kind of display similar to the today's first set against Wawa, Novak will have MUCH harder time squeaking past Rafa than past Wawa.

i missed that first set today. i read about it. Djokovic is not the kind of a player who loses his serve much anyway these days but 3 times in the first set alone is a bit much from him. in time, the talent surfaced as usual and allowed him to snatch the win. he may just have been a little flat but with Wawrinka close to winning the first set probably made him come alive.

I have devided to cheer for Nole on hardcourts and Nadal on clay.  Wimby is going to be the tougher choice.

RFK RFK RFK. hey man those clowns at MTF still think i am RFK. all i can say now is that you have sneaking to this forum and copying my style.

i may have to reinvent myself as Genghis Khan.

just kidding of course.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »

You wish... :rofl_2:

Offline RFK

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »

Well Fish saved Federer from Nole here.  :)~ 

P.S.  Nole is the man on hard courts.  Just a level above everyone.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:47:33 PM by RFK »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »

Well Fish saved Federer from Nole here.  :)~ 

P.S.  Nole is the man on hard courts.  Just a level above everyone.

Hey, congrats on your boy... he's in a good zone right now on hard court.  So enjoy it. (I know I would ;-())... He's playing great right now.  Interesting though....how do you think he's going to do during the clay season?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
I was wondering about his clay court season too.  I think he has the game to do well on the clay!  Didn't he make the SF of the FO last year and run out of steam or something?  I forget.  Either way, I think the clay could treat him well.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
I was wondering about his clay court season too.  I think he has the game to do well on the clay!  Didn't he make the SF of the FO last year and run out of steam or something?  I forget.  Either way, I think the clay could treat him well.

The problem is that there are a lot more 'other players' good on clay to give him trouble....and it seems like he was running out of steam last year in long clay matches.  But I hear he's gotten in better shape, so we shall see. 

Well, one thing people complained about when Roger was dominating was that it was "boring".  I don't think they can say that now. :rofl_2: 

What is Djokovic's clay schedule anyway?  Where are you Djokovic fans?  How many tournaments has he scheduled to play in this upcoming clay season?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »
Naturally I want Fed to win the FO, but I would love to see a loooong 5 setter at the FO finals against Nadal and Djokovic.  Although that could do that in the semi's and Fed could await the winner.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
Naturally I want Fed to win the FO, but I would love to see a loooong 5 setter at the FO finals against Nadal and Djokovic.  Although that could do that in the semi's and Fed could await the winner.  :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: not in the FINALS... We want that for Roger!  Djokovic will have many  more years to try to win.  Roger is running out of time.  WE want to see ROGER in the FINALS... right!? :))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
Well, did you read the last half of my post?  :)
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »

Ooops... I Scottered Skimmed a Scott message! :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »
Hey now, reserve that for me!
Scott Baker

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »

Ooops... I Scottered Skimmed a Scott message! :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Scottered Skimmed? Is Scooter a Scott? By George he is!

An ambition fulfilled