Author Topic: Federer into another final...  (Read 2082 times)

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Federer into another final...
« on: March 19, 2005, 06:06:09 PM »
Amazing, 4 finals in 5 tournaments and winning 3 of those along the trip too. I think he's about to collect his 4th trophy.
Go Federer  :applause:
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 06:17:35 PM »
I think he will too.  Who do you think he would rather play?  I am guessing Hewitt.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 06:30:13 PM »
People were expecting Federer to fade into the crowd and just be another face after Safin beat him at AUS Open. Since then, he won 2 titles and well on his way to another. I think Federer is just stubborn, he doesn't want to blend into the crowd, super glued himself to that perch on top of the tennis world and fencing everyone off. Oh well, if he's happy, then I'm happy  :))
I don't really care who he faces in the final. It will be a good match since the other semi is the #2 and #3 in the world.
Go Federer  :Boxing:

Offline rhubarb

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:31:14 PM »
I'd rather him play Hewitt, that's for sure.   In any case, I hope his fitness is up to it - the final's back to best of five this year.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 06:32:58 PM »
I hope it's whoever is most likely to push him to more than three sets. I want my money's worth!  ;-()

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 07:41:55 PM »
Amazing how it seems to weird when Federer losses.  The greatest of all players lose, and yet so many doubt him when he loses one match when his opponent was on fire.

Even if Federer loses tomorrow, he is dominating mens tennis.
Scott Baker

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 09:27:47 PM »
Hooray for Federer!  Another final against Hewitt.  In an interview, Roger said he loves being #1.  He has the mentality for it.  He said after he achieved the #1 status and won the AO last year he actually seem to relax and play better.  He has the finals streak going as well.  What? 16 straight final victories?  I didn't see the  Roddick vs Hewitt match but going to 3 straight tie-breaks probably didn't help Hewitt for tomorrow's match.  I'm sure that took a lot out of him mentally and a little physically as well.  But we will see.  I hope Roger wins in straight sets.  But it looks like the 'rivarly' this year might be Federer vs Ivan L. and Federer vs Hewitt - even though they still haven't won against Roger yet in a while.  I'm told Roddick played pretty well tonight (25 aces), but still came up short.  Now he's 1-6 against Hewitt.  I'm hoping Federer's streak against Hewitt continues tomorrow.  Too bad it couldn't have been Federer vs Safin in the other semi.  Safin needs to get his head together.  The other 3 seem to make the semi-finals regularly.  That would have been great for tennis.  Instead, Federer almost had a cake-walk (6-3, 6-1) over Canas to breeze into the finals.  I guess he can only play who comes up in the draw! :whistle:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 09:31:46 PM »
I forget how many finals it has been in a row but it is an astounding number.  Hewitt will need to impress me tomorrow if I think he will be able to make a rivalry out of him vs Federer.  

I think any time Safin and Federer face off it will be a good match.  It will always be a better match if Federer wins though.  :)
Scott Baker

Denise50

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 10:00:31 PM »
Hey Tennis4You...I forgot to log in earlier!  That was my post right above yours about Federer.  I, too, think it will be a good final tomorrow IF Federer wins!  I'm pulling for him.  And, like Roddick said last year... it really isn't a rivalry if one person wins all the time.  I admire Roger because he turned the series around with Hewitt.  Early on it was Hewitt who had the best of him.  Now he has turned the tables.  Like Roger said, " Hewitt will have to change his game, not me."  I hope we get to see great shots from Roger tomorrow in a straight set win!  Shoots... I don't care if it's 6-0, 6-1, 6-2 as long as Roger wins tomorrow!  And, like you said, it's an amazing streak he has going in the finals.  That's one thing no one is really talking about, but before his streak of 16/17 or whatever it is, the most had been 12!  He is really taking tennis to a new level. ://

Now let me stop talking about Federer so much because the others will probably say I'm talking too much about one player amd get mad. ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 12:47:48 AM »
a great performance from Roger once again, demonstrating he can play just about every possible shot. good luck in the final Roger, which you probably dont need :))
i am going to make a very bold statement and say that i honestly believe Roger could pass Sampras's record for Grand Slam titles and also pass Agassi's record for Masters Series titles. :lmao:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 03:28:59 AM »
Considering someone has mentioned that Canas played tennis in a way similar to Hewitt's (after Canas's match with Henman) it is not surprising that he got rolled over, for this is how Hewitt always gets rolled over by Federer...

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 04:41:08 AM »
Federer's rivalry is pretty much the ATP. At this moment, you can't pick out a single player and said that he's Federer's rival. Safin beat Federer and then looked at his level of play since winning AUS Open. I don't think it would have matter if Federer had played Safin in the semi instead of Canas. Federer would have won anyway.
Good luck Federer and let the spanking begins  :Boxing:

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 02:44:23 PM »
Anyone see that amazing point at 1-1 in the second set where Federer had his first break point?

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 03:49:01 PM »
yeah! that was something else.
Its all good...

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
Federer certainly has it all. Numbers 2 and 3, while spectacularly good by all other standards, are comparatively limited and in different ways.  I doubt Roddick would have done much better in today's final. Hewitt's serve has disappointed through much of this last week.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 03:57:14 PM »
Keep an eye out for that Federer.  If he keeps playing like this he's going to be number 1.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2005, 04:01:25 PM »
Yet another thrashing.  Congrats to Fed for his 18th victorious final, simply amazing.  I think we will be hard pressed to ever see anyone ever do that again, and who knows, I think he can go beyond 20.
Scott Baker

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 04:47:03 PM »
That was a great win for Federer, but not a very good match. He could have bagelled Hewitt in the third if he hadn't wasted those break points opportunities and taken batter care of his serve. I was paying close attention to his volleys and they seem somewhat flawed. Notice how most of his volleys just floats and hangs in the air? He tends to let the ball drop too low so it has to go up when he hits them. Also, he doesn't move diagonally to cut the ball off. He still hits great volleys, but nothing to Henman's volleys.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 07:51:02 PM »
Bleh, what was the dagum score!? lol I always go racing through the threads trying to find out what the scores were and I never do. Its like everybody is talking in French or something becuz its like a secret that everybody knows except for me or something *glares at ChrisTaylor*  :)~

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
Bleh, what was the dagum score!? lol I always go racing through the threads trying to find out what the scores were and I never do. Its like everybody is talking in French or something becuz its like a secret that everybody knows except for me or something *glares at ChrisTaylor*  :)~

Hahaha, I must have masde your day.  It was 6-2 6-4 6-3 I believe, maybe not in that order.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com