Author Topic: Mary/ Maria  (Read 998 times)

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Mary/ Maria
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:47:05 PM »
whose got who? Im rooting for Mary and at the moment its 3 all. Shes really been doing well. Mary has a nice forehand, inside out. And just hit an ace right down the middle.
Its all good...

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 09:48:07 PM »
MP has had a great tournaent so far.  I see MS coming out on top of this one though.  I wish it was on tv.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 09:49:42 PM »
it is on ESPN2.

Marys backhand is not to shabby. It goes into the net a little much but great angles.
Its all good...

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »
I wonder if PierceCheng has any pants on right now? :whistle:

Offline tennis_guy_andrew

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.oktennis.net
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 10:28:53 PM »
Maria needs to change her game up a little. Her ground strokes are obviously solid, but she seems to overhit on some beginings of points, usually clutch points. Maybe drop shot- coming in a little...she just hit a nice lob and forced Mary away from the net. Then, 30-30 she throws in a missed service return!!!! Maybe she's just in a slump.
------------------------------------------
Please- Help me get a better college
education by making a donation:
http://andrewxps.hooveyy.com/pay.html
Thanks! :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 12:48:15 AM »
Maria is through to the semis at Indian Wells after she defeated Mary Pierce of France 6-4 6-3 in 1 hour and 27 minutes.

The 1st set was very close with many games going the distance and all Maria needed was 1 break at 4-3.  In the 2nd set Maria raced into a
4-0 lead, then Pierce took the next 2 games, Maria then won the next game but was broken when serving for the set at 5-2, Maria then re-grouped and took the next game to take the set and the match.

In the semis Maria will play world #1 Lindsay Davenport of the United States.  Maria has played Davenport twice before and leads the series 2-0.  Maria won both matches in 3 sets in the semis at Wimbledon last year and the final in Tokyo earlier this year.  Maria is now on a 12 match winning streak since her 1 and only loss to Serena Williams this year at the Australian Open.  Maria is 17-1 for the year.  This semi will be played tomorrow on Stadium court and it is the third match on court and the schedule starts at 12.00PT.  Good luck Maria!
 :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline PierceCheng

• Tennis Enthusiast
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 03:53:11 AM »
I can say Mary Pierce has lost to Maria Sharapova 4-6 & 3-6 only...... :depressed:
"I don't die not to live. I don't yield if my wish does not fulfilled. I never die with regret." - Picks from video game "IKARUGA"

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Mary/ Maria
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 08:40:31 AM »
Mary can be proud of herself.   I have not seen her play at this level in 5 years.   She was hitting the ball hard enough to look like one of the hardest hitters in the game again.   Her movement wasnt great, but it was better than it has been since 2000.   I hope she builds on this because she could certainly get back in the top 10 based on this performance.