Author Topic: Rugby - Calcutta Cup  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Rugby - Calcutta Cup
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
Its that time in the Six Nations aain where England are playing against Scotland, this year in Scotland.

At the moment, half time has just past, and my family are celebrating!!!

Scotland are winning the match with a lead of 12 points to 3. This leaves a gap wider than a single try for England to catch up, with a lot of penalties so far.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
Re: Rugby - Calcutta Cup
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
Dan Parks takes a penalty for Scotland from miles back for an unfair challenge on Hugo Southwell, and he scores, taking Scotland to a 15-3 lead!!!

C'mon the Blues!!!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »
To the families dismay, Jonny Wilkinson gets a penalty straight after, which we all could've sworn missed, but there we have it, 5-5 to Scotland, but still a nice healthy lead.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »
Ok this is mad. Every time I leave the keyboard, another penalty is scored. Who got it this time? Jonny Wilkinson sadly, meaning its now 15-9 to Scotland. We're still leading, but now England are within a converted try. Get it together Scotland!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »
YEAH!!!!!!!!

A massive uproar in the household as Scotland drag England into touch to give Scotland their first win of the tournament, 15-9 over England. I repeat, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
The patriotic fireworks are let off in celebration, and the Calcutta Cup is back in Scotland.

Of course, the fireworks wouldn't have gone off if England had won, but this is one of the days I'm proud to be Scottish.

I see kickserve is avoiding this thread?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 11:19:34 AM »
Ah well, sh!t happens  :whistle: England we're absolutely rubbish today, from what I saw in the 1st half: no imagination in their play whatsoever. Congrats on your win murrayfan, enjoy it, it doesn't happen often.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:20:27 AM »
To be beaten by that Scottish team shows so clearly just how bad this England team is now!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
Ah well, sh!t happens  :whistle: England we're absolutely rubbish today, from what I saw in the 1st half: no imagination in their play whatsoever. Congrats on your win murrayfan, enjoy it, it doesn't happen often.

Well, in the last 3 years of the 6 Nations, Scotland have won against England twice. And by today do you mean every day?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »

Well, in the last 3 years of the 6 Nations, Scotland have won against England twice. And by today do you mean every day?

To be honest, every day since 2003 except for 2 (vs. Australia and France in the World Cup).

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

To be honest, every day since 2003 except for 2 (vs. Australia and France in the World Cup).

Well I'll give it t you the World Cup brings out the best in you. But keep an eye on the FIFA world rankings in the football.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »

Well I'll give it t you the World Cup brings out the best in you. But keep an eye on the FIFA world rankings in the football.

Now we've got rid of that ginger waste of space, we're only going to widen that gap between us and you.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »

Now we've got rid of that ginger waste of space, we're only going to widen that gap between us and you.

Umm, ginger waste of space?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 11:34:32 AM »

Steve McLaren

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »

Steve McLaren

Oh yeah lol.

Agent McLaren, you can return to Scotland, your mission is complete.

Anyhows, it was the players fault too remember, and Scotlands team is growing better.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

Steve McLaren

Oh yeah lol.

Anyhows, it was the players fault too remember, and Scotlands team is growing better.

Oh yeah, the players have to take responsibility, but one good qualifying campaign doesn't make Scotland as good as England. Rep. of Ireland qualified for WC 2002 over Portugal and Scotland, Wales went toe to toe with Italy throughout a campaign a few years back, N. Ireland also had a good campaign this time, but the acid test is whether they can continue it: Ireland and Wales are hopeless now, while this is the first time since 1994 England haven't qualified for something. This campaign was a blip for us, but for Scotland and N. Ireland, I fear it was a peak.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

Steve McLaren

Oh yeah lol.

Oh yeah, the players have to take responsibility, but one good qualifying campaign doesn't make Scotland as good as England. Rep. of Ireland qualified for WC 2002 over Portugal and Scotland, Wales went toe to toe with Italy throughout a campaign a few years back, N. Ireland also had a good campaign this time, but the acid test is whether they can continue it: Ireland and Wales are hopeless now, while this is the first time since 1994 England haven't qualified for something. This campaign was a blip for us, but for Scotland and N. Ireland, I fear it was a peak.

A blip? A new manager isnt gonna change that much, England have some top players, but all of them play so much better club football than International.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »
I'm calling it a day for a bit guys, cya tomorrow or later tonight.