Author Topic: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....  (Read 162287 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: NOLE, NOLE, NOLE....
« Reply #2640 on: April 05, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
Hey guys,

You can check out my analysis of Djokovic's game and career right here:
http://www.onlinetennisinstruction.com/novakdjokovic.html

Would love to hear your feedback on it

Regards

Florian

Thanks Florian. I really like your analysis about Novak. The only thing that I disagree (a little bit tho) with you is the mental part. Yes, young Djokovic did have some lapses and I wasn't always impressed with his behavior on the court but this new Djokovic 2.0 became a mental giant IMHO. He's been very composed, no emotions etc. 

Offline OnlineTennisInstruction

• Tennis Player
    • Online Tennis Instruction
« Reply #2641 on: April 06, 2012, 03:15:26 AM »
Hey Alex,

His confidence is obviously sky high right now and he certainly believes that he will make big shots when it really matters. That does not necessarily mean that he is a mental warrior like Nadal for example though. Think about Federer in his prime...he had the same confidence but that was based on simply being so much better than the other guys and not necessarily on being very strong in the mental area.

Not sure with Djoker right now. Possibly he is developing in that direction of being a mental warrior. I definitely think he is better than Roger in this regard

Cheers

Florian

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2642 on: April 06, 2012, 04:37:02 AM »
I would agree with your assessment of the mental strength of the today's top 3.  Including Andy (not Roddick) I see them as follows:

• Rafa
  • Nole
  • Roger
  • Andy (not Roddick)

It's a toss up between Nole and Rog at this point.
Would love to see Lendl instill some fierce focus/confidence in Murray and drive away the demons that distract him from his best play.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2643 on: April 06, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »
Djokovic's 'most' records.

* Fastest male player to qualify for the ATP World Tour Finals: 18 weeks, 6 days (2011)
    * Youngest male player to defeat the top 3 players in succession (2007 Canada Masters)
    * Youngest male player to reach the semifinals of all Majors (2007–2008)
    * Youngest male player to reach the semifinals of all Majors in succession (2007–2008)
    * Most ATP Masters 1000 titles in a single season: 5 (2011)
    * Most consecutive ATP Masters 1000 titles in events entered: 5 (2011)
    * Most consecutive weeks as world number 3: 91 (2007–2009)
    * One of three male players to win the Australian Open-Indian Wells-Miami treble (along with Pete Sampras and Roger Federer) (2011)
    * Longest best-of-three sets men's singles match ever played (shared with Rafael Nadal): 4 hours, 3 minutes (2009 Madrid Masters)
    * Third longest winning streak (after Guillermo Vilas and Ivan Lendl but tied with Bjorn Borg): 43
    * Second longest winning streak in a single season (after John McEnroe): 41 (2011)
    * Most ATP Masters 1000 finals in a single season (tied with Roger Federer): 6 (2011).
    * Most consecutive Dubai Tennis Championships titles (tied with Roger Federer): 3 (2009–2011)
    * Longest Grand Slam Final men's singles match ever played (shared with Rafael Nadal): 5 hours, 53 minutes (2012 Australian Open)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #2644 on: April 07, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »
Novak paid his dues, serving all those years as the eternal bridesmaid to Rafael and Roger.. The 2011 season turned the tables on the Duopoly. Records were broken like trees in the path of a typhoon..  :)>>>>

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2645 on: April 07, 2012, 03:29:11 AM »
    I would agree with your assessment of the mental strength of the today's top 3.  Including Andy (not Roddick) I see them as follows:

• Rafa
    • Nole
    • Roger
    Andy (not Roddick)
    [/list]

It's a toss up between Nole and Rog at this point.
    Would love to see Lendl instill some fierce focus/confidence in Murray and drive away the demons that distract him from his best play.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
    Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2646 on: April 17, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »
    Novak Djokovic meets Prince of Monaco

Djokovic Receives Royal Honour In Monaco

Five-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic and his long time girlfriend Jelena Ristic have meet with the Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Princess Charlene on Monday.

World Number one Novak Djokovic was awarded with the Vermeil Sport medal of Monaco for Physical Education and Sports, where he has received the honour from Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Princess Charlene on Monday afternoon 16th April. The couples also posed for picture at the beautiful backdrop of the tournament in Monte Carlo.

2012 Australian Open winner Djokovic has posted a message on his Facebook wall that, he had celebrated Orthodox Christians Easter, where he is always happy to celebrate along with his friends and held a challenge of cracking eggs.

24-year-old Djokovic will begin Monte-Carlo Masters opening round against the winner of Andreas Seppi of Italy or Romanian Victor Hanescu on Thursday at the Monte Carlo Country Club in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin. The king was accompanied by Princess Charlene have greeted Djokovic for his success on the ATP World Tour from last season.

