Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 50614 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Cinema
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2009, 11:42:59 PM »

BG!!! Look what she wrote!!! What do you know about that, missy? And if you know a lot, what's your number?

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2: :hysterical:

Hey, Demetri Martin's new show begins Feb 11 :thumbs-up:

I just saw this post you dirty old man. :)~ Are you lacking in that department Mr. Babs? :))

And yes, I love Demetri Martin (did I tell you that? :confused1: ) I can't wait to see this show. I also wanna get his CD but I have listened to it on youtube. PLEASE listen to Songs on Guitar.... it is the funniest thing. :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Emma, just came back from seeing He's Just Not That Into You... it was great. So cute, so funny, so sad.... loved it :thumbs-up: Oh, and Bradley Cooper was freaking HOT in it! :lust: :lust: :lust: (PS, he's the stripping doctor. :innocent: )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gPBfUGVwc[/youtube]

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:35 PM »

BG!!! Look what she wrote!!! What do you know about that, missy? And if you know a lot, what's your number?

I just saw this post you dirty old man. :)~ Are you lacking in that department Mr. Babs? :))

And yes, I love Demetri Martin (did I tell you that? :confused1: ) I can't wait to see this show. I also wanna get his CD but I have listened to it on youtube. PLEASE listen to Songs on Guitar.... it is the funniest thing. :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Yep, that's one thing you have to look forward to when you get older. You won't be giving anymore BJs. Women my age hate it. Just ask Dallas.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:47:53 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »
Why would I pick you, of all people, to tell about Demetri Martin? Ahh... of course we talked about him before.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:31 PM »

Yep, that's one thing you have to look forward to when you get older. You won't be giving anymore BJs. Women my age hate it. Just ask Dallas.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: You poor thing :love: I'm not sure you'd want me... I wouldn't be any good. :whistle:

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »
I always seem to be changing the subject -- maybe this time it's a good thing! 

One of my favorite too stupid to laugh at movies is Young Frankenstein, that's an older one that some of you may not have even seen. It's truly "goofy" and you have to listen closely or you'll miss a lot. I've probably seen it 10 times and still find new funny stuff in there. If you haven't seen it... rent it... right away.  :))  I also loved Nacho Libre... his little song:

I ate some weeds
I ate some grass
I used by hand
To wipe my... tears   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

I crazy for Jack Black!

My favorite drama Shawshank Redemption, great movie.

Favorite chick flick:  The Way We Were -- Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand  :crying:

I haven't seen many movies recently. I wait and rent them because when I do run out and pay to get in, then the ridiculous prices for popcorn and a coke or whatever, I'm usually disappointed.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »
Good to see so many movie lovers...Not. Couldn't convince CK to post here but I think he's more into French stuff.

Some thoughts on Oscar this Sunday:

I loved Slumdog but didnít care for the millionaire part as much. I was more focused on how the two boys were growing up. But the main reason for me to go and see this movie was the music. Iíve been a big fan of A. R.Rahman. I started listening to his music since the late 90s. I am fairly sure heís going to win the Oscar this Sunday. This is the first time heís getting a worldwide recognition which should have happened a long time ago IMO.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Milk. I can tell you this much, Sean Penn is definitely going to get the Best Actor Oscar award. Brad Pitt is probably the close contender. It will be interesting to see. I havenít seen Milk but eventually I will. Both The Reader and The Revolutionary Road are a must see. I will probably see The Reader this weekend. Kate Winslet is definitely getting the Best Actress Oscar for The Reader. As for the best movie, I think both Slumdog and Benjamin Button are running neck to neck. Best direction is going to Slumdog. If it doesnít happen then I will be disappointed, although I must admit, Benjamin Button was extremely well directed as well. Itís probably a close call as well. All in all, both Button and Slumdog will get loads of Oscars. Hugh Jackman is hosting this yearís Oscar which, I think, will be very interesting to see even though the choice seems a bit odd.

On a side note, I highly recommend you all see Rachel Getting Married. Anne hathaway got a nom as the Best actress alongside with Kate but the movie is also very good.

Okay, I just wanted to get those thoughts out as I want to see how I fare this Sunday with my predictions. I do it every year anyway.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
Good to see so many movie lovers...Not. Couldn't convince CK to post here but I think he's more into French stuff.

