Author Topic: Another Missing Child/ UK But Parents not Doctors!!  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Another Missing Child/ UK But Parents not Doctors!!
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7260193.stm

Let's hope this case gets a million reward to find where she is!!!!!!!!!!1

Her parents are the pillar of society, in fact she comes from a broken home

No Doctors as parents

No Jogging from her parents  :whistle:

No Clarence Mitchell (to provide the press, and to make sure her picture is on the front page of every British Newspaper)  :whistle:  :whistle:

A class that does indeed divide

The British Press for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:(
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Another Missing Child/ UK But Parents not Doctors!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
What a nightmare for any parent.  I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if one of our children went missing.  I would probably have a mental break down.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:01:36 AM »
Why does this keep happening?  :( Hope she's found ASAP.

I don't understand your comments on the British press  :Confused: Are you saying because she's not middle-class she's not getting as much press?

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
Why does this keep happening?  :( Hope she's found ASAP.

I don't understand your comments on the British press  :Confused: Are you saying because she's not middle-class she's not getting as much press?

Yes kick serve thats exactly what i am saying!!

Are you still confused?

The day after the poor kid went missing, was her picture on the uk front pages??  NO

Guess who was??  Yes thats right Madeleine (with yet another sighting) there must be a lot of missing blonde girls that look distressed
in the world  ..-)

This 9 year old girl was found on page 9 of most newspapers (while Madeleine and the spin doctors story was on page one - front page)

Thats the British Press for you!!

She's sadly a working class child from the north

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
No reply KS??

OK here we go:

Shannon has just been given an reward by the Sun - wait for it: 20,000

Now let's put that with what missing Madeleine got - bear with it

News of the world: gave a 1.5 million reward

JK Rowling put a "staggering" amount - the largest single donation - But she would not reveal how much!!

Top shop Tycoon Philip Green matched the news of the worlds donation

Richard Branson put up 100,000 - on a side note (he is also paying for Madeleine's Parent's Lawyers bill  ..-)  )

Bill Kenwright gave a huge sum (not known)

Ann Summers gave 100,000 (from J G )

Simon Cowell gave 50,000

Wayne and collen (Rooney) gave "25,000)

England cricket team also gave 20,000

Yet poor Shannon only gets 20,000 as a reward

Shocking!!!!!!!!!

and sad

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:59:29 AM »
Yes Alison, Madelaine got far more press than this girl has. Only a fool would deny that, and that massive press coverage Madelaine got brought on huge donations as well. And yes, Madelaine is middle-class, this girl is working-class. However, it does not automatically follow that the British press are institutionally biased towards the middle-classes. This thread would probably have had more interest if there was less class-war-mongering and more talk about news on Shannon  :whistle:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 04:01:42 AM »
The mother of missing nine-year-old Shannon Matthews has made an emotional plea for her daughter's safe return.

Karen Matthews, 32, from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, said she did not want any presents on Mother's Day, she just wanted her daughter back.

She said: "Mother's Day is a day when every mum wants her children around them. I just want my darling daughter home safely.

"I know Shannon would normally have made me a Mother's Day card at school and we would have spent the day together."

In her statement issued through West Yorkshire Police, Mrs Matthews went on: "I have a special bond with Shannon and I feel sure that she is alive and will come home to her mum.

"If you or anyone knows where Shannon is, please think about my family this Mother's Day and bring my beautiful princess home."

There have been no positive sightings of Shannon since she left her school about half-a-mile from her home in Moorside Road, Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, on the afternoon of February 19.

Detective Superintendent Andy Brennan, leading the search, said: "We remain fully committed to tracing Shannon and our extensive inquiries and physical searches will continue until we do so.

He appealed to people to think carefully about whether they had seen anything out of the ordinary on the day Shannon vanished or since.

Shannon's best friend Megan Aldridge, also nine, also urged her come home.

Megan said: "I'm really, really sad, and if you know where she is just call and tell us where she is."

Megan was captured on CCTV footage walking with Shannon at Dewsbury Leisure Centre on the afternoon she disappeared.

She said she last saw her friend as she headed off in the wrong direction to her home.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
And still missing  :(

KS I suggest they set up a fund like the McCanns did, it reached over 1 million and they did pay their Mortgage out of it  ..-)

I am not sure if Shannons family have a mortgage, or if they pay rent? 

I am sure it will out them out in their pockets though, if they get stuck........since not much money is rolling in

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »
Missing nine-year-old schoolgirl Shannon Matthews has been found alive 24 days after she went missing in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

She was found around 2pm today in a property in Batley Carr, about a mile from her family home.

West Yorkshire Police confirmed the girl had been found concealed in the base of a divan bed in a house in Lidgate Gardens.

A 39-year-old man - reportedly a relation of Shannon's step-father - has been arrested on suspicion of abduction.

Reports suggest his own children had been taken away from him, and he lived in the flat on his own

"We haven't seen him for two or three years. But apparently he's come back," a neighbour said. The woman who lives downstairs from him tipped off police after hearing footsteps, she added.

Police reportedly smashed their way into the flat and emerged carrying Shannon, who was last seen leaving Westmoor Junior School in Dewsbury on 19 February.

Shannon was said to have looked "quite calm" and officers confirmed that she was OK.

"One of my neighbours heard banging. When he went outside, police were breaking the door down - the man wouldn't come out so they broke in," a local resident said. "Apparently they found her in bed."

Shannon's aunt, Amanda Hyett, described the news as "wonderful".

"I can't believe it - what an incredible relief," she told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

It is understood Shannon's mother, Karen Matthews, was with reporters from national newspapers when she heard the news.

She was then driven away by police from the family home and is believed to have been reunited with her daughter.

Earlier this week, Mrs Matthews, 32, said she thought someone she knew had snatched her daughter to hurt her.

But Mrs Matthews said she did not know who could have taken the shy youngster.

Mrs Matthews said: "She got abducted. That's all I can say."

Asked if she thought it was someone she knew who took her, she said: "It seems that way because there's no trace of her at all. There's no trace of her swimming costume, her towel or anything like that that she's taken with her." And asked why someone close to her would do it, Mrs Matthews replied: "Just to hurt me, really."

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, said they were "delighted" that Shannon had been found, and the news gave them hope.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCann's spokesman, said: "Kate and Gerry are aware that she has been found alive. They feel that is excellent news. It proves that children can go missing for whatever reason and still be found alive,"

The operation to find Shannon was the biggest missing person's case the West Yorkshire force had undertaken since the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:PHEW:) :yahoo: Fantastic news in this case, great to finally hear one of these stories have a happy ending.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »
I just saw that too kicker, I'm so pleased. I was wondering if she was being fed or what.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
I just saw that too kicker, I'm so pleased. I was wondering if she was being fed or what.

Apparently there were some signs of Stockholm syndrome, identifying with captors and becoming dependent on them, so I assume she was being treated pretty well.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
I'm not sure if it was a happy ending....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7333898.stm

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

She's alive, safe and well. Most os these cases don't turn out this well.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »

She's alive, safe and well. Most os these cases don't turn out this well.

I know, that's the good part, but the worry is that maybe their parents planned it for the attention and the rewards?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 12:29:53 PM »
Yes, but it's dreadful about the revelations regarding her stepfathers indecent images on his computer - 180 files. Also, theyre now being questioned on perverting the cause of justice.