Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 48513 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Cinema
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
X-Men was nice and am planning on seeing Angels and Demons this weekend. That is my favorite Dan Brown book so I hope it is loads better than Dav Vinci Code. :)

I saw two great WWII movies: Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Schiendler's List. Both were excellent movies but SL was especially moving. A great movie and totally deserving of the title of a classic.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »
X-Men was nice and am planning on seeing Angels and Demons this weekend. That is my favorite Dan Brown book so I hope it is loads better than Dav Vinci Code. :)

I saw two great WWII movies: Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Schiendler's List. Both were excellent movies but SL was especially moving. A great movie and totally deserving of the title of a classic.

Yeah, I've got to see Angel & Deamons too! I love that stupid book  :rofl_2:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:05 AM »

you love conspiracies!

what about terminator? My friend told me he was going to it again so I guess it was good!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »

That's an all time classic. Very moving indeed.
You are everything I am not.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »

you love conspiracies!

what about terminator? My friend told me he was going to it again so I guess it was good!

Are you talking to me? Terminator?  ..-)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2009, 11:55:40 AM »
Emma, I felt like such a horrible person for finding Amon Goeth attractive. I mean, I find Ralph Fiennes to be a very good looking man, but he looked good in the movie. :zipped:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
Emma, I felt like such a horrible person for finding Amon Goeth attractive. I mean, I find Ralph Fiennes to be a very good looking man, but he looked good in the movie. :zipped:

Ralph?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »

I agree. They should have picked someone who's more evil looking. Unfortunately, Ralph is too attractive and it's even more horrible that I feel the same way, but that character made him even more attractive.  :zipped:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
What creeps me out though that the character did exist and the movie itself is based on a true story. Some people are just born pure evil, no doubt. I am fascinated by these minds though and want to explore as much as possible and want to find out why they are so different than the rest of us.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »

you love conspiracies!

I though I was  :confused1:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »

you love conspiracies!

I can tell by the title that I wouldn't like it.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2009, 01:02:04 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

I'm lumping it in, rightly or wrongly, with X-men and Wolverine and Spidey and Batty Boy. Is it the same genre, or should I give it a looksie?

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

I'm lumping it in, rightly or wrongly, with X-men and Wolverine and Spidey and Batty Boy. Is it the same genre, or should I give it a looksie?

Is sci fiction so if you don't like that genre then you should stay away. Is more serious than those marvels movies for sure with  more substance but, I don't want to tell go see it and Terminate your day  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

Is sci fiction so if you don't like that genre then you should stay away. Is more serious than those marvels movies for sure with  more substance but, I don't want to tell go see it and Terminate your day  :rofl_2:

Now I'm curious, I'll go peek. Do you like that Motorcycle Maintenance garbage. For some reason, I'm thinking the Machinist was directed by the same dude who did Motorcycle Maintenace. My friend likes sci fi, I can't handle it.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

Now I'm curious, I'll go peek. Do you like that Motorcycle Maintenance garbage. For some reason, I'm thinking the Machinist was directed by the same dude who did Motorcycle Maintenace. My friend likes sci fi, I can't handle it.

I never seen motorcycle maintenance garbage; I will google it though; sounds like an awesome name  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »

you love conspiracies!

That's fair I guess.

why?

I never seen motorcycle maintenance garbage; I will google it though; sounds like an awesome name  :rofl_2:

This Terminator? Can't handle it.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2831255552/tt0438488

Hmm... Maybe I've confused the movie, Motorcycle Diaries, with the sci fi book, Essential Guide to Motorcycle Maintenance

Motorcycle Diaries -- looks good :H

http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:24:29 PM by Babblelot »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »

Ralph?

Ralph is pronounced Rafe... for some reason. :confused1:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:56 PM »

I agree. They should have picked someone who's more evil looking. Unfortunately, Ralph is too attractive and it's even more horrible that I feel the same way, but that character made him even more attractive.  :zipped:

It's his eyes... they are just so intense. Did you see him in Maid in Manhattan? :wub:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »
I may be "scotter skimming'...but anyone see the new Star Trek?  I'm a trekie but you know I don't do movies.... (if it's any good I may get the bootleg copy)...