I loved Slumdog but didnít care for the millionaire part as much. I was more focused on how the two boys were growing up. But the main reason for me to go and see this movie was the music. Iíve been a big fan of A. R.Rahman. I started listening to his music since the late 90s. I am fairly sure heís going to win the Oscar this Sunday. This is the first time heís getting a worldwide recognition which should have happened a long time ago IMO.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Milk. I can tell you this much, Sean Penn is definitely going to get the Best Actor Oscar award. Brad Pitt is probably the close contender. It will be interesting to see. I havenít seen Milk but eventually I will. Both The Reader and The Revolutionary Road are a must see. I will probably see The Reader this weekend. Kate Winslet is definitely getting the Best Actress Oscar for The Reader. As for the best movie, I think both Slumdog and Benjamin Button are running neck to neck. Best direction is going to Slumdog. If it doesnít happen then I will be disappointed, although I must admit, Benjamin Button was extremely well directed as well. Itís probably a close call as well. All in all, both Button and Slumdog will get loads of Oscars. Hugh Jackman is hosting this yearís Oscar which, I think, will be very interesting to see even though the choice seems a bit odd.

On a side note, I highly recommend you all see Rachel Getting Married. Anne hathaway got a nom as the Best actress alongside with Kate but the movie is also very good.

Okay, I just wanted to get those thoughts out as I want to see how I fare this Sunday with my predictions. I do it every year anyway.

Hi, I don't like to talk about brand new movies.Most of them I even didn't watch,but I can say I am a some kinda movie freak.
Also as a last year,this year movie for the best picture will be some drama genre.Don't know who will win it but I guess real contenders are T CC of Benjamin Button and Milk.Can't tell you about best actor in a leading role,but I am waiting on best actor in a supporting role.That really should and must be Heath Ledger.I mean the guy deserves all the credits he can get.And some nice tribute would be great. I am sure they can arrange something.To cut the story about The Dark Knight,I am completely sure that the movie will win every oscar where it's nominated.At least I truly hope so.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
I can say I am a some kinda movie freak.

:thumbs-up:  We have a lot in common, mate! So, why on earth would you support Chelsea   :)~
Anyway, I'd like to know some of your favorite movies. Please post a bunch.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
I can say I am a some kinda movie freak.

:thumbs-up:  We have a lot in common, mate! So, why on earth would you support Chelsea   :)~
Anyway, I'd like to know some of your favorite movies. Please post a bunch.
No,the real question would be,how come you support Arsenal ?!  :)~

Well,I have plenty of movies that I like.or enjoying watching. Mostly I watch one-two movies per day.
Hm my faves movies,let's see... From the blockbusters I like Lotr movies and definitely last two Batman movies as well as first two by Tim Burton.Also Master and Commander and always watching with fun PotC..
Some of the other movies I like:hm..Stir of Echoes,Snatch,Crash,Lucky Number Slevin,12 Monkeys..Some action like Heat,Reindeer Games,Breaking Point.And Classics from Al Pacio,De Niro etc...
All Hannibal Lecter movies (Manhunter,RedDragon,The Silence of the Lambs,Hannibal,Hannibal Rising) and definitely all the movies from Antony Hopkins,he's my favorite actor.(Fracture,Hearts in Atlantis,Dracula,Meet Joe Black etc...)
Something about Horrors,well I keep telling me these days horror movies are not that good as they used to be...But I am pretty satisfied with the SAW movies.and maybe the Ring. Texas Chainsaw also as it was based on a true story.Hostel is fun and White Noise .
Stephen King's Riding the Bullet is great,..From the comedy genre:I like to mention The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and the Man-Jack Nicholson,Dumb and Dumber but not part 2,hm..mybe Bruce Almighty,Meet the Parents and Fockers
and off course Football Factory  :))

hm I am sure I forgot to mention loads of movies that I like but you can ask me about some  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:59:48 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
Shouldn't have done that, mate.

