Non-Tennis Discussions > General Discussions

Cinema

<< < (92/99) > >>

FedFanForever:
I just watched the 1963 version of Cleopatra. What an epic, 4 hours.

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: oracle86 on August 18, 2012, 10:39:02 AM ---I admit I'm a Nolan fangirl. Infact, I've watched TDKR about 9 times so far over the past month.  :lmao:

--- End quote ---

Wow 9 times?  :lmao:

Well even as Batman 'fan', I really like Nolan's work. What he did(besides Batman) with Momento, Prestige, Inception etc is truly amazing.
Gotta give him credit for his lack of CGI and phenomenal directing.

The oddest thing is, movies I really really like, like Nolan's Batman Saga, Tim Burton's, 2001, Blade Runner etc I don't like watching on multiple times, especially in short period of time.
I like some time to pass before watching it again.

For example I watched TKDR only once, will watch it again, so I can see it in theaters for one more time before its released on blu ray.

As for the movie itself, I found it amazing. As I've said earlier it can't be better than previous 2, but we got to see yet another great story, acting and ultimately great trilogy.
The only problem I had with it, I wanted Batman to be more grounded, meaning less 'car chases' etc etc.

Start da Game:

--- Quote from: Lugburz on August 28, 2012, 08:57:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: oracle86 on August 18, 2012, 10:39:02 AM ---I admit I'm a Nolan fangirl. Infact, I've watched TDKR about 9 times so far over the past month.  :lmao:

--- End quote ---

Wow 9 times?  :lmao:

Well even as Batman 'fan', I really like Nolan's work. What he did(besides Batman) with Momento, Prestige, Inception etc is truly amazing.
Gotta give him credit for his lack of CGI and phenomenal directing.

The oddest thing is, movies I really really like, like Nolan's Batman Saga, Tim Burton's, 2001, Blade Runner etc I don't like watching on multiple times, especially in short period of time.
I like some time to pass before watching it again.

For example I watched TKDR only once, will watch it again, so I can see it in theaters for one more time before its released on blu ray.

As for the movie itself, I found it amazing. As I've said earlier it can't be better than previous 2, but we got to see yet another great story, acting and ultimately great trilogy.
The only problem I had with it, I wanted Batman to be more grounded, meaning less 'car chases' etc etc.

--- End quote ---

the dark knight will be remembered as the best film of the trilogy.........there is not a single trademark batman stunt in TDKR........they should have signed off the movie with a great stunt right at the end but they chose to end it very casually.........

like i said above in one of the posts, they should have included a great stunt at the end and changed those scenes where bane gets killed by hathaway (wtf?) and also batman fighting in the streets in daylight........the movie highlighted other characters more than the batman........

Babblelot:
Looper is stupid.

Emma:
Watched Star Trek 2 last weekend. Was slightly better than the first one but unfortunately, it's trying too hard to please the current crowd and is moving way from what it was really famous for. It's becoming more of an action genre than a true sci-fi. Also, it has taken a bit from The Wrath of Khan as well as a couple of other Trek movies, so it lacks originality to begin with. Oh well...

Watched Impostor last night. Pretty good for a movie that was low budget and was taken from a short story. The premise is so good, I wished it had a bigger budget and a great director who could have done wonders with the plot. This too was another sci-fi btw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version