Serbian hopes to win the first Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters crown for the first time in his career, where he has appeared in 2009 final, before losing to Former World No. 1 Rafael Nadal in three sets with a 6–3, 2–6, 6–1 score line.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:49:16 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2647 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
    British Prime Minster meeting Djokovic after Laureus World Sports Awards
    Laureus World Sports Awards
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:48:21 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2648 on: April 19, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »
    Nole, sorry for your loss. I know how close you were with your grandpa. Win MC for him. God bless his soul.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2649 on: April 19, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »
     :(
    Novak Djokovic cried after his grandfather's death

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
    • The Best
    « Reply #2650 on: April 20, 2012, 12:03:19 AM »
    Novak Djokovic to join Nike, after Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal. :)) :)

Five-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic is likely to join along with Nike, after his rivals Former World No. 1 Roger Federer and king of clay Rafael Nadal, who are under contract with Nike endorsement.

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is going to end the contract with the brand Sergio Tacchini, where he is expecting to join voice with Nike. Serbian is very close to sing-up a contract with Nike, after his current sponsor Sergio Tacchini will no longer support him financially. Sources stated Sergio Tacchini has failed to respect the contract with Djokovic, while other sponsors providing a bonus for each victory for Serbian tennis champion.

10-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal, who was sponsored in clothing and shoe by Nike, where he also signature on-court outfit entailed a variety of sleeveless shirts paired with 3/4 length Capri pants.

Recently, Nadal and his close friend Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo have team-up for the new Nike commercial ad to promote their new shoes ‘the Mercurial Vapor VIII’. Both the stars have played tennis and soccer in the new Nike commercial video, which was released last month.

Nike announced that, three-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova has renewed her contract with company for signing an 8 year deal for $70 million.
    You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2651 on: April 20, 2012, 05:25:20 AM »
    Ash, thanks for posting this but it's very confusing atm. Novak's team denied that he is leaving ST ... I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally, I would like to see Djokovic with Nike, because ST simply can't promote and market Djokovic properly. I still can't believe that Adidas chose Murray over Djokovic... idiots, they must be  kicking their arses right now

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2652 on: April 20, 2012, 05:27:06 AM »
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:30:13 AM by Alex »

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
    • The Best
    « Reply #2653 on: April 20, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
    i hope he changes from ST to nike...
    i felt ST's designs were very boring throught out 2011..they seem to like white, black, blue & red.. :mad1: even K-Swiss was better.. :)~

Nike on the other hand is much more colorful & would suit novak's personality..:)

& yep...adidas must feel really F***ed up right now for letting novak go.. :rofl_2:
    You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
    • cooooooooooooooool
    « Reply #2654 on: April 20, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
    personally I feel lacoste has the best outfits.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
    • How Many Times?
    « Reply #2655 on: April 25, 2012, 06:51:42 AM »
    Good decision.

Novak Djokovic has decided to pull out of the Serbia Open tournament, an ATP World Tour 250 event taking place in Belgrade from April 30 to May 6.
    “After consulting with my family, I’ve made a decision not to take part in the tournament this year. I will take some time, try restore my emotional energy. This is certainly one of the toughest decisions in my career, but it is impossible for me to play in the next few days and to think about tennis, when there are some other things in my head,” Djokovic explained.
    Nole will next play at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament in Madrid. The 24-year-old Belgrade native will enter the event as the defending champion.

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/tennis/novak-to-miss-serbia-open/
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:52:19 AM by swish »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2656 on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »
    Good decision.

Novak Djokovic has decided to pull out of the Serbia Open tournament, an ATP World Tour 250 event taking place in Belgrade from April 30 to May 6.
    “After consulting with my family, I’ve made a decision not to take part in the tournament this year. I will take some time, try restore my emotional energy. This is certainly one of the toughest decisions in my career, but it is impossible for me to play in the next few days and to think about tennis, when there are some other things in my head,” Djokovic explained.
    Nole will next play at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament in Madrid. The 24-year-old Belgrade native will enter the event as the defending champion.

http://novakdjokovic.com/en/news/tennis/novak-to-miss-serbia-open/

Thanks Swish for posting this. And Thank God he is not playing this little tournament. As I said earlier I don't think he should have played MC either.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
    • Fighting Fair
    « Reply #2657 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
    Can't help feeling for Djoker - the Belgrade event revolves around Novak! Without him, the tournament will struggle to sustain attendance levels compared to last year.. Still, this is an opportunity to the other Serbs in the draw to gain traction at their home turf..
    I hope Nole comes back emotionally and physically recharged from this break - Nadal will ensure he has a rough ride this year..  :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2658 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »
    Can't help feeling for Djoker - the Belgrade event revolves around Novak! Without him, the tournament will struggle to sustain attendance levels compared to last year.. Still, this is an opportunity to the other Serbs in the draw to gain traction at their home turf..
    I hope Nole comes back emotionally and physically recharged from this break - Nadal will ensure he has a rough ride this year..  :)
    well, I hear ya. I firmly believe that Djokovic shouldn't be playing Belgrade regardless of his situation ... That's a small 250 ATP tournament... they need to find a way to attract other players (not necessary Nadal of Fed, but you know what I mean) ... they can not revolve the whole tournament around Djokovic ....

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
    « Reply #2659 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
    haha, this is good, Nole and Bryan brothers ...
    Novak Djokovic & The Bryan Bros performing "Autograph"