Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 50860 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Cinema
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
Finally watched some of the this year oscars movies...I quite liked SlumdogM although not sure  it deserved so many oscars,but anyway I was interested only in on oscar so I am happy the way it went..The Curious Case of the Benjamin Button,for me is better movie. It has that drama for the oscars...But!!! I will regret the day I watched The Milk :)) There wasn't any minute of the movie I liked,or at least until he got killed..Yes,Penn was great as an actor but---disgusting!!!

I didn't see Ben Button, but I saw the other two. I thought Frost-Nixon was the best movie I saw from 2008.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
Finally watched some of the this year oscars movies...I quite liked SlumdogM although not sure  it deserved so many oscars,but anyway I was interested only in on oscar so I am happy the way it went..The Curious Case of the Benjamin Button,for me is better movie. It has that drama for the oscars...But!!! I will regret the day I watched The Milk  :mad1: There wasn't any minute of the movie I liked,or at least until he got killed..Yes,Penn was great as an actor but---disgusting!!!

I didn't see Ben Button, but I saw the other two. I thought Frost-Nixon was the best movie I saw from 2008.

I didn't see Frost-Nixon,but looking forward seeing it...
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
Unless I'm taldkde tout of it , itm toging tio see Gomorraho a tomoreow.  ;-()

dedja gso set he movei ur war u too unghoever?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »
Let me rewrite this so you can understand.

yellow you jererk!  :mad1:
Iahdp lanend oon seeining "Gammorraho" to nigh tan dusjt fuon dout ti just lef tthe thetaer (Thrsruday).

It's on IFC Pay-per-view, so I'll catch it on the tube.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

Iahdp lanend oon seeining "Gammorraho" to nigh tan dusjt fuon dout ti just lef tthe thetaer (Thrsruday).

OK, I finally watched Gamorrah today.

Umm... really disturbing film. I don't recommend it but not because it sucked. Actually, it was a very good film about real organized crime--not in East New Jersey--in southern Italy. Yikes! Totally F'd up world.

The best thing about the movie was it's honesty. There are no larger than life Robert DiNiros, Al Pacinos, Matt Damons or Jack Nickolsons delivering one canned Hollywood line after another. Just one of the most honest films I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:44:46 PM by Babblelot »

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
Star Trek was surprisingly solid.  I expected a dumb, Michael Bay-like movie, but I guess I should have had more faith in JJ Abrahms.  They managed to reboot a series in such a way that they can pretty much go buck wild and not worry about people complaining about continuity.  I suggest you people check it out. 

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2009, 10:52:06 PM »
Waiting for Terminator Salvation faithfully!

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »

That looks pretty good as well.  What did you think of Terminator 3? 

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

Umm... really disturbing film. I don't recommend it but not because it sucked. Actually, it was a very good film about real organized crime--not in East New Jersey--in southern Italy. Yikes! Totally F'd up world.

The best thing about the movie was it's honesty. There are no larger than life Robert DiNiros, Al Pacinos, Matt Damons or Jack Nickolsons delivering one canned Hollywood line after another. Just one of the most honest films I've ever seen.

I'm glad you finally go to see it! I would probably enjoy that, I like our Godfather movies, does Gamorrah do away with our conception of organized crime? I imagine we've glamorized it so much we don't even know what's real.

Just mentioning the crime thing tho' reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies "Usual Suspects". Loved it.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

it was OK but this is Christian Bale....my favorite actor doing one of my favorite stories!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »

it was OK but this is Christian Bale....my favorite actor doing one of my favorite stories!

Why is he your favourite?

Anyway, I saw two movies over the long weekend. Rachel Getting Married (pure crap) and Numb. Numb was excellent. I didn't see Angels & Demons; instead, I bought the book.
You are everything I am not.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »

Anyway, I saw two movies over the long weekend. Rachel Getting Married (pure crap) and Numb. Numb was excellent. I didn't see Angels & Demons; instead, I bought the book.

American Psycho was brilliant; his performance was incredible...unmatch
The machinist was also brilliant; if you haven't see this movie you are missing out.
Equilibrium - low budget but awesome
The Prestige - great movie because of him
Harsh Times - interesting role, shows his range
3:10 to Yuma - Crowe took the lead in this movie but another Gem in my eyes from CB
Rescue Dawn - ok movie, enjoyed his role very much

He has a lot of range, talent, the type of presence that makes any role credible.

Johnny Depp is also up there in my list along with Leonardo; extremely talented with the ability to take on any role. IMHO, these 3 are best Hollywood has to offer.

Never heard of Rachel getting married and Numb; I guess with Movies like Harry Porter, GI Joe, Transformer and Terminator in the horizon; nothing is getting that much talk.

I want to see Angel and Demons but that one will have to wait for DVD; I was told is better than the first one.

Check out Bale in the machinist:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

The machinist was also brilliant; if you haven't see this movie you are missing out.
3:10 to Yuma - Crowe took the lead in this movie but another Gem in my eyes from CB

He has a lot of range, talent, the type of presence that makes any role credible.

Johnny Depp is also up there in my list along with Leonardo; extremely talented with the ability to take on any role. IMHO, these 3 are best Hollywood has to offer.

Never heard of Rachel getting married and Numb; I guess with Movies like Harry Porter, GI Joe, Transformer and Terminator in the horizon; nothing is getting that much talk.

I want to see Angel and Demons but that one will have to wait for DVD; I was told is better than the first one.

I only saw American Psycho and The Prestige. He was good in both of them. Depp has more talent than Bale though. Depp can pretty much play any role even a sweet one, which won't suit Bale because of his very macho look. I do like him though. Leonardo is quite talented too no doubt.

Rachel Getting Married is from last year and Numb is from the year before. I saw them in video with friends. Actually I saw Numb on TV this Sunday night.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »

I only saw American Psycho and The Prestige. He was good in both of them. Depp has more talent than Bale though. Depp can pretty much play any role even a sweet one, which won't suit Bale because of his very macho look. I do like him though. Leonardo is quite talented too no doubt.

Rachel Getting Married is from last year and Numb is from the year before. I saw them in video with friends. Actually I saw Numb on TV this Sunday night.

You need to see the Machinist and 3:10 to Yuma! :)>>>>

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2009, 07:58:09 AM »

I'm glad you finally go to see it! I would probably enjoy that, I like our Godfather movies, does Gamorrah do away with our conception of organized crime? I imagine we've glamorized it so much we don't even know what's real.

Just mentioning the crime thing tho' reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies "Usual Suspects". Loved it.

Nothing like that. Running drugs, weapons and toxic waste told though overlapping stories: two teens, a young boy, a tailor, and a business mogal. Except for the business mogal, more like what we would consider gangs, not that mobsters are nothing more than glorified gangs.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »

I'll check them out. Apparently Angels & Demons sucks too. Didn't surprise me. I didn't get why they bothered to do this one second and Da Vinci Code first, when the books are the other way around.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »

I'll check them out. Apparently Angels & Demons sucks too. Didn't surprise me. I didn't get why they bothered to do this one second and Da Vinci Code first, when the books are the other way around.

Well said Emma GREAT TO SEE YOUR EYES-AVI BACK!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »

I didn't know they were so popular. Oh my God!  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »

there are so cool!!!!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »

there are so cool!!!!  :)

very cool :thumbs-up:
:)~