Author Topic: Serve  (Read 6904 times)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Serve
« on: February 25, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »
Does anyone can do a kick serve or any cool serve  :))
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Serve
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Yes, our honourable member Kickserve can do it. He'll be here later to answer your question :-). 

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »

welcome to the forums. cant say that i can help you with a kick serve over the net. you do need a strong and a flexible back for starters.

i will let the other experts elaborate on this subject. it may help to study edberg`s serve.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »
Yes, our honourable member Kickserve can do it. He'll be here later to answer your question :-). 

Good one Alex.  :rofl_2:

Welcome to the forums DropShotUser  :H

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 01:50:53 PM »
I can hit the kicker, it is one of my favorite serves.  I use it for the second serve and I mix it in on the first serves as well.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »
I can hit the kicker, it is one of my favorite serves.  I use it for the second serve and I mix it in on the first serves as well.

Exactly the same for me...........although mine doesn't kick as much as it should...........hopefully that will improve.      I taught myself the kick serve which I don't necessairily recommend. 

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
Nice nice Right now I trying to perfect my serve since i not too good  lol
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 05:59:35 PM »
It takes a while.  I thought it took me a few years to get the kick to make some good movement.  I pretty much had to teach it to myself as well.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
It takes a while.  I thought it took me a few years to get the kick to make some good movement.  I pretty much had to teach it to myself as well.

both edberg and sampras could hit great kick serves. it may not be a bad idea to take a quick look at some of their matches on hard courts.

that said, you are right. it does take some work.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »
lol yea I hear ya....i like a few move like the kick serve,drop shot and volley

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
Kickers are fun and reliable, but my fav is to hit a wicked slice out wide on the second serve after missing the same shot on the first serve.  After hitting a bunch of kick 2nd serves early in the match this is a deadly strategy.  I hope OSB & T4U aren't reading this in case I make it out to Cinncy in August! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »
Kickers are fun and reliable, but my fav is to hit a wicked slice out wide on the second serve after missing the same shot on the first serve.  After hitting a bunch of kick 2nd serves early in the match this is a deadly strategy.  I hope OSB & T4U aren't reading this in case I make it out to Cinncy in August! ;-()

I don't miss anything!   ;-()    It don't matter if you tell me stuff or not...........after seeing your serve 10 times, I will be on it like flies on stink!   ;-() :whistle:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »

I don't miss anything!   ;-()    It don't matter if you tell me stuff or not...........after seeing your serve 10 times, I will be on it like flies on stink!   ;-() :whistle:
When Pigs Fly Holmes!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
I've been wondering this for a while- what's the difference between a kick serve and the american twist serve? cuz my understanding is that the kick serve is just that it bounces really high (crazy topspin) and the twist serve is that the serve looks like its a slice and then kicks up in the other direction. Also can anyone give me an insight into how to do the twist serve? I think i've done it a couple times by accident (or at least that's what pawan89 tells me) and I'd like to learn how to do it on purpose   :)).

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »
I've been wondering this for a while- what's the difference between a kick serve and the american twist serve? cuz my understanding is that the kick serve is just that it bounces really high (crazy topspin) and the twist serve is that the serve looks like its a slice and then kicks up in the other direction. Also can anyone give me an insight into how to do the twist serve? I think i've done it a couple times by accident (or at least that's what pawan89 tells me) and I'd like to learn how to do it on purpose   :)).

you definitely have, the past few times especially. Like it's obviously coming to my backhand, so i move towards my forehand to set up and it bounces and directs straight at me (who is moving to the forehand side). I don't recall if the bounce was that high or not.
From what I understand a kick serve is basically any serve that kicks up = topspin. Even the american twist is a kick serve. The twist also has enough sidespin on it that it curves into the side that your normal serve would take and then after the bounce just kicks up forward, all effects of the slice vanish pretty much. so it follows the slice trajectory until the bounce and then a normal kick serve path after the bounce.
i remember reading up a lot on this some time back and even trying it a few times.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
hahan that pretty cool..i should use the twist serve sometime lol...so do you guy play in any tourments and stuff

Offline wihamilton

• Tennis Player
    • Fuzzy Yellow Balls
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:02 AM »
Toss the ball so that you can hit it over your head.  That will let you brush up and across the ball and create the correct spin.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 05:34:40 AM »

When Pigs Fly Holmes!

I guess we will be seeing some pigs fly this Summer in Ohio then!   ;-()

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 05:36:15 AM »

As I understand it, the American Twist serve is like a slice serve but hit on the other side of the ball.   It is a slice the opposite direction that the slice serve would normally go. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 05:43:04 AM »

When Pigs Fly Holmes!

I guess we will be seeing some pigs fly this Summer in Ohio then!   ;-()
Yes, I'll be coming in on SouthWest! :rofl_2:  :hysterical: :shakey:
CONK da ball!!!