Author Topic: Rocky versus A-Rod  (Read 740 times)

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Rocky versus A-Rod
« on: March 19, 2005, 04:12:45 AM »
I guess Roddick had 58 winners to 24 unforced errors, with 17 of 21 points at net won.  

Hewitt pretty much owns Roddick.  He leads 5-1 in head to heads.  Roddick has beaten him once... on grass.  

Beating Hewitt is going to take his very best tennis.  Could be the match of the tournament.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
Rocky versus A-Rod
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 06:29:02 AM »
Hopefully Roddick will prove a few people here wrong and beat Hewitt- he is perfectly capable of doing so, Hewitt is too defnesive, he only attacks on the short ball, and Roddick has greater weapons. However if Roddick's game is off, he won't be able to get past the brick wall that is Hewitt.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Rocky versus A-Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 08:48:35 AM »
Yeah, he's going to have to play damn near his best.  He needs to keep his first serve percentage high, and if he gets down he'll need to resist the urge to just keep hitting harder and harder as he often does.  He's not going to be able to hit through Hewitt.  Not in the long run anyway.  If he can protect his serve and return as well as he can, I think he could win in a tight two setter.  

I still think Roddick can achieve more great things.  If he can beat Hewitt convincingly that will be a good sign.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
Rocky versus A-Rod
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 09:49:39 AM »
Yes, the first serve percentage will be key for Roddick because he cannot hit through Hewitt like Agassi has done because he cannot stay in the cross court backhand ralies like Agassi can, who then executes down the line a lot when he plays Hewitt.

However, if Roddick can hold serve failry comfortably, then I reckon he can spend plenty of time thinking of how to break Hewitt, and then he will probably come out on top.

Basically, it all depends on Roddick's form and whether he can keep his power game within a decent margin of safety, cause we all know how Hewitt is gonna play: very few unhforced errors and groundstrokes with plenty of margin for error.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Rocky versus A-Rod
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 09:50:10 AM »
I dont really care too much about this match, Federer playing well will win the final against either in straight sets, and if he doesnt shame on Roger for not playing well.   Nonetheless if Hewitt serves reasonably well, doesnt make the unforced errors, and retrieves like he usually does he should win.   In Australia Hewitt was at a disadvantage being so tired from all the long matches prior.