Author Topic: Federer destroyes Kiefer  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« on: March 18, 2005, 06:21:58 AM »
Kiefer might be playing well again but he ran into a big problem today.   Fed smoked him 6-4, 6-1.  Did anyone get to see this match?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 06:23:47 AM »
There was no way Fed wasn't gonna win.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:35:30 PM »
Keep in mind, gm, Keifer is the man that took Federer out earlier this year during the US OPEN series, I believe. Of course, Keifer isnt considered a threat by any means but he did beat him once before this year when the Fed was 'invincible' so I kind of feared the slight chance of an upset here. Good thing Federer took care of business. Looks like the two big dogs (Roger & Lindsay) are doing what's gotta be done out there.

kedu

federer Vs Keifer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 11:50:58 AM »
hi all.I am new.Greetings to everyone in Jesus name.I just want to say that nowhere since last year did Keifer ever beat Federer. Thank you

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 01:37:38 PM »
Kedu, wleocme to the boards and thx for the clarification.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 05:27:32 PM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
Keep in mind, gm, Keifer is the man that took Federer out earlier this year during the US OPEN series, I believe. Of course, Keifer isnt considered a threat by any means but he did beat him once before this year when the Fed was 'invincible' so I kind of feared the slight chance of an upset here. Good thing Federer took care of business. Looks like the two big dogs (Roger & Lindsay) are doing what's gotta be done out there.

Unless I'm mistaken, Safin is the only one who have beaten Federer this year.
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 12:37:49 AM »
you're right tim. It was a typo. I did say earlier this year but when I went back -- I figured you guys would know I meant last year since I mentioned the US OPEN series. I meant 2004 -- my bad :(

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 04:45:03 AM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
you're right tim. It was a typo. I did say earlier this year but when I went back -- I figured you guys would know I meant last year since I mentioned the US OPEN series. I meant 2004 -- my bad :(

It's all kewl dude, but you did had me thinking for a minute there  :))

Anonymous

Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 08:12:53 PM »
Actually arcforce Kiefer did not take Roger out at all last year.   It was Hrbaty who beat him in the U.S open series, in the Cincinnati first round.  

I have sometimes complained about Roger getting harder draws than his rivals but that was clearly not the case here.
Finally a relatively easy draw, not to take anything away from Kiefer or Canas but for masters series quarter and semi standard they would be considered a good draw.    He deserves one after all his tough draws this past year.   Finally it is Roddick who got a tough draw though he battled through it valiantly, to his credit.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 09:34:15 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I have sometimes complained about Roger getting harder draws than his rivals but that was clearly not the case here. Finally a relatively easy draw, not to take anything away from Kiefer or Canas but for masters series quarter and semi standard they would be considered a good draw.    He deserves one after all his tough draws this past year.   Finally it is Roddick who got a tough draw though he battled through it valiantly, to his credit.

Enlighten me please, for I failed to see how you think Roddick's draw is any harder than Federer's.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 09:42:52 PM »
I'm with Guest on this one. Canas in the semis, alone, is easier to edal with than say Hewitt! lol Not that it would matter for Roger since he treats Hewitt & Roddick the same as he does Joe Schmoe ranked 234 -- but theoretically speaking....Think about it - Did Federer even play a top 10 player till the finals?

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 09:45:25 PM »
Good point, but he did play Ivan who is a very tough competitor just outside the top 10.
Its all good...

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »
I supposed you're right. Federer only took down the 2nd hottest player on tour after himself, Ljubicic (who took out both Roddick and Agassi and pushed Federer to the limit the last 3 times they've played). And have a potential to face the only player to beat him in the semi, Safin, but that didn't happened.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 06:24:36 AM »
Did Federer even play a top 10 player till the finals?

True, he did get quite a soft draw this time, but given his overall dominance, there is very good reason to believe he would have won no matter how tough the draw. I'm a bit dissapointed that it was Hewitt that reached the final and not the A-Rod, who I believe would have had a better chance against Fed. At least Roddick has a big serve and can reduce the number of points that Fed can control from the baseline. His forehand, as we saw in the W final, is capable of putting Fed under pressure. Hewitt on the other hand, appears impotent and gets bossed around by Fed, because he has neither powerful groundstrokes or serve.

BTW, did anyone else think that Fed didn't even play that well last night? He only played well when he had to, e.g. he would step it up a 3-3 in the set and break Hewitt, but at other times he was playing casual and making some errors.

I felt that Hewitt was giving it his all to prevent being humiliated like at the USO final,  whereas Fed looked as if he had three gears left to go up, the highest of which was probably enough to win 6-0 6-0 6-0.

It was all too easy.

Offline rhubarb

• Tennis Addict
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 06:52:11 AM »
I have sometimes complained about Roger getting harder draws than his rivals but that was clearly not the case here.
Finally a relatively easy draw, not to take anything away from Kiefer or Canas but for masters series quarter and semi standard they would be considered a good draw.    He deserves one after all his tough draws this past year.   Finally it is Roddick who got a tough draw though he battled through it valiantly, to his credit.

Kiefer and Canas were the guys he played, but in theory Fed's draw was pretty tough for the quarters and semis: his opponents should have been Gaudio (or Nalbandian) and Safin.  It's not his fault they lost early.

Offline rhubarb

• Tennis Addict
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 06:55:11 AM »

Kiefer and Canas were the guys he played, but in theory Fed's draw was pretty tough for the quarters and semis: his opponents should have been Gaudio (or Nalbandian) and Safin.  It's not his fault they lost early.

I also get the feeling that he's letting up on Hewitt in their recent matches.  The turning point might have been the US Open final, a pasting after which Roger might have considered that 6 bagels in 5 matches was enough payback for his defeat in Davis Cup.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
Federer destroyes Kiefer
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 08:21:11 AM »
Kiefer and Canas were the guys he played, but in theory Fed's draw was pretty tough for the quarters and semis: his opponents should have been Gaudio (or Nalbandian) and Safin. It's not his fault they lost early.

Good point.