Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 179981 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Nole, Nole, Nole....
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »
Welcome to the board Buffmetube. It's great to have another fan of Djoko here.
[/b]

Yea, Alex was getting lonely here. :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »
[/b]

It's true  :(, you should join me (Fed already has too many fans  :)). Djokovic is just as arrogant (cough, I mean confident, ) as Federer (in case you need a good reason why you should switch  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:54:33 PM by Alex999 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
[/b]

It's true  :(, you should join me (Fed already has too many fans  :)). Djokovic is just as arrogant (cough, I mean confident, ) as Federer (in case you need a good reason why you should switch  :rofl_2:

You got that right! :rofl_2:  Maybe when Roger retires I may come over to your side, but I can't right now. :))  You understand...don't you! :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
[/b]

You got that right! :rofl_2:  Maybe when Roger retires I may come over to your side, but I can't right now. :))  You understand...don't you! :)
Of course I do  :friends:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »
[/b]

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline buffmetube

• Tennis Player
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2008, 09:50:41 PM »
Hey guys!!!  Thanks for the welcome!  I've been trying to find a decent forum around the web about tennis, and the link to my YouTube vid took me here! Haha.  You can call me Jimmy.  :))

And for the record I frigging love Nole and Maria.  My two favorites from the respective tours.  I'm a Serb-fanatic (but ironically not a Serbian myself) so I love Tipsarevic (Tipsy!), Ana, and Jelena too!  :)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2008, 09:51:23 PM »

Alex is a classy guy. As a Djokovic fan, you present yourself very well :H

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
Hey guys!!!  Thanks for the welcome!  I've been trying to find a decent forum around the web about tennis, and the link to my YouTube vid took me here! Haha.  You can call me Jimmy.  :))

And for the record I frigging love Nole and Maria.  My two favorites from the respective tours.  I'm a Serb-fanatic (but ironically not a Serbian myself) so I love Tipsarevic (Tipsy!), Ana, and Jelena too!  :)

welcome to the forums Jimmy :H

Offline buffmetube

• Tennis Player
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2008, 09:55:06 PM »

Thanks much!!!  I see you are a Federer fan ay?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2008, 10:09:40 PM »
Well, welcome to the forum Jimmy.  You'd find good tennis people here.  We follow our favorites, but respect all the other players and posters so welcome here and post away.  I'm sure you'll really get along with Alex (Djokovic's #1 fan) and Chris (Maria's #1 fan).  But actually, regardless of who we like, we all basically get along with each other.

So - again, let me welcome you to this forum and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

:welcome2: :welcome)

Offline buffmetube

• Tennis Player
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
Well, welcome to the forum Jimmy.  You'd find good tennis people here.  We follow our favorites, but respect all the other players and posters so welcome here and post away.  I'm sure you'll really get along with Alex (Djokovic's #1 fan) and Chris (Maria's #1 fan).  But actually, regardless of who we like, we all basically get along with each other.

So - again, let me welcome you to this forum and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Haha cool.  I'm glad to hear you all are pretty friendly with each other.  I post at other message boards (non-tennis ones) and the fan wars can be pretty dramatic.  :\

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2008, 10:32:10 PM »

Haha cool.  I'm glad to hear you all are pretty friendly with each other.  I post at other message boards (non-tennis ones) and the fan wars can be pretty dramatic.  :\

cool sig there jimmy. dallas has it right. we have the unique ability here to follow our favorite players while showing the utmost respect for other people`s favs at the same time.

we also dont bother attacking other posters here as we think its just a wasted exercise as it proves nothing and only makes our neighbors uncomfortable.

our philosophy is simple:  live and let live. and have as much fun as possible.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »

Thanks much!!!  I see you are a Federer fan ay?

Yes I am :H

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2008, 01:10:59 AM »

Welcome to the forums Jimmy  :welcome2: You've certainly come to the right place here to talk good tennis and follow your favourites! You'll be right at home here and I completely echo what Dallas says  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline NoleDjoke

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2008, 02:30:20 AM »
YEaA! another nole fan!   :))
welcome jimmy! i'm a big novak fan but unlike alex.. i hav the tendency to only actively participate in discussions during major tours...  :)~

I hope Novak is hungry for the Monte Carlo title after tt kind of exit in miami..
Outdo the outdone.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2008, 04:12:26 AM »

Welcome Jimmy! Im sure youll enjoy!

Federer, Tsonga, Roddick and Hewitt here!
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2008, 11:43:52 AM »
I was just wondering about his surname - is the correct way to pronounce it Novak Dj-oh-kovic or (Not sure how to sound it out) Novak Dj-o-kovic?

I say the latter. Americans seem to say the first however.
It is jock-oh-vitch (D is silent)

Thanks for clearing that up, I knew the D was silent. The Americans were wrong!!!
Welcome to buffmetube.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
I was just wondering about his surname - is the correct way to pronounce it Novak Dj-oh-kovic or (Not sure how to sound it out) Novak Dj-o-kovic?

Thanks for clearing that up, I knew the D was silent. The Americans were wrong!!!
Welcome to buffmetube.

I don't know what you mean by Americans being wrong. I've only heard it pronounced with the "d" silent. The "d" only changes the way the "j" is pronounced. Without the the "d" the "j" is as in Joker, or John. But with the "d" the "j" becomes harder. But it's still pronounced as a "j".

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

Welcome to buffmetube.

I don't know what you mean by Americans being wrong. I've only heard it pronounced with the "d" silent. The "d" only changes the way the "j" is pronounced. Without the the "d" the "j" is as in Joker, or John. But with the "d" the "j" becomes harder. But it's still pronounced as a "j".

Say what! :lmao:  (just kidding... I knew exactly what you said, err..meant...err...I think) :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »

Welcome to buffmetube.

Say what! :lmao:  (just kidding... I knew exactly what you said, err..meant...err...I think) :rofl_2:

I tried to be clear, but that's jut not an easy thing to make clear (maybe that's why I'm not an English teacher).

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)