Author Topic: Clinton & Obama share the spoils  (Read 4250 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Clinton & Obama share the spoils
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »
Pacer, Barack said that his plan will not mandate coverage. But here's the rub: In lieu of a mandate, he will force those who've "gambled" and not purchased insurance to pay past premiums should they incur significant medical costs. So, for a SWM today, health insurance runs +$400/mo. After Barack's plan goes into effect, that premium will drop to +$400 - x. Assume your risk averse consumer goes without health insurance for 5 years before he, say, lands in the hospital. After 60 mos, then, he owes +$24,000 - 60x in past premiums. Now, tell me how Barack intends to collect those past premiums?

I'm going to leave this discussion here, because I can answer other questions myself. It's this one that I need help with.

upshot: Buried beneath the rhetoric on both sides are grand assumptions. As swish said, "let's see how far it goes."   ..-)    )

I didn't know this. I thought he'd let the Bush tax cuts for those who make over 250,000.00 expire and pay for it that way. I need to research this a bit more. Healthcare is huge for me, so it's annoying when these politicians come up with unrealistic plans that have no chance of passing. ..-)

I'm sick of political pandering!!!

I'd be absolutely floored  :yikes: :swoon:  if your search turns up anything. As far as I can determine, I'm the only one to raise this question. Hillary's camp has dropped the ball by not pressing him on this... that's assuming it even registered with them, which at this point, I seriously doubt.

FYI: If Health Care were tennis, I'd be on the Challenger circuit.   :)

Democratic Debate Transcript, Los Angeles, California
Published January 31, 2008
Speakers:  Hillary Rodham Clinton
Barack Obama

SEN. OBAMA: If people are gaming the system, there are ways that we can address that, by for example making them pay some of the back premiums for not having gotten it in the first place.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/15397/

What does he mean by "gaming the system"? Does he mean people who use emergency room services and have no intention of paying? Is he talking about people who are here illegally? I really don't understand this gaming the system thing. Sometimes I get so disillusioned by politics, my hopes are so high but they soon come crashing down.I wish that someone would step up and take healthcare and education seriously. Maybe I should move and become a citizen of another country. :Confused:

The "gaming" consumer is interchangeable with the risk averse consumer below.

In lieu of a mandate, he will force those who've "gambled" and not purchased insurance to pay past premiums should they incur significant medical costs. Assume your risk averse consumer goes without health insurance for 5 years before he, say, lands in the hospital.

Maybe someday we'll be neighbors, Pacer.   :)

Ok, see you in Australia. ;-()

I already opened a Euro account...  :rofl_2:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »
Interesting, thank you! I would like to see the first black or female president!
I dont understand why they dont vote more democratic, I dont understand the state-system, just let everyone vote and simply take all votes in...
Substitute white and male for the words in bold and you'd be called  a racist/sexist bigot.   :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »
Also, not to be harsh but if you can't properly manage your own campaign I don't think you can properly manage a country.

and who's this that can't handle thier campaign? I really don't care about politics except I don't like Bush and I like this year's election in that its actually interesting, unlike the Edwards Bush one (did I ever tell you about the incident where Ibelieved for months on end that John Kerry Edwards was one person?).

I am interested and somewhat excited to see the first lady or non anglo saxon male run the country, both have a lively character as far as I can tell.. some character at least, its not a lackluster event like could have been. Its time for some change. Just like the change when everything was once controlled by WASPs (white anglo saxon protestant) centuries ago.

From what little I can tell, I'd go with Obama over Hillary. Although I have nothing against Clinton either. but as you were saying Obama would be a more likely to win votes candidate for the democrats. The last thing I want to see is McCain win it.
Nothing like a bit of reverse prejudice, eh? ;-()
How about we vote for the best candidate regardless of sex, color, or creed and leave the bigotry to the ignorant? :gleam:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:01:02 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »
Hillary and Obama are both a couple of puppet clowns.
I don't like either one though Obama would be my choice even with his glaring lack of experience.

Hillary is a self serving   um... what was that word thelivest always used?

Race or gender doesn't come into my equation.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
Given a choice between the 2, I agree with you Swisher.
I like Huckabee the best, but I don't even 'really' like him! :mad1:

I'll even go so far to say as I've never met a politician I liked.
All the good folks I know have real jobs and work for a living! :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
Also, not to be harsh but if you can't properly manage your own campaign I don't think you can properly manage a country.

and who's this that can't handle thier campaign? I really don't care about politics except I don't like Bush and I like this year's election in that its actually interesting, unlike the Edwards Bush one (did I ever tell you about the incident where Ibelieved for months on end that John Kerry Edwards was one person?).

