Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 50750 times)

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Re: Cinema
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2009, 01:34:10 AM »
I saw Jennifer's Body the other day. I liked it. It was pretty cool. I mean it wasn't like "OMG you have to see it!" But it's a great movie for my generation of peeps to go see.

Ohhhh and I sooo wanna see that Paranormal Activity movie. But I'm soooo scared to watch it. I always am pumped to go see horror flicks and then regret it when I can't fall asleep at night for a week.lol
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
  • My kitty, Athena, reacting to a dtl bh by Robin
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2009, 01:45:17 AM »
I saw Jennifer's Body the other day. I liked it. It was pretty cool. I mean it wasn't like "OMG you have to see it!" But it's a great movie for my generation of peeps to go see.

Ohhhh and I sooo wanna see that Paranormal Activity movie. But I'm soooo scared to watch it. I always am pumped to go see horror flicks and then regret it when I can't fall asleep at night for a week.lol

That one hasn't fared as well with the critics at only a 42% favorable percentage:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jennifers_body/

Title reminds me of this Birthday Party (Nick Cave's first band for the uninitiated) song, Jennifer's Veil:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fIvzdWSxM&feature=related[/youtube]

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Soderking, Nole, Del Pony, Rafa and a Rejuvenated Nalby for the Love of Tennis...

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2009, 10:08:14 AM »

That's what people say about Paranormal Activity.  Even if you're not super frightened at the theater, you will be when you go home and try to sleep at night. 

Offline tennis08

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:57 PM »
Anyone seen the movie "2012" lately? 
How good is it in terms of the story, cast/crew, special effects, etc.

Is this disaster movie is as good as Independence Day?

Offline SwissMiss

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2009, 01:44:14 AM »

I've been looking forward to this movie being released because the subject matter deeply interests me, but the reviews have been horrible for it. Have you seen it Tennis08? I'm calling Pawan his preferred name instead of Pawan89 now. Should I call you "Tennis" instead of "Tennis08"?  :)
Roger Federer || Martina Hingis || Agnieszka Radwanska || Novak Djokovic

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2009, 01:48:42 AM »
Watched it....not my kinda movie. Visuals are great but otherwise its typical like day after tomorrow or something....average movie. Watch it if you have to watch a movie and this is the only option  :ZZZZZ)

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline SwissMiss

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2009, 02:06:46 AM »
Watched it....not my kinda movie. Visuals are great but otherwise its typical like day after tomorrow or something....average movie. Watch it if you have to watch a movie and this is the only option  :ZZZZZ)

Yea, that about sums up what I've been reading about it. In terms of having any profundity, I understand it fails miserably in this area. One reviewer dryly stated "But profundity is not the director's strong suit."  :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »
I thought Couples Retreat was very funny

Offline tennis08

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »

I've been looking forward to this movie being released because the subject matter deeply interests me, but the reviews have been horrible for it. Have you seen it Tennis08? I'm calling Pawan his preferred name instead of Pawan89 now. Should I call you "Tennis" instead of "Tennis08"?  :)

I haven't seen it yet, but what I know is the 1st weekend box office gross in at some $65 million, and the budget is at some $200 million, so I was curious if this movie was a success.  Since you have read the review, I guess it will be just another average disaster movie, with no comparison to Independence Day or The Titanic.

Yeah, you can call me Tennis.  Keep it short to save you some writing, eh?

Offline tennis08

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »

I'm not surprise the visual effect would be excellent since movies these day are weigh alot on special effect, which the movie production continue to improve.

Offline SwissMiss

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »

I haven't seen it yet, but what I know is the 1st weekend box office gross in at some $65 million, and the budget is at some $200 million, so I was curious if this movie was a success.  Since you have read the review, I guess it will be just another average disaster movie, with no comparison to Independence Day or The Titanic.

Yeah, you can call me Tennis.  Keep it short to save you some writing, eh?

:rofl_2:

No, I don't mind calling you Tennis08. Pawan had just told me not to call him Pawan89 anymore in Roger's thread, so I was joking that I should take all numbers off names.  :laugh-bounce:  Anyway, I like Tennis08 better if that is ok? If I have to talk to you and "Fan" at the same time and take off the "08", I'll end up calling you two "Tennis" and  "Fan".  :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »
I saw The Blind Side last night. It was very good and very touching. Sandra Bullock was excellent and Tim McGraw playing her husband :drool:

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »
Avatar - A Visual Masterpiece - Not to be missed  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2009, 12:25:51 PM »
I don't know why I'm not into movies.  I'd rather 'read the book' than go see the movie.  Go figure! :rofl_2:  I just read "Precious" which is very 'deep' and kind of hard to read because it's written from the standpoint of the illiterate girl so it's hard reading, but it was a very interesting book.  I just didn't like the ending.  I hope the movie 'ending' is better.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »
I don't know why I'm not into movies.  I'd rather 'read the book' than go see the movie.  Go figure! :rofl_2:  I just read "Precious" which is very 'deep' and kind of hard to read because it's written from the standpoint of the illiterate girl so it's hard reading, but it was a very interesting book.  I just didn't like the ending.  I hope the movie 'ending' is better.

Oh?! What have you been reading?
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2009, 05:04:26 PM »

I just said I finished reading "Precious".  That's a movie out now (but since it's a 'black movie', you may now know of it) :innocent:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

I just said I finished reading "Precious".  That's a movie out now (but since it's a 'black movie', you may now know of it) :innocent:

lol  It's the kind of black movie I would go to see. Anyway, that's not what I expected. I was expecting something along the lines of Chicken Soup for the FedFan or Roger Federer for Dummys.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2009, 06:15:52 PM »

lol  It's the kind of black movie I would go to see. Anyway, that's not what I expected. I was expecting something along the lines of Chicken Soup for the FedFan or Roger Federer for Dummys.

Hey, I do have a life outside of Roger! :innocent:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
I want to see "Book of Eli" and "Legion".  Not sure either are out yet.  I will wait until they come out on DVD anyways because I am cheap like that  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

Something to "wind down on".   :gleam:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDUJnYdGmo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0emtcWCg0&NR=1[/youtube]