Here are some of my favs. Have you seen them? If so :thumbs-up:  or  :thumb-down:

Henry Fool
Being John Malkovich
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Office Space
The Good Girl
Ghost World
The Squid And The Whale
The Secret Lives of Dentitsts
The Daytrippers
My Name is Nobody
Clock Watchers
Happy Accidents
Napoleon Dynamite
House of Games
The Departed
The Lives of Others (German)
Chasing Amy
Donny Brasco
Goodfellas
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Next Stop Wonderland
Buffalo 66

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2009, 06:47:54 AM »
Being John Malkovich :thumbs-up:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind :thumbs-up:
Office Space :thumbs-up:
The Good Girl :thumbs-up:
The Daytrippers :thumbs-up:
Napoleon Dynamite :thumbs-up:
The Departed :thumbs-up:
Donny Brasco :thumbs-up:
Goodfellas :thumbs-up:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest :thumbs-up:

They're the ones I've seen out of your list, and I like all of them.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »

Henry Fool :thumbs-up:
Being John Malkovich :thumbs-up:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:
Office Space
The Good Girl :thumbs-up:
Ghost World :thumbs-up:
The Squid And The Whale
The Daytrippers :thumb-down:
My Name is Nobody
Clock Watchers :thumb-down:
Happy Accidents
Napoleon Dynamite
House of Games
The Departed :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:
Chasing Amy
Donny Brasco :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:
Goodfellas :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:
Next Stop Wonderland :thumbs-up:
Buffalo 66 :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

as you can see,some of them I watched and marked...The ones I haven't seen,I didn't marked  :)
and some of them I marked as 2thumbs up  ;-()
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:20:11 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
Somil and Lugburz!

Many American films are widely distributed overseas, but not in the States. For instance, very few Americans have seen the following films:

Henry Fool -- I saw that in London  :)  (Parker Posey)
The Daytrippers  (Parker Posey, Hope Davis)
Clock Watchers  (Parker Posey)
Next Stop Wonderland  (Hope Davis)

Some, but not many, have seen The Good Girl, Ghost World and Buffalo 66.

Pretty :cool:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »

Hi, I don't like to talk about brand new movies.Most of them I even didn't watch,but I can say I am a some kinda movie freak.
Also as a last year,this year movie for the best picture will be some drama genre.Don't know who will win it but I guess real contenders are T CC of Benjamin Button and Milk.Can't tell you about best actor in a leading role,but I am waiting on best actor in a supporting role.That really should and must be Heath Ledger.I mean the guy deserves all the credits he can get.And some nice tribute would be great. I am sure they can arrange something.To cut the story about The Dark Knight,I am completely sure that the movie will win every oscar where it's nominated.At least I truly hope so.

Ledger will probably get it. There most likely to be a tribute as well. He was the only highlight of Dark Knight otherwise the movie sucked. Too many climaxes to begin with.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »

Here are some of my favs. Have you seen them? If so :thumbs-up:  or  :thumb-down:

Henry Fool
Being John Malkovich

Office Space
The Good Girl
Ghost World

The Squid And The Whale
The Daytrippers
My Name is Nobody
Clock Watchers
Happy Accidents
Napoleon Dynamite
House of Games
The Departed
Chasing Amy
Donny Brasco
Goodfellas

Next Stop Wonderland
Buffalo 66

I only saw those ones I highlighted.

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2009, 08:22:58 PM »

Henry Fool
Being John Malkovich

Office Space
The Good Girl
Ghost World

The Squid And The Whale
The Daytrippers
My Name is Nobody
Clock Watchers
Happy Accidents
Napoleon Dynamite
House of Games
The Departed
Chasing Amy
Donny Brasco
Goodfellas

Next Stop Wonderland
Buffalo 66

I only saw those ones I highlighted.

I guess they were all... meh  :laugh-bounce:

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »
I like the original hongkong version of "The Departed". I consider that better than departed.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »

Henry Fool
Being John Malkovich
Office Space
The Good Girl
Ghost World
The Squid And The Whale
The Daytrippers
My Name is Nobody
Clock Watchers
Happy Accidents
Napoleon Dynamite
House of Games
The Departed
Chasing Amy
Donny Brasco
Goodfellas
Next Stop Wonderland
Buffalo 66

Elwood and Kate. :cool: Have you ever seen Everything is Illuminated? Sounds like it'd be your kind of movie.

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »
I like the original hongkong version of "The Departed". I consider that better than departed.

Haven't seen it, but I should. What's it called?

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »

Haven't seen it, but I should. What's it called?

Here you go.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/