Author Topic: Roddick vs Hewitt  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Roddick vs Hewitt
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:04:20 PM »
Well, after 2 tie-breakers we are looking at the beginning of the third set.  Hewitt won the first set and Roddick just won the second set.  Man o Man I wish they would televise this stuff.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

300g

Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:38:37 PM »
i hope roddick beats the heck outta hewitt ! i'm sick of seeing hewitt in a one-sided final losing bagel sets to federer ! maybe he should go play davenport and lose some bagel sets to her instead !!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »
lol...  Good stuff yo.

4-4 in the 3rd.

Edit - - - 3rd set tie-breaker...  Someone might be feeling tired tomorrow against Fed...
Scott Baker

Offline T rat

• Tennis Player
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:53:46 PM »
What's going on? ...  

edit:  I just saw your edit!  Thanks!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »
Unfortunetly I am being kept up to date by livescore.com so I am pretty much cluess.  It updates after games and does not give tie-breaker scores.  Lemme check...

Still in tie-breaker.

EDIT - - - OK, it is done.  Hewitt in 3.  All 3 sets went to tie-breakers.
Scott Baker

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 09:23:14 PM »
It must have been quite a match. Both players gave it their best. Still, I don't think I'll lose sleep by waiting up for the ESPN replay. I look forward to seeing some classy tennis in the final.

Denise50

Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 10:04:22 PM »
I don't care about 'classy' tennis... I just want a Federer win tomorrow! :whistle:

But I don't think I'm going to lose sleep either by watching the 'tape delayed' great tennis match by ESPN!  Just think, they showed the skating tonight (for a result that I saw early this morning), and they kept apologizing through the women's final for going long and interrupting college wrestling!  And they wonder why tennis isn't high in the rating here in America! (but this is another thread...so don't get me started on ESPN)! ://

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 11:14:53 PM »
At least ESPN postponed the Wrestling Championships to cover the women's 3 setter today, I was happy to see that!

I hope Fed wins too, I like seeing history in the making.
Scott Baker

Offline tennis_guy_andrew

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.oktennis.net
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 11:27:52 PM »
nice way to put it (history in the making)

I hope Hewitt gets mauled.

I really didn't care which one(Hewitt/Roddick) won, I don't like the way either plays. Although Hewitt is a bit more fundamentally sound.

Are they replaying the Hewitt match early this(sunday) morning?

If so I think I will choose sleep. lol
------------------------------------------
Please- Help me get a better college
education by making a donation:
http://andrewxps.hooveyy.com/pay.html
Thanks! :)

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 12:33:24 AM »
I think it'll be hilairous if Hewit gets destroyed tomorrow. Think about it -- Hewitt is #3 and Roddick is #2. That means they are the two best players (theoretically) in the world behind only Roger Federer. Now, if Hewitt struggled to beat the other guy who is 1 of the 3 best and then Roger comes out and destoys Hewitt -- that makes a statement about what he wouldve done to Roddick as well.

Sigh...he's like some sort of dream. Yknow the one you have where you're an evil super-genius on the tennis court and you blast away, rely on the technician and serve/volley all in one match. You're some kind of god of tennis....and I'm starting to think Roger is a cyborg sent to take over the world from the planet of Mars.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 04:50:47 AM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
I think it'll be hilairous if Hewit gets destroyed tomorrow. Think about it -- Hewitt is #3 and Roddick is #2. That means they are the two best players (theoretically) in the world behind only Roger Federer. Now, if Hewitt struggled to beat the other guy who is 1 of the 3 best and then Roger comes out and destoys Hewitt -- that makes a statement about what he wouldve done to Roddick as well.

Sigh...he's like some sort of dream. Yknow the one you have where you're an evil super-genius on the tennis court and you blast away, rely on the technician and serve/volley all in one match. You're some kind of god of tennis....and I'm starting to think Roger is a cyborg sent to take over the world from the planet of Mars.

*poke* *poke* Arcforce  :whistle:
I think you meant Hewitt is #2 and Roddick is #3  :))
I'll go out and a limb and predict that Federer will win more titles this year than last but probably one less GS and more Master Series.
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Anonymous

Roddick vs Hewitt
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 10:51:24 AM »
Well it looks like i'm the only one who woke up early enough this morning to watch an entertaining match. Hewitt pretty much held serve comfortably until midway during the second set. Roddick actually attempted too be aggressive on his return of serve :uh:  ;) after Hewitt broke Andy's serve. And guess what, Andy broke back :shocking: .  It also helped that errors crept into Hewitt game too.  Anyway, they pretty much held serve with each garnering break points but not converting. The third set tie-break was kind of downer, because ya kinda knew andy was gonna lose once he flubbed his mini-break.

PS
The linespeople were really bad, with Hewitt getting the shaft many times. Andy hit several serves long but since they were so fast, the lines people made the incorrect calls. And the crowd  :no-no: , oh man. One person during the third set tie-break, with Andy in his serving motion proceed to yell, as a result, andy dumped his serve into the net.