Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 173854 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »
Djokovic is in the latest Men's Vogue. Here is an article.
http://www.mensvogue.com/health/feature/articles/2008/04/djokovic

I replied on the other thread but basically said this is good for tennis to get promotional items/articles out there.  The more....the better....

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »

I replied on the other thread but basically said this is good for tennis to get promotional items/articles out there.  The more....the better....

Yeah, I think it's good for tennis promotion. I removed my original post from there and moved it here as it's more appropriate.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »
In the big picture, there are also plenty of spots for Nole to earn quite a lot of points, if he improves his game and manages his fitness, especially at the very end of the season. Three masters and the Masters Cup, plus possible Wimbledon finals, Olympic medal and USO title.

If Nole can make a few finals/semis on clay he should gain some points.  Fed wont be able to make all finals again.

they way i am seeing things guys, the opportunities are nearly endless for Nole to rack up points.  first, he only has about 1300 points or so in the next 2 months to worry about and i am just using a rough approximation:

1. i hope he does go to Estotril now and go ahead and defend that title. there is no need to let those 200 points go. it will also be chance to send Fed an early message that he too can play on clay.

2. there is nothing wrong with making the semis of both French Open and Wimby as it allows him to be consistent and not lose any points. if the Clay Monster cant take the Wimby title, why not the Nole. Fed has had 5 in a row already so why not somebody new. Roddick too may his chances there.

3. i believe Nole will do most of his damage after Wimbledon. i think he will take Toronto, and the U.S. Open. depending on how he feels, there will plenty of points to pick up in Cincy since he lost in the 2nd round there last year.

4. he is much more likely to be a factor at the last 3 big events this year as he will learn to pace himself a little:

1. Madrid
2. Paris
3. Masters Cup

fundamentally, its up to him. if he wants it bad enough, he needs to take it. both Fed and Nadal will mount their challenge in all this as well so it is really going to be an awesome year.

Herc, aren't you giving him a lot of credit for this year? I mean, to say that he will probably take Wimbledon and the USO, that means that you expect Fed to go empty handed this year? I don't even think that is realistic.

Sure Djokovic is a great player and has a lot of future in the tennis world. He is having a hell of a year and he has already won one GS, won Indian Wells and is proving that he can be consistent. It doesn't matter that he lost on the 2nd. round in Miami, he is proving that he is challenging the top 2 players. Rafa and Roger should take note that there is a new kid on the block wanting a piece of the pie. Not a question there.

But to say that Nole or Rafa will surely take Wimbledon and then Nole goes up to Toronto, Cinncinati and USO to win those titles is to say too much about Djokovic.

But really... What I found out really interesting is that you count off Fed for all the great ones. Sure he is having a bad start, and considering why he is having a bad start, will surely give you a clue that he will be bringing it on the next tournaments. All he needs is a little fitness and good practice. But he will surely come up for FO good as new. And I think a healthy Fed would crush Djokovic on any given sunday. You are making it seems that Djokovic is the new tennis master and that Fed is on the downhill.
Not imo, but everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
In the big picture, there are also plenty of spots for Nole to earn quite a lot of points, if he improves his game and manages his fitness, especially at the very end of the season. Three masters and the Masters Cup, plus possible Wimbledon finals, Olympic medal and USO title.

If Nole can make a few finals/semis on clay he should gain some points.  Fed wont be able to make all finals again.

they way i am seeing things guys, the opportunities are nearly endless for Nole to rack up points.  first, he only has about 1300 points or so in the next 2 months to worry about and i am just using a rough approximation:

1. i hope he does go to Estotril now and go ahead and defend that title. there is no need to let those 200 points go. it will also be chance to send Fed an early message that he too can play on clay.

2. there is nothing wrong with making the semis of both French Open and Wimby as it allows him to be consistent and not lose any points. if the Clay Monster cant take the Wimby title, why not the Nole. Fed has had 5 in a row already so why not somebody new. Roddick too may his chances there.

3. i believe Nole will do most of his damage after Wimbledon. i think he will take Toronto, and the U.S. Open. depending on how he feels, there will plenty of points to pick up in Cincy since he lost in the 2nd round there last year.

4. he is much more likely to be a factor at the last 3 big events this year as he will learn to pace himself a little:

1. Madrid
2. Paris
3. Masters Cup

fundamentally, its up to him. if he wants it bad enough, he needs to take it. both Fed and Nadal will mount their challenge in all this as well so it is really going to be an awesome year.

Herc, aren't you giving him a lot of credit for this year? I mean, to say that he will probably take Wimbledon and the USO, that means that you expect Fed to go empty handed this year? I don't even think that is realistic.

Sure Djokovic is a great player and has a lot of future in the tennis world. He is having a hell of a year and he has already won one GS, won Indian Wells and is proving that he can be consistent. It doesn't matter that he lost on the 2nd. round in Miami, he is proving that he is challenging the top 2 players. Rafa and Roger should take note that there is a new kid on the block wanting a piece of the pie. Not a question there.

But to say that Nole or Rafa will surely take Wimbledon and then Nole goes up to Toronto, Cinncinati and USO to win those titles is to say too much about Djokovic.

But really... What I found out really interesting is that you count off Fed for all the great ones. Sure he is having a bad start, and considering why he is having a bad start, will surely give you a clue that he will be bringing it on the next tournaments. All he needs is a little fitness and good practice. But he will surely come up for FO good as new. And I think a healthy Fed would crush Djokovic on any given sunday. You are making it seems that Djokovic is the new tennis master and that Fed is on the downhill.
Not imo, but everybody is entitled to an opinion.

i do not suggest in that post anywhere that Nole will win Wimbledon. just the opposite. i say that there is nothing wrong for him just shooting for consistency and making the semis at both Wimbledon and at Roland Garros. go back over the post again.

i also said that he will rectify the problems he had in the last 3 masters events last year as he learns to pace himself.

and yes i do think that the U.S Open is where he will take his second slam. i think he will to it this year. i believe that the 3 players to watch there are Nole, Fed, and Roddick. Roddick just has to avoid Fed and get a decent draw and he could be in the finals there. i just think Nole will take the title. that is based on his abilities on hard courts. i have seen enough from him to say that he will try to peak at just the right time for the U.S. Open and he has the arsenal for getting it done. being just 21 does not hurt either.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 12:09:01 AM by hercules »

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »

Yeah, I think it's good for tennis promotion. I removed my original post from there and moved it here as it's more appropriate.

thx for the article. it's great!  :))  i can only imagine how tough it must hav been for him back then in serbia. he's someone who's been thru a lot (and clearly has a past) and it's heartening to see how far he've come and how much he does for his country..  though it's really amusing to hear tt he's bigger than a politician over there - given his demeanor (djoker and wad not).  :rofl_2:
Outdo the outdone.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »
Novak the Gladiator, I love it........
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYeIpTOFzQ8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:00:40 PM by Alex999 »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »

inspiring video there dr. alex. good work.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2008, 12:43:06 AM »

inspiring video there dr. alex. good work.

Thanks Herc  :))

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
Another great video with plenty of great shots.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ntmuyj3r5gs[/youtube]

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »
Another great video with plenty of great shots.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ntmuyj3r5gs[/youtube]

excelent stuff. keep his thread alive dr Alextien.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2008, 09:48:03 PM »
Dallas, this is my answer  :rofl_2: (yes, I was bored  :)))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »
Ha, Ha... But hey, isn't this what we made these threads for?  In the past everyone said I was talking and posting too much about Roger in every thread, so I made a thread just for him and now I can post whatever I want about him there.  So since this thread is about Djokovic - hey - post pictures away! :))  That's what we created these individual player threads for!

Nice pictures... (but Chris is going to get you about posting all those pictures of Maria and Djokovic!)... :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
Ha, Ha... But hey, isn't this what we made these threads for?  In the past everyone said I was talking and posting too much about Roger in every thread, so I made a thread just for him and now I can post whatever I want about him there.  So since this thread is about Djokovic - hey - post pictures away! :))  That's what we created these individual player threads for!

Nice pictures... (but Chris is going to get you about posting all those pictures of Maria and Djokovic!)... :rofl_2:
pshhh, I don't think he ever posted in this thread, he probably won't notice  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »

pshhh, I don't think he ever posted in this thread, he probably won't notice  :rofl_2:

OK... I won't tell him if you won't.  We'll just see if he'll ever visit her to find out for himself. :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »

OK... I won't tell him if you won't.  We'll just see if he'll ever visit her to find out for himself. :rofl_2:
deal  :rofl_2:

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2008, 10:08:57 PM »
Does he not like the fact that they're an item now?
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »

He thinks Maria belongs to him and no one else! :rofl_2:  And Alex thinks Maria is bad for Djokovic!  So... there you have it... :))

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »

He thinks Maria belongs to him and no one else! :rofl_2:  And Alex thinks Maria is bad for Djokovic!  So... there you have it... :))

A classic Romeo and Juliet moment.lol
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »

Let's see if this "union" will affect either one's tennis.  So far Maria seem to be holding her own.  I'll see how Djokovic does when he plays his next tournament.  They both say "we're just friends".... Yea, sure... :whistle: :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »

Let's see if this "union" will affect either one's tennis.  So far Maria seem to be holding her own.  I'll see how Djokovic does when he plays his next tournament.  They both say "we're just friends".... Yea, sure... :whistle: :rofl_2:
Dallas you are so smart when it comes to this 'love thing'   :rofl_2:. Yes I do think Nole should run away from Masha, but what do I know  :rofl_2:?