I am interested and somewhat excited to see the first lady or non anglo saxon male run the country, both have a lively character as far as I can tell.. some character at least, its not a lackluster event like could have been. Its time for some change. Just like the change when everything was once controlled by WASPs (white anglo saxon protestant) centuries ago.

From what little I can tell, I'd go with Obama over Hillary. Although I have nothing against Clinton either. but as you were saying Obama would be a more likely to win votes candidate for the democrats. The last thing I want to see is McCain win it.
How about we vote for the best candidate regardless of sex, color, or creed and leave the bigotry to the ignorant? :gleam:

well, you could also say the same thing to the people who disregard the two Democratic candidates BECAUSE of their gender and race.. :whistle:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »

well, you could also say the same thing to the people who disregard the two Democratic candidates BECAUSE of their gender and race.. :whistle:

bgt's point is valid.
I said it'd be interesting to see a woman and a non anglo saxon since it'd obviously be the first time and they'd have pressure and opposition in ways that the previous presidents have never had and will  have to live up to a bunch. No prejudice against the anglo-saxon male at all. If McCain didn't want every youth of this country to go down to the middle east and eventually end up killing half of them at the same time doing no good over there and no good over here and continuing the spiraling out of control economy in the same way Bush did and keep on disintegrating America's built up respect and status among other countries of this world, I'd have supported him. I just made up all that, but I have a feeling my general idea is right. As far as I am cocerned right now, there is no best. they are all pretty much the same (especially the two democrats) with slight differences here and there that eventually won't make a difference. in the end, they are all full of the same filthy-tactics, money-pocketing, fake-promising politicians.

just like the last election, could either bush or kerry or edwards or whoever be called the best choice? they were both the same average no-bodies who'd have ended up taking position of a tough situation. there is no best in politics when it comes to us normal people. 95% of the people probably won't feel one different with one president or other and by the time any changes do impact a good majority, that president's out and a new one is in. if that's the case, it might as well be who's more interesting  :cool:

needless to say i have no interest in politics nor do i think much of politicians. the more i learn and delve into it, the more myself-politician relationship turns into a thalivest-fedfan relationship - and in both cases the politician/fedfan will win  :rofl_2:

i made up most of that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:04:28 PM by pawan89 »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48:21 AM »

I agree 100% BGT!!!

CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 04:57:04 AM »

bgt's point is valid.
I said it'd be interesting to see a woman and a non anglo saxon since it'd obviously be the first time and they'd have pressure and opposition in ways that the previous presidents have never had and will  have to live up to a bunch. No prejudice against the anglo-saxon male at all. If McCain didn't want every youth of this country to go down to the middle east and eventually end up killing half of them at the same time doing no good over there and no good over here and continuing the spiraling out of control economy in the same way Bush did and keep on disintegrating America's built up respect and status among other countries of this world, I'd have supported him. I just made up all that, but I have a feeling my general idea is right. As far as I am cocerned right now, there is no best. they are all pretty much the same (especially the two democrats) with slight differences here and there that eventually won't make a difference. in the end, they are all full of the same filthy-tactics, money-pocketing, fake-promising politicians.

just like the last election, could either bush or kerry or edwards or whoever be called the best choice? they were both the same average no-bodies who'd have ended up taking position of a tough situation. there is no best in politics when it comes to us normal people. 95% of the people probably won't feel one different with one president or other and by the time any changes do impact a good majority, that president's out and a new one is in. if that's the case, it might as well be who's more interesting  :cool:

needless to say i have no interest in politics nor do i think much of politicians. the more i learn and delve into it, the more myself-politician relationship turns into a thalivest-fedfan relationship - and in both cases the politician/fedfan will win  :rofl_2:

i made up most of that.
I think I misinterpreted your original post.  Thanks for the clarification!

The McCain rant would be ok if you toned it down a bit and added some facts.  I have no problem with that! ;-()

Perhaps the reason I detest most politicians is because the most successful ones are those that practice the art of compromise and I'm not a person who does well with compromise. :Confused:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:44:41 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »
OBAMA in 2008!!!!   
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »
Obama now leads in SuperDelegates.  He is wrapping this bad boy up and moving on the McCain.  Should be a good battle, but I'm holding strong with Obama, the more realistic departure from Bush and his bad policies. 

Obama 2008!   
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!