Author Topic: Mark your calanders...  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mark your calanders...
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:16:52 PM »
January 17th is when the AO 2005 starts.  Seems like we just had the US Open.  Usually it feels like a millineum (sp?) between the 2 slams.  31 days left, bring it on!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:47:56 PM »
Hah, that HAPPENS to be Martin Luther King Day AAANNDDD MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! MUAHAH WHAT FUN!! I GET TO SLEEP IN AANNDD WATCH TENNIS ALL ON MY BIRTHDAY. Couldn't ask for more.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
Leave it up to ESPN to ruin your birthday...

BTW I'll try to hit with my HPS with big banger asap but I can't promise you a real review until march or april.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 08:23:46 PM »
wow march or april, huh? I'll probably have hit with it by then. I'll probably get my sticks strung up with it the next time I break a string. I break strings like way more frequently than all of my friends anyway so anything that works is good. Can't get much worse than Problend lol

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 09:28:29 PM »
True dat.  Pro Blend is like playing with a brick.  Anyway I might be able to play with it once a month starting next week but nothing more than that.  Canadian winters are wild creatures.  I'd hybrid Big Banger with a softer sting just to be safe on your i Rad (how do you like it?).  I'm looking into Alu touch hybrid for my midplus Radical.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 09:37:37 PM »
Are there lots of tennis indoor clubs in Canada where you live?
Scott Baker

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 09:04:44 AM »
Yes, but insanely expensive.  However I do live near Uniprix Stadium (where the ATP/WTA tournements are) and they have fairly good indoor courts at $20 canadian per hour, no membership fee.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 09:43:25 AM »
Ouch...what a blow just to play tennis.

Around here, we have 2 clubs with indoor courts (and there are 3 college prep schools that all have about 6 or 7 indoor courts but I dont think just anyone can use them. Luckily, I'm friends with a lot of the students so I get to hit there sometimes). Anyway, our clubs only charge 6 dollars per hour non-member fee as long as you're hitting with someone who's a member. If you're not hitting with a member and its two non-members, then its $10 per hour.

See, you're getting SO ripped. Course you DO live in Canada where its near impossible to try to hit outside in the winter, Im' sure. I can't see why they wouldn't try to rip you guys since they know its the only place that  you can hit during this tie.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 11:06:08 AM »
I play in Ohio and the court fee is $30.00 per hour and I think we play at the cheapest club in town.  Of coarse if you play dubs that is divided in 4.  So 2 hours of dubs costs $15.00 a piece.

I have been hitting with a lady who is a pro at another club and she gets free court time in the evenings when the courts open up, so I will be trying to take full advantage of that.
Scott Baker

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 11:21:37 AM »
Does mrs baker know about it?  :))
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »
Yeah, she is not my wifey favorite choice for me.  But the lady is really good.  We usually hit for about 3 hours at a time.  She has mad energy!
Scott Baker

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 03:49:43 PM »
Gosh, that is crazy. I'm paying $6 an hour here...muahaha

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 03:55:10 PM »
There is a place on campus (Ohio State University) that you could hit at last year for 1 hour for $5.00.  But they raised it this year to $10.00 for an hour.  If you stay longer you do not have to pay, but they reserve out the courts for 1 horu slots.  I would say 1/3 of the time we could stay late.  I have not been there yet this winter.  Tough to get a court because you have to schedule a court at 5:30 pm the day before since that is when they take reservations.  By 5:40 the courts are usually full for the next day.
Scott Baker

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
Mark your calanders...
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 10:10:55 AM »
i hit at teh campus of princeton university, the counrts under the gym, and they are awsome.  i c an bascally get in there for free because my uncle is a proffesor of math, and an avid tennis player.   lol go figure.  thecourts are awsoem there, and the people are really good.  im gonna get out there this year and watch a match. :))